Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Any ideas what Kurt might choose to enshrine in his new mutant religion?

I can see veneration for Cerebro, the Phoenix Force, and living mutant deities like Apocalypse, The Five, and Storm.
    Why would Storm be venerated? She doesn't deserve it in my opinion. I think Krakoa is the Eden, The Five are the quintinity (5 god's) Magneto and Xavier are the Moses equivalents. Apocalypse is the angel of death at least in some respects(crucible) impartial and fair all depowered mutants go through him. Maybe Wanda is the 'devil' figure not as a temptress but more like one who strips mutants of their highest potential to ascend...The rest like Nightcrawler or Exodus are just wise disciples.

If we have a game of thrones 7 star style pantheon then Father is Xavier, Mother and be Moira but since she is unknown then Hope(of the five) ,Maiden is perhaps Tempus(of the 5) Crone(read witch)most likely is Mystique-the evil doer for good cause), Warrior is Magneto, The Smith(craftsman)is Proteus/Elixir/Goldballs/Doug ,Stranger(death personified) is Apocalypse
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-18-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

If there is one thing that mutants could venerate, it’s the Phoenix force. It is the one consistent force in the universe that will always come back either to save, destroy or resurrect their race. Clan Askani come through!!!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

It would be interesting if Kurt held a conclave of all the other religious, spiritual mutants.
    Who should he ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Why would Storm be venerated? She doesn't deserve it in my opinion.
    In Black Panther, she seems to have developed a secondary mutation that allows her to draw on emotional energy to empower her. At least, that's what it looked like.

I think Krakoa is the Eden, The Five are the quintinity (5 god's) Magneto and Xavier are the Moses equivalents. Apocalypse is the angel of death at least in some respects(crucible) impartial and fair all depowered mutants go through him. Maybe Wanda is the 'devil' figure not as a temptress but more like one who strips mutants of their highest potential to ascend...The rest like Nightcrawler or Exodus are just wise disciples.

If we have a game of thrones 7 star style pantheon then Father is Xavier, Mother and be Moira but since she is unknown then Hope(of the five) ,Maiden is perhaps Tempus(of the 5) Crone(read witch)most likely is Mystique-the evil doer for good cause), Warrior is Magneto, The Smith(craftsman)is Proteus/Elixir/Goldballs/Doug ,Stranger(death personified) is Apocalypse
    Zeus = Xavier
    Poseidon = Magneto
    Hera = Marvel Girl
    Ares = Exodus
    Hephaestus = Mister Sinister
    Athena = Storm
    Aphrodite = White Queen
    Apollo = Nightcrawler
    Artemis = Kate Pryde
    Demeter = Mystique
    Dionysus = Sebastian Shaw
    Hermes = Apocalypse

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    In Black Panther, she seems to have developed a secondary mutation that allows her to draw on emotional energy to empower her. At least, that's what it looked like.

Zeus = Xavier
    Poseidon = Magneto
    Hera = Marvel Girl
    Ares = Exodus
    Athena = Storm
    Aphrodite = White Queen
    Apollo = Nightcrawler
    Artemis = Kate Pryde
    Demeter = Mystique
    Dionysus = Sebastian Shaw
    Hermes = Apocalypse
    Heh, I had Kurt and Hank work this out in a fanfic.

It was totally tongue in cheek!
    Zeus = Magneto
    Hera = Xavier
    Persephone = Marvel Girl
    Ares = Logan, but Kurt snarkily thinks he might be Hades at the moment.
    Apollo = Scott
    Athena = Sage
    Kurt’s just happy hiding out in the woods being a faun, but I suspect he’s Pan...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It would be interesting if Kurt held a conclave of all the other religious, spiritual mutants.
    Who should he ask?
    SoorayaQ aka Dust immediately comes to mind,Rahne Sinclair comes to mind since father was a priest. Strangely even Selene weird choice but she is very much into godhood,being worshipped,ceremonial ritual she's a perfect candidate.Exodus as well strikes me as someone with religious zeal and conviction for making things sacrosanct. those would be mutants NCrawler could find common language with in this regard.

Fantastic Member

SoorayaQ aka Dust immediately comes to mind,Rahne Sinclair comes to mind since father was a priest. Strangely even Selene weird choice but she is very much into godhood,being worshipped,ceremonial ritual she's a perfect candidate.Exodus as well strikes me as someone with religious zeal and conviction for making things sacrosanct. those would be mutants NCrawler could find common language with in this regard.
    I highly doubt mutants are eager to accept Christianity esp since most of the time it’s those religious zealots with bible verse are coming for their butts. The strongest and the most powerful mutants are more eager to ascend to divinity and godhood than serve a higher power. At the best, the Krakoan society is built on the survival of the fittest and not much concern about the afterlife because they have conquered death through their resurrection protocols. I doubt half of them have souls more of data upload from the cerebro iCloud.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I highly doubt mutants are eager to accept Christianity esp since most of the time it’s those religious zealots with bible verse are coming for their butts. The strongest and the most powerful mutants are more eager to ascend to divinity and godhood than serve a higher power. At the best, the Krakoan society is built on the survival of the fittest and not much concern about the afterlife because they have conquered death through their resurrection protocols. I doubt half of them have souls more of data upload from the cerebro iCloud.
    Remember this religion may borrow from Christianity ,but it won't be exactly Christian.I'm saying religious mutants whether Muslim like SoorayaQ, pagan/wiccan like Selene or Christian like NC and Exodus(who was a crusader) will appreciate the dogma,ceremony,communion that goes with religious structure even if it is entirely new