Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

CABLE2020001-Preview3412-5.jpg
    The book looks great so far but Cable calling Logan uncle feels wrong

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Logan would never trashtalk sapiens like he did in this preview. He's the one mutant away from that rhetoric of all the ones in Dawn of X, so clearly Duggan didn't do his Homework or didn't care (which is worse in my book).

Kable is just as unsufferable a brat as Quire is in those panels, and the goofyness doesn't suit the scene at all.
    I'm gonna wait for the real Cable to show up at some point down the line, it's useless to invest in this fac-simile.

Mark my words: he'll go the way the Lobo impostor went a couple of years ago at DC, it's just a matter of time.
    Kable is just a fake.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Logan would never trashtalk sapiens like he did in this preview. He's the one mutant away from that rhetoric of all the ones in Dawn of X, so clearly Duggan didn't do his Homework or didn't care (which is worse in my book).

Kable is just as unsufferable a brat as Quire is in those panels, and the goofyness doesn't suit the scene at all.
    I'm gonna wait for the real Cable to show up at some point down the line, it's useless to invest in this fac-simile.

Mark my words: he'll go the way the Lobo impostor went a couple of years ago at DC, it's just a matter of time.
    Kable is just a fake.
    Agreed!

10char

Astonishing Member

Kable is just a fake.
    Or you're overthinking this and something has happened off-screen to turn him. Hickman plays the long game with his series.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, it is kinda super hilarious that folks are more upset over Logan being tackled/pinned down by (yet) another dude than him being sorta established as a supremacist a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Or you're overthinking this and something has happened off-screen to turn him. Hickman plays the long game with his series.
    How is this Logan not a huge departure from all the other depictions of him in the rest of the Dawn of X-books? He was making remonstrances to Quire in X-Force about sneering on sapiens, yet he's doing it himself here? Come on.
    And that's not even just Logan, look at the wild drunken abandon of this Gorgon compared to the philosophical killer we saw in X-Men #4, they are Nothing alike either.
    And those are on-panel happenstances, not off-screen rationalizations.

But I digress, Bottom line being that preview did Nothing for me, quite the opposite, for the reasons I cited: Logan's characterization, the goofy tone being used here, the general unpleasantness of Kable.
    No, thank you, my money will go support another title.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You mean Wolverine change his views? Unlikely

How is this Logan not a huge departure from all the other depictions of him in the rest of the Dawn of X-books? He was making remonstrances to Quire in X-Force about sneering on sapiens, yet he's doing it himself here? Come on.
    And that's not even just Logan, look at the wild drunken abandon of this Gorgon compared to the philosophical killer we saw in X-Men #4, they are Nothing alike either.
    And those are on-panel happenstances, not off-screen rationalizations.

But I digress, Bottom line being that preview did Nothing for me, quite the opposite, for the reasons I cited: Logan's characterization, the goofy tone being used here, the general unpleasantness of Kable.
    No, thank you, my money will go support another title.
    This thing of "off-panel" shouldn't be used as justification of bad characterization.
    Logan is really old so he knos the worse and the best of humanity to talk about it

it shows that the writer doesn't care about characterizations
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-06-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Mighty Member

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

That looks better, Thanks

This looks like a lot of fun. Cable fighting Wolverine is an objectively good way to start a new solo series.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This looks like a lot of fun. Cable fighting Wolverine is an objectively good way to start a new solo series.
    How is it even an objectively good way? Losing to a kid. He is not even using his TK.

Terrible preview. Bad use of Logan makes it even worse.

BANNED

Yeah, I am gonna pass on this one. Never was a fan of Duggan's Wolverine.