Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    There's nothing wrong about this. Cable is Cyclop's son so he is two generation below Logan.

Logan could be considered Cyclop's uncle.
    Right. In some cultures, the young call their elders "uncle"…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

While I know that folks tend to be pretty darn serious about their "X" IP...

Was I the only one that thought back to the "Dragonfly Jones..." running bit from the television series Martin?

It was right down to throwing "Dojo" in...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That Cable was also an older and more experienced version of Cable while this one is nowhere near that level and has been treated like an idiot since DoX aside from Fallen Angels.
    This Cable still killed that version of Cable, kidnapped the O5 and resurrected Cyclops. He's less experienced but he's still pretty good.

Also, it's an introduction scene meant to show what Cable can do to the reader. Some of you guys are taking it waaay too seriously. It was just a sparring.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I am not sold yet on the art to be honest. But I am growing to like Kid-Cable actually a bit more now.

Cool to see Gordon and Callisto there. Hope they are there as supporting cast. I think we saw pixie also on one of the covers. Wonder who else are part of the supporting cast.

Or thy might just be cameos, or guest stars, like Logan is.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I am not sold yet on the art to be honest. But I am growing to like Kid-Cable actually a bit more now.

Cool to see Gordon and Callisto there. Hope they are there as supporting cast. I think we saw pixie also on one of the covers. Wonder who else are part of the supporting cast.

Or thy might just be cameos, or guest stars, like Logan is.
    I hope we see the New X-Men generation being used here, since it's the one generation that it's not really being used in other books outside of Armor. Pixie, Armor and the Cuckoos are confirmed as supporting cast, I think.

Yer only honkin' me off, kid! You apple sauce lickin' corn on the cob! No malarkey!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I like Noto's art so I'll give #1 a try. The fight was pretty poorly written imo. All of a sudden Logan is a turtle who can't get up off his back? The guy has a degree of superhuman strength he would've chucked wifi out of the arena.
    It's not that Logan is unable to get up off his back. Nate is holding Logan down with his TK. In the top 2 panels of the last page, there's a pink aura coming from Nate's head and it's also outlining Logan. I didn't notice it either until another poster pointed it out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It's not that Logan is unable to get up off his back. Nate is holding Logan down with his TK. In the top 2 panels of the last page, there's a pink aura coming from Nate's head and it's also outlining Logan. I didn't notice it either until another poster pointed it out.

Perhaps there's a problem with colour on different devices ? On mine the pink is very obvious.

Could I just mention that I am still none the wiser regarding worfing and wifi ?

What a preview! Oh man,..... Wifi is such a badass, LOL. Handsome, smart, he even beat Wolverine (wake up call: this is not special nowerdays, at least when you introduce a new badass)...wow! The man is full of himself!

Seriously:
    I am not mad, ...but sorry, using Wolverine this way is just lame. It is not even funny, it is just boring.
    Lost me directly with the preview! Not worth my time and money... this book goes directly to my ignore list. Have no interest in the younger mutants, this book is clearly not for me.( I loved Hickmann's New Mutants space adventure, tho.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Cable beat, like, all of the Avengers in five minutes. He can beat a cantankerous Canadian sex dwarf with metal poisoning.
    Didnt Laura beat cable ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Didnt Laura beat cable ?
    Yes, she did in a sparring match in Fallen Angel's #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    "Bringing a #@$% human idea like that into our dojo?"

You know, I was ok with some of the language and notions around humans now that they have Krakoa. But Wolverine saying this? I'm out. I can't be on board with it. I don't doubt Wolverine would have a retort, but to make the phrase "timeout" a la Zack Morris a **** human thing? That's just idiotic.
    Is so stupid, the Coliseum arena is also a human idea, what are you gonna do, debate ?? Art battle with your powers ??

Logan please, dont fight when you are drunk.

That was a way of telling Cable that mutants don't quit or call for timeouts. Look at the Crucible.

You guys are being a bit too pressed about the Wolverine losing thing. It was a sparring match, it's not like Wolverine couldn't defeat Cable in a real fight (he even asks him not to kill him at the end). And Wolverine has got no psychic powers so how was he going to react to being held down by TK?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    That was a way of telling Cable that mutants don't quit or call for timeouts. Look at the Crucible.

You guys are being a bit too pressed about the Wolverine losing thing. It was a sparring match, it's not like Wolverine couldn't defeat Cable in a real fight (he even asks him not to kill him at the end). And Wolverine has got no psychic powers so how was he going to react to being held down by TK?
    He could have said that, Mutants dont have time outs, is perfect and symbolic.

Bring a human idea...is not even racist or supremacist, it sounds retard for me.

About cable, i recognize that im biased towards the character. Every other TP holding Wolverine, i probably would not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Oh, I do not mind Logan losing a fight! I am only bored that he is used again in such a context. And I am not interested in books using him this way or having him all grrr and stupid in an guest appearance, because we have plenty of it, so I am not buying this books.