Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You mean Wolverine change his views? Unlikely
    The X-men live in a universe where super science, and mind control are as common to them as going to the grocery store is for us. Anyone who can reach Xavier will make Logan's mind a plaything.

This thing of "off-panel" shouldn't be used as justification of bad characterization.
    Logan is really old so he knos the worse and the best of humanity to talk about it

it shows that the writer doesn't care about characterizations
    This is speculation, of course. It's not like the writers have been subtle about the mutant supremacy being a new thing to the X-men. What happened in the transition and why was that not shown?

This thing of "off-panel" shouldn't be used as justification of bad characterization.
    Logan is really old so he knos the worse and the best of humanity to talk about it

Orrrr he was just talking shit...damn.
    Humans cool with almost wiping out mutants, or curing them etc....and they deserve to be shown with 'compassion and nuance'
    Wolverine says something a lil provocative, and decidedly not pro human in the middle of sparring with a cocky kid, in front of a buncha pro mutant mutants. likely to get in his head and suddenly he's....
    Been Brainwashed!
    Written Wrongly!
    Really Racist!

Cheez Louis!
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

LOL Logan's casual/slopeness for the fight has grown so much all over the place in the first place is what makes writers to indolent his narrative in whichever they want but fans who read his comics don't care for this no matter if the writers jobs him more than they write him with some decent fighting style.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    The X-men live in a universe where super science, and mind control are as common to them as going to the grocery store is for us. Anyone who can reach Xavier will make Logan's mind a plaything.
    Logan has some resistence to mind control, as ororo also have. someone would notice Logan acting different

This is speculation, of course. It's not like the writers have been subtle about the mutant supremacy being a new thing to the X-men. What happened in the transition and why was that not shown?
    It is very on the nose, but it is a huge plot point on x-force and Wolverine that Logan isn't a mutant supremacist and has doubts about Krakoa system

Well the transition is a mistery, but thee is many reasons to not be shown

BANNED

Logan never was a supremacist and that is part of his characterization and it's is a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Humans cool with almost wiping out mutants, or curing them etc....and they deserve to be shown with 'compassion and nuance'
    Wolverine says something a lil provocative, and decidedly not pro human in the middle of sparring with a cocky kid, in front of a buncha pro mutant mutants. likely to get in his head and suddenly he's....
    Been Brainwashed!
    Written Wrongly!
    Really Racist!

Cheez Louis!
    Yes. There's a bit too much seriousness in this thread. That's a fun sparring and there's been waaay too much reading into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    LOL Logan's casual/slopeness for the fight has grown so much all over the place in the first place is what makes writers to indolent his narrative in whichever they want but fans who read his comics don't care for this no matter if the writers jobs him more than they write him with some decent fighting style.
    Either it's sloppy storytelling or it's a hint. If it were a hint, someone would have notice it and underline it for the reader not to miss it.

So, sloppy storytelling for me.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Been Brainwashed!
    Written Wrongly!
    Really Racist!

Cheez Louis!
    If his opponent was human, then that would totally make sense as he's using the language to illicit a response and throw his opponent off guard. But his opponent is Kid Cable. Who technically wouldn't really even know that phrase until recently since it was not something they said in the future. So it just comes off supremacist with no rationale.

And as another poster said, why the "witness mutant supremacy" if both opponents are mutants. It's too heavy handed with this pro-mutant stuff.

Logan never was a supremacist and that is part of his characterization and it's is a fact.
    100%

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    So what’s your take on the flavor of the month beats Wolverine in combat? Annoying trope or well executed? You know I got to critique the preview through this Logan related filter lol.
    This is not even a trope right now. It's becoming indolent for writers to make him look insufferable in front of his fans. When was last time he used his skills against characters? Aaron?
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-06-2020 at 07:31 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Either it's sloppy storytelling or it's a hint. If it were a hint, someone would have notice it and underline it for the reader not to miss it.

So, sloppy storytelling for me.
    There is no such hint. It's becoming ceaselessly insufferable for fans to see the character jobbing frequently. A character who has been a protagonist of his own solo for like 30 years. It's worse than villains.

Been Brainwashed!
    Written Wrongly!
    Really Racist!

Cheez Louis!
    Making excuses to what is likely sloppy writing, err okay, to each its own.

I know right? I'd rather not bury my head in the sand when it comes to this either.

Exactly. Too much bending over backward to excuse sloppy writing in this thread.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Perhaps there's a problem with colour on different devices ? On mine the pink is very obvious.

Could I just mention that I am still none the wiser regarding worfing and wifi ?
    Worfing refers to a trope common in Star Trek The Next Generation, where (and just going to overexplain it just in case) the character Worf, a member of the Klingon species who are fierce, strong warriors, is often shown to be defeated easily in order to make the antagonists of the episode look tough and then the weaker, main characters find a way to defeat them.

tl:dr; tough character is shown to be easily beaten to make someone else look tougher

Wifi is a nickname fans/readers came up to describe this younger version of Cable to differentiate him (similar to nicknames given to the teen version of the original X-Men brought to the present in Bendis' run). The joke is that is is a play on wi-fi and cable, as in network/communications connections.

this i smoira under the shadow king influence

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel909 View Post
    Perhaps there's a problem with colour on different devices ? On mine the pink is very obvious.

Could I just mention that I am still none the wiser regarding worfing and wifi ?
    WiFi is the board’s nickname for teen cable and wording refers to a trope called the Worf Effect. t’s when writers have a new character beat an established ‘tough’ character to show how strong the new character is. Worf was a character from Star Trek:TheNext Generation, who that kind of thing happened to a lot. The intended effect is for the audience to see it and yes, wow, this new guy must be tough, he could beat Worf (Wolverine, in this case.) But often, people just get annoyed instead.

I’ve decided I’m going to give WiFi a chance. His “nephew” like relationship with Logan could be interesting. I enjoyed when Logan took Cannonball under his wing in the 90s. This could be similar, but with Cable being even more headstrong. The issue where Sam gets wasted and tries to fight Juggernaut in the bar, and Logan shows up to bail him out of trouble was classic. I’d like to see drunk off his ass WiFi at some point.