Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    No, aliens do not exist.
    Co-signed. No aliens out there. We are utterly alone in the universe.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Probably, but we would likely never meet them because the universe is so vast.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Co-signed. No aliens out there. We are utterly alone in the universe.
    Are you saying intelligent life? Or no other life anywhere in the Universe?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    And after the turtle? Yes I know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    You know aliens from other planets. Do you think they exist? I want to believe. But seriously, the universe is a BIG place, I can't believe humans are the only intelligent life in the galaxy or the universe. It seems arrogant.
    You pretty much summed it up right here. I do hope one day that we come across archaeological evidence of an extinct race or something, like in a Jack McDevitt novel. That’d be rad.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    I'm inclined to believe given the vastness of space and the billions of system configuration that ET life is likely. I highly doubt they've visited Earth though, and if they do it will be via remotely controlled drones.
    Agreed. I don’t believe in ancient alien intervention or alien abduction stories and I don’t believe crop circles are anything mystical or cosmic. All of that is silly to me. However, sometimes when I wake up at 3am and can’t sleep I get to wondering what first contact will be like and I can’t help but imagine that it will be the machine life of a now extinct society or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Our galaxy is huge, there are over 400 billion stars with Alpha Centauri being 4.5 light years away. We have such a limited understanding of the universe and the origins of live its self that it only with in out on observations and experiences. We base life on what it took for it to be created here without knowing if the can be done in other ways. The "things have to be just right" is good for now but only pertains to life as we know it until we can really put it to the test (which may never happen) the prospect of life with in our own galaxy is there. Now the prospect of ever meeting that life is so close to zero it is not worth working out.
    Absolutely, if intelligent life exists elsewhere we are so terribly far apart that we may never make contact. And maybe that’s a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I like to think there is other life out there, but they would be so incomprehensibly alien that no interaction could properly take place.
    Maybe, but we honestly don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    No aliens out there. We are utterly alone in the universe.
    This is highly unlikely. The odds of that are low.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Since ANCIENT ALIENS is on the HISTORY CHANNEL, it must true. ; )

AncientAliens.jpg
    Last edited by signalman112; 03-06-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

I hope we are alone, or stay alone. Everything else would cause us only trouble as far as I can imagine.

Racism is all over the place, or fear of things that differ from us. That would mean we would fear the Aliens and attack or whatever, or the Aliens would fear us...

Add me to the chorus of - Probably, just because space is so big, but we'll never meet them.

Interestingly the couple of people who've said "no" in this thread haven't given any reason. I'd be interested to know why they think that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Add me to the chorus of - Probably, just because space is so big, but we'll never meet them.

Interestingly the couple of people who've said "no" in this thread haven't given any reason. I'd be interested to know why they think that.
    Because we are unique

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Because we are unique
    All life is unique. Just in different ways.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Okay, i will try harder.

I don't think there is a lifeforms like us humans in the universe. They may be very very different. Most of the other life forms in the universe are smaller than us, cannot think like we do and live like amoeba or something.

There is life, but I still think we are the only life form who is aware of their own death, If you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Okay, i will try harder.

I don't think there is a lifeforms like us humans in the universe. They may be very very different. Most of the other life forms in the universe are smaller than us, cannot think like we do and live like amoeba or something.

There is life, but I still think we are the only life form who is aware of their own death, If you know what I mean.
    I understand your thinking there may not be human-intlelligence like life. But why amoeba? Life has existed on Earth for over 3 billion years and human like mammals for maybe 3 million. That is 0.1% of the time. So the variety of life can be incredibly large. Is your thinking we are the only ones aware of death philosophical, I don't see where that idea comes from on any scientific grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

AncientAliens.jpg
    I hear ya. I saw a couple of so-called History channel shows the other day. Clearly, they've thrown in the towel like everyone else and gone for ratings in order to get those sponsors. It might as well be the National Enquirer. It's a great argument for why PBS needs to stay commercial free.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Are you saying intelligent life? Or no other life anywhere in the Universe?
    Extraterrestrial, intelligent or otherwise. I'm not talking about things that are sometimes considered to be evidence of life (earth-like planets, solar systems like our own, proto-life molecular structures, and so on). Just talking about our galaxy here, the part we have been able to explore where we have at least some data to go off of.

No data is available beyond that.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post

AncientAliens.jpg
    Every time I see this program, or an advert for it, I die a little inside when I remember what the History once was. Oh well, at least we still have the Smithsonian and National Geographic Channels.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."