Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post

Logan would never trashtalk sapiens like he did in this preview. He's the one mutant away from that rhetoric of all the ones in Dawn of X, so clearly Duggan didn't do his Homework or didn't care (which is worse in my book).

Kable is just as unsufferable a brat as Quire is in those panels, and the goofyness doesn't suit the scene at all.
    I'm gonna wait for the real Cable to show up at some point down the line, it's useless to invest in this fac-simile.

Mark my words: he'll go the way the Lobo impostor went a couple of years ago at DC, it's just a matter of time.
    Kable is just a fake.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Logan would never trashtalk sapiens like he did in this preview. He's the one mutant away from that rhetoric of all the ones in Dawn of X, so clearly Duggan didn't do his Homework or didn't care (which is worse in my book).

Kable is just as unsufferable a brat as Quire is in those panels, and the goofyness doesn't suit the scene at all.
    I'm gonna wait for the real Cable to show up at some point down the line, it's useless to invest in this fac-simile.

Mark my words: he'll go the way the Lobo impostor went a couple of years ago at DC, it's just a matter of time.
    Kable is just a fake.
    Agreed!

10char

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Oh, I do not mind Logan losing a fight! I am only bored that he is used again in such a context. And I am not interested in books using him this way or having him all grrr and stupid in an guest appearance, because we have plenty of it, so I am not buying this books.
    Pretty much, Logan losing a fight is fine, is not even his worst humilliation. But i expected a better use from him coming from the guy who wrote "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" arc, after this and Infinity Wacth, i'm not sure if i want to see more of his Wolverine.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Pretty much, Logan losing a fight is fine, is not even his worst humilliation. But i expected a better use from him coming from the guy who wrote "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" arc, after this and Infinity Wacth, i'm not sure if i want to see more of his Wolverine.
    Yes, exactly.'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' was pretty good, that is what makes it so disappointing. Infinity Watch and this preview is bad, and I think the same way about his future use of Logan.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 03-06-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Cable beat, like, all of the Avengers in five minutes. He can beat a cantankerous Canadian sex dwarf with metal poisoning.
    Honestly that proves my point more than disproves it. Seriously a kid with TK took out guys who regularly battle overpowered cosmic power houses. Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’m not a fan of how the fight was presented. Like I said earlier it’s silly to think Logan getting knocked on his back would be difficult for him at all. He has some form of super strength and speed and if Cable just plowed into him he would probably not only not be able to knock him over he would probably hurt himself running into Logan. Even assuming he caught Logan off balance and then tackled him the idea that Logan wouldn’t just shrug him off is kind of dumb. If WiFi is using his tk I would find it believable but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

On the plus side I enjoy the art and dialogue very much. Jobbing happens all the time in comics so I just chalk it up to this being Cables book so of course he’s gonna pin Uncle Logan.
    Agreed. I also find it odd how no writer seems to remember that hitting metal bones would hurt if not break a couple bones of the opponent. And it appears Cable rammed his head square into Wolverine’s rib cage. He should be out cold.

But I’ll give the book a chance.

I havent enjoyed a cable issue so much in a while and this is only the preview. Gotta admit I dont think ive ever enjoyed reading Cable+Wolverine as much....ugh Guess ill have to check this out
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Glad I'm not the only one noticing the sharp and disjointed flip in Logan's personality., in X-force he's all about giving humans the benefit of the doubt. Yet here he's losing his mind at their mere mention?

Currently MagSeven

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Agreed. I also find it odd how no writer seems to remember that hitting metal bones would hurt if not break a couple bones of the opponent. And it appears Cable rammed his head square into Wolverine’s rib cage. He should be out cold.

But I’ll give the book a chance.
    I think the muscle over the bone would pad it a bit. Looks to me like he's face to pec in that preview.

Astonishing Member

Kable is just a fake.
    Or you're overthinking this and something has happened off-screen to turn him. Hickman plays the long game with his series.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, it is kinda super hilarious that folks are more upset over Logan being tackled/pinned down by (yet) another dude than him being sorta established as a supremacist a-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Gotta say, it is kinda super hilarious that folks are more upset over Logan being tackled/pinned down by (yet) another dude than him being sorta established as a supremacist a-hole.
    Pride and prejudice…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Or you're overthinking this and something has happened off-screen to turn him. Hickman plays the long game with his series.
    How is this Logan not a huge departure from all the other depictions of him in the rest of the Dawn of X-books? He was making remonstrances to Quire in X-Force about sneering on sapiens, yet he's doing it himself here? Come on.
    And that's not even just Logan, look at the wild drunken abandon of this Gorgon compared to the philosophical killer we saw in X-Men #4, they are Nothing alike either.
    And those are on-panel happenstances, not off-screen rationalizations.

But I digress, Bottom line being that preview did Nothing for me, quite the opposite, for the reasons I cited: Logan's characterization, the goofy tone being used here, the general unpleasantness of Kable.
    No, thank you, my money will go support another title.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Amazing Member

Yess I’m more excited about the supporting cast pixie and the cuckoo yesss

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You mean Wolverine change his views? Unlikely

How is this Logan not a huge departure from all the other depictions of him in the rest of the Dawn of X-books? He was making remonstrances to Quire in X-Force about sneering on sapiens, yet he's doing it himself here? Come on.
    And that's not even just Logan, look at the wild drunken abandon of this Gorgon compared to the philosophical killer we saw in X-Men #4, they are Nothing alike either.
    And those are on-panel happenstances, not off-screen rationalizations.

But I digress, Bottom line being that preview did Nothing for me, quite the opposite, for the reasons I cited: Logan's characterization, the goofy tone being used here, the general unpleasantness of Kable.
    No, thank you, my money will go support another title.
    This thing of "off-panel" shouldn't be used as justification of bad characterization.
    Logan is really old so he knos the worse and the best of humanity to talk about it

it shows that the writer doesn't care about characterizations
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-06-2020 at 06:57 AM.