Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So push the characters, don't do queerbaiting.

give it time? like 4 decades? do it.
    Well they don't have to do anything, so just go with the flow enjoy the ride.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    You say all this like it's completely improbable, if they wanted too they could.

Look what's happening over in Avengers Hulking known LGBT character since debut, is front and center in what might be Marvel's biggest comic event of 2020.

Their willing to push characters just give it time. The only reason this Scott and Logan thing is happening is too cause discussion and questions and look at the facts people are talking about it so it's working.
    I'd be a lot more willing and able to accept this if Hickman even had a quarter of the examples that Ewing does in terms of representation.

But he doesn't.

Love it when people suddenly care about queerbaiting when it serves an agenda to preserve the purity of their fave characters. To even tease that one of Marvel's biggest mascots is in anything other than a strictly monogamous and hetero macho romance fantasy is bold enough. It's causing a lot of fans to completely meltdown right now lol. I'm happy that we've been getting a combination of explicit and subtextual stories considering the climate we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'd be a lot more willing and able to accept this if Hickman even had a quarter of the examples that Ewing does in terms of representation.

But he doesn't.
    Well Hickman created a gay character on his avengers. at least there is something.

On his avengers he also queerbaited, when a character said to sue that she slept on the same bed that the enemy and then said the same for captain america about Tony.

He has been doing this for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Love it when people suddenly care about queerbaiting when it serves an agenda to preserve the purity of their fave characters. To even tease that one of Marvel's biggest mascots is in anything other than a strictly monogamous and hetero macho romance fantasy is bold enough. It's causing a lot of fans to completely meltdown right now lol. I'm happy that we've been getting a combination of explicit and subtextual stories considering the climate we live in.
    there is nothing gay about Wolverine, he still has the same macho posturing

Know what'd be bigger.

Take your openly LGBTQ x-men and signal boost them more.

Leah's pulling weight

Hell Duggan's pulling weight

Even Hickman managed to pull weight a bit with X-men #5

but teasing these notably straight forever characters to the audience does NOTHING truly significant.
    If not out right sets real progress back.

Mighty Member

Well Hickman created a gay character on his avengers. at least there is something.
    You gonna need to refresh my mind on who this is cause hickman's real not good at making characters that are memorable.

Cause I'm pretty sure you're not talking about Black Swan or the antler siblings.

there is nothing gay about Wolverine, he still has the same macho posturing
    He's straight except for when he's thinking about Scott in a speedo.

Amazing Member

They said Uncle Logan, not Step-Dad Logan. Rectangle debunked.

He's straight except for when he's thinking about Scott in a speedo.
    he isn't thinking about Scott on a speedo

You gonna need to refresh my mind on who this is cause hickman's real not good at making characters that are memorable.

Cause I'm pretty sure you're not talking about Black Swan or the antler siblings.
    Not black swan. it was the scandinavian girl that was half alien-robot. I only remember her because of this.

Mighty Member

Was it Hyperion?

He had big BEAR energy.

he isn't thinking about Scott on a speedo
    He just can't say no to Scott in a speedo.

I popped my head in here to see some Cable chat and we're discussing the poly situation, fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The only reason this Scott and Logan thing is happening is too cause discussion and questions and look at the facts people are talking about it so it's working.
    B.I.N.G.O.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

He just can't say no to Scott in a speedo.
    well he can, but he want to see Jean on a bikini

Yeah really doesn’t matter to me because I don’t really care if one writer wants to write him maybe, sorta, perhaps if you squint hard enough at the text that way. Or if he wanted to flat out write him that way. I just think it’s hilarious how much twisting people will do to make that some sort of actual statement. Both those lauding it and funnier still those losing their minds over it.

Mighty Member

Not black swan. it was the scandinavian girl that was half alien-robot. I only remember her because of this.
    Pod?

Was pod Gay in Hickman's Avengers?

I coulda sworn that was a Ewing addition post-hickman.