Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Why is Wolverine wearing his old costume and not the newer version of it? Maybe Wifi is having a dream of wished greatness!
    Last edited by Gylfie; 03-06-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Why is Wolverine wearing his old costume and not the newer version of it? Maybe Wifi is having a dream of wished greatness!
    That would actually explain Gorgon's behavior or is a dream made by the Cuckoos lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I'm not a big fan of the art nor of WiFi as a character. And it's weird seeing Gorgon cheering and betting against Callisto with such glee. It's nice to see the original Silver Samurai back. I wonder if we'll see his son Shingen reaction some day? But I doubt it. I may get the first couple of issues, but I doubt I'll stick around too long.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    There is no such hint. It's becoming ceaselessly insufferable for fans to see the character jobbing frequently. A character who has been a protagonist of his own solo for like 30 years. It's worse than villains.
    It's wildly out of character for Wolverine to be on board with mutant supremacy. You're missing the bigger picture, watch what Silver Samurai said after Cable won and nobody batted an eyelash. Couple this with the various mutant supremacist leanings going on in other books and odd friendships which feel like What If?'s like Betsy and Apocalypse and Something Is Terrible Wrong. Wolverine isn't doing this in a vacuum. That's why I think it's a hint.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 03-06-2020 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While I know that folks tend to be pretty darn serious about their "X" IP...

Was I the only one that thought back to the "Dragonfly Jones..." running bit from the television series Martin?

It was right down to throwing "Dojo" in...
    OMG you just brought me back!!! One of my favorite shows of all time.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Worfing refers to a trope common in Star Trek The Next Generation, where (and just going to overexplain it just in case) the character Worf, a member of the Klingon species who are fierce, strong warriors, is often shown to be defeated easily in order to make the antagonists of the episode look tough and then the weaker, main characters find a way to defeat them.

tl:dr; tough character is shown to be easily beaten to make someone else look tougher

Wifi is a nickname fans/readers came up to describe this younger version of Cable to differentiate him (similar to nicknames given to the teen version of the original X-Men brought to the present in Bendis' run). The joke is that is is a play on wi-fi and cable, as in network/communications connections.
    Thank you so much for that. Now you've pointed it out I suppose I should have worked out the Wi-Fi thing !

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    WiFi is the board’s nickname for teen cable and wording refers to a trope called the Worf Effect. t’s when writers have a new character beat an established ‘tough’ character to show how strong the new character is. Worf was a character from Star Trek:TheNext Generation, who that kind of thing happened to a lot. The intended effect is for the audience to see it and yes, wow, this new guy must be tough, he could beat Worf (Wolverine, in this case.) But often, people just get annoyed instead.
    Many thanks !

this looks so fun. love seeing Callisto and Gorgon
    I feel like Noto is a great fit for this book. super vibrant and expressive

Spectacular Member

I'm not 100% sure this is real . I wonder if it could be a dream or fantasy ?

I love Wifi. He is so cute.

I need some Rachel and Wifi time. She needs to big sister to brother.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I love Wifi. He is so cute.

I need some Rachel and Wifi time. She needs to big sister to brother.
    My feelings exactly

Logan butt-kicked by Kid Cable? I'm not buying it. Literally.

Where have you been for the past 9 months? Wolverine's been wearing the tan and brown since he rejoined the X-Men

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Where have you been for the past 9 months? Wolverine's been wearing the tan and brown since he rejoined the X-Men
    Noto used the original variation. The Dawn of X version has padding and the X-belt.

"Cable was right!"

Mutants wear mutant clothes (aka every outfit is on the table)