Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Nightcrawler Gospel

Any ideas what Kurt might choose to enshrine in his new mutant religion?

I can see veneration for Cerebro, the Phoenix Force, and living mutant deities like Apocalypse, The Five, and Storm.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Any ideas what Kurt might choose to enshrine in his new mutant religion?

I can see veneration for Cerebro, the Phoenix Force, and living mutant deities like Apocalypse, The Five, and Storm.
    Celibacy?

10ch

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Celibacy?
    certainly not from the same guy whose commandment was MAKE MORE MUTANTS

BANNED

never get intoa love pod without permission or washing your toes

Dating your sister is okay if you were adopted

I haven’t even begun to process The Last Temptation of Kurt Wagner (or Issue 7 of X-Men as it’s otherwise known).

Krakoa is tempting him with that cathedral, you know it is. Up to and including the framing of the scene on his perch which looked awfully like Christ being tempted by the devil.
    Krakoa is Up To Something.
    It looks as though it’s granting people’s wishes, Scott’s wish for a stable family, Black Tom’s wish for Juggernaut, Doug’s wish to have Warlock back? Kurt’s wish? Does he have the sort of ego which wishes to have a cathedral? To be at the centre of worship? He’s built a chapel before, but he’s never shown much desire to be powerful or important.
    What happens when peoples wishes clash? What if Logan’s wish is to set up home with Laura, Gabby and Daken, rather than on the moon, what does Krakoa do then?

Kurt has a perch. It’s high up, keep turning left (sinister). This amuses me.
    Kurt can access the tower, Logan can’t. That will make Logan sulk. This amuses me. Who else can access the tower?
    Never underestimate him, Scott, or his enquiring mind.

Upcoming predictions for Mutant Religion.

It will tell us something about how Mr Hickman is going to play this by how it goes.

It Kurt goes all Cerebus The Aardvark on us and declares himself pope and makes it all about him, then this is all a fever dream or an illusion and the X-Men are trapped in Krakoa as per ANAD.
    If he gets a functional, new age, happy clappy, everyone is welcome religion off the ground, he will be usurped by Exodus and a bunch of zealots. Or they will set up a rival, blood and thunder religion. Then this is reality, a twisted reality but nonetheless real.

The tower will fall. The tower always falls.
    It will break his heart when it does all go to hell.
    Last edited by Su_Whisterfield; 03-05-2020 at 12:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Dating your sister is okay if you were adopted
    You beat me to it.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I want to see all mutants undergoing to the Crucible given three opportunities to affirm their choice and resolve to participate. A reversal of the Three Denials of Peter.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Kurt may have to reveal how he was the victim of a witches coven and how his big adoptive sister didn't mind doing the deed with him before any Catholic clergy could do anything filthy with him. He'll have a biopic "When No One Would Listen To A Demon" Just kidding. Oye, that was retconned anyway. Uhh… if he wants to decide that clergy can marry like some faiths allow that's fine I guess. If pushing out babies doesn't seem too David Koresh. Another joke. I realize that was more in response to Mystiques teasing.

I rather their be no Nightcrawler turning out like anything similar to the Priest in The Draco. Who wants an Austen redux with a sweet young girl? The commentary on sexual abuse in Christianity was perhaps the only good thing about that story and so was Kurt demanding to confront the sexual abuse of children.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-17-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Kurt may have to reveal how he was the victim of a witches coven and how his big adoptive sister didn't mind doing the deed with him before any Catholic clergy could do anything filthy with him. He'll have a biopic "When No One Would Listen To A Demon" Just kidding. Oye, that was retconned anyway. Uhh… if he wants to decide that clergy can marry like some faiths allow that's fine I guess. If pushing out babies doesn't seem too David Koresh. Another joke. I realize that was more in response to Mystiques teasing.

I rather their be no Nightcrawler turning out like anything similar to the Priest in The Draco. Who wants an Austen redux with a sweet young girl? The commentary on sexual abuse in Christianity was perhaps the only good thing about that story and so was Kurt demanding to confront the sexual abuse of children.

Hickman is clearly a Heinlein fan, I suspect we should all grok Stranger in a Strange Land for clues, particularly The Church of All Worlds (though hopefully without the cannibalism...)
    I fully expect line-marriage and clan-marriage to show up.

Fantastic Member

I haven’t even begun to process The Last Temptation of Kurt Wagner (or Issue 7 of X-Men as it’s otherwise known).

Krakoa is tempting him with that cathedral, you know it is. Up to and including the framing of the scene on his perch which looked awfully like Christ being tempted by the devil.
    Krakoa is Up To Something.
    It looks as though it’s granting people’s wishes, Scott’s wish for a stable family, Black Tom’s wish for Juggernaut, Doug’s wish to have Warlock back? Kurt’s wish? Does he have the sort of ego which wishes to have a cathedral? To be at the centre of worship? He’s built a chapel before, but he’s never shown much desire to be powerful or important.
    What happens when peoples wishes clash? What if Logan’s wish is to set up home with Laura, Gabby and Daken, rather than on the moon, what does Krakoa do then?

Kurt has a perch. It’s high up, keep turning left (sinister). This amuses me.
    Kurt can access the tower, Logan can’t. That will make Logan sulk. This amuses me. Who else can access the tower?
    Never underestimate him, Scott, or his enquiring mind.

Upcoming predictions for Mutant Religion.

It will tell us something about how Mr Hickman is going to play this by how it goes.

It Kurt goes all Cerebus The Aardvark on us and declares himself pope and makes it all about him, then this is all a fever dream or an illusion and the X-Men are trapped in Krakoa as per ANAD.
    If he gets a functional, new age, happy clappy, everyone is welcome religion off the ground, he will be usurped by Exodus and a bunch of zealots. Or they will set up a rival, blood and thunder religion. Then this is reality, a twisted reality but nonetheless real.

The tower will fall. The tower always falls.
    It will break his heart when it does all go to hell.
    I wonder how religion would workout when most of the mutants have a “god mentality.” Apocalypse and Selene have lived for centuries. I doubt they’d have any interesting worshiping anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I wonder how religion would workout when most of the mutants have a “god mentality.” Apocalypse and Selene have lived for centuries. I doubt they’d have any interesting worshiping anyone.
    I am expecting Kurt to come up with something happy clappy and tree (Krakoa) hugging, not expecting fire and brimstone from him.
    And for someone (Exodus/Selene/Apocalypse/all of the above) to trample him and it into the mud at the end.

I am expecting Kurt to come up with something happy clappy and tree (Krakoa) hugging, not expecting fire and brimstone from him.
    It makes sense for the religion to be more pagan in nature considering Krakoa, but "fire and brimstone" reflects Arakko so it could have a place in his worship. Speaking of...

And for someone (Exodus/Selene/Apocalypse/all of the above) to trample him and it into the mud at the end.
    What if the Immortals are worshipped as a pantheon (along with The Five?). Poccy and Selene are not only eternal, but currently also play crucial roles in sustaining mutant life on Krakoa, so it makes sense to worship them as gods and give them their own "temples" in the regions they stay to appease them.

Also, The Five/Crucible and the Phoenix Force play into the concept of reincarnation (and unknowing to Kurt, Moira too), so can see that be incorporated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It makes sense for the religion to be more pagan in nature considering Krakoa, but "fire and brimstone" reflects Arakko so it could have a place in his worship. Speaking of...

What if the Immortals are worshipped as a pantheon (along with The Five?). Poccy and Selene are not only eternal, but currently also play crucial roles in sustaining mutant life on Krakoa, so it makes sense to worship them as gods and give them their own "temples" in the regions they stay to appease them.

Also, The Five/Crucible and the Phoenix Force play into the concept of reincarnation (and unknowing to Kurt, Moira too), so can see that be incorporated as well.
    Good points. Hm, his monotheistic Christian beliefs are right up the Swanee, aren’t they?

Any legit religion for mutants should focus its worship on The Phoenix Force.

-Pav, who does expect other cults to become fashionable...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details