Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flash #750 discussion/spoilers.

Didn’t see a thread for this momentous issue.

Thought it was pretty good. Nice to see a new major threat that wasn’t an evil speedster. Makes sense for a Flash villain to be someone who will make Barry deal with the ramifications of his traveling to different dimensions and changing the timeline. That’s a huge aspect of the Flash and something that we’ve seen cause a lot of problems in recent years. My only issue with Paradox so far is he looks waaaaay too much like Darkseid. I like the huge frame and the cape but they could have made his face more unique.

Liked Johns coming back to write his pal Captain Cold. A short story that epitomizes the blue collar super villain.

The Speed Mind trick is something I haven’t seen Barry do before. Pretty cool. Always love the alternate reality takes on DC heroes.

Glad Jay got a story in this issue.

Wally’s journey is interesting. Even someone with the power of a god can’t make sense of DC continuity.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

A very good issue, The story of Captain Cold really really feels relatable,
    But I don't understand why paradox blaming Barry for COIE, I mean Barry didn't do anything wrong in that story, It was anti-monitor's doing that resulted timeline's change
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

I wonder what the two suprises Iris mentioned are?

Could she be pregnant! Could we see Barry with weans!

I like the Tornado Twins so could be cool to see them born.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyuiop1998 View Post
    But I don't understand why paradox blaming Barry for COIE, I mean Barry didn't do anything wrong in that story, It was anti-monitor's doing that resulted timeline's change
    An argument could be made that Barry's first, Pre-COIE breaching of the vibrational barrier from Earth-One to Earth-Two in "Flash of Two Worlds" destabilized the Multiverse and got the ball rolling.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 03-06-2020 at 02:00 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Always Rakzo

I was going to create this thread but I didn't have much time left this week.

Anyway, I really digged this and as far as Anniversary issues go, I would say that this is one of most successful recently. Williamson continues to deliver solid Flash stories, Johns returns showing how much of an everyman Captain Cold to the point of being overstimated by Wally, Lobdell surprised me the most here with an interesting take of the changes in continuity and it makes sense that he should tackle the New 52 era considering his big role there, I didn't care for Wolfman's story that much but it was fine.

Wish more specials were like this.

Warren Ellis recently announced that the planned WildCATS series for his Wildstorm universe has been cancelled. In Flash 750 one of the images Wally sees are Wildstorm characters. Now that Jim Lee is the lone publisher, seems like he may be giving his old characters another shot in the DCU.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Warren Ellis recently announced that the planned WildCATS series for his Wildstorm universe has been cancelled. In Flash 750 one of the images Wally sees are Wildstorm characters. Now that Jim Lee is the lone publisher, seems like he may be giving his old characters another shot in the DCU.
    Or it may be the other way around. With Didio gone, they seem to be changing things on the fly. So who knows how much of what we saw will even still be canon in a year.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Or it may be the other way around. With Didio gone, they seem to be changing things on the fly. So who knows how much of what we saw will even still be canon in a year.
    True. That issue was probably finished long before Didio got fired.

Purchased the Jay cover and mainly for the Jay story, as he is my favorite Flash. I was not disappointed and that one story was worth the price. The rest of the stories were a solid, “meh” for me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I was bonkers in love with this whole issue. It made me wish there were 3 or 4 different Flash comics coming out every month.

Astonishing Member

I was surprised by Reverse-Flash's brief appearance in the Jay Garrick story, trying to sow seeds of doubt. We saw something similar in Flash #9 with Barry, on a more extreme level. And the plot point of who murdered August's brother came up again in the main story.

My guess is that Reverse-Flash has been travelling through time, creating and/or ruining the lives of speedsters. He murdered Barry's mother, he ruined Zolomon's life, my guess is he murdered August's brother too, leading to him becoming Godspeed. There was that kid in the Flash: Rebirth one-shot whose mother was murdered by "a monster". The kid's father confessed, but we saw Reverse-Flash on the scene. Is Thawne trying to turn this kid into an evil speedster too? Was this kid destined to be the next Flash?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder what the two suprises Iris mentioned are?

Could she be pregnant! Could we see Barry with weans!

I like the Tornado Twins so could be cool to see them born.
    Careful what you wish for!
    The Tornado Twins are in the latest Flash solicitations!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

When are they going to acknowledge Barry and Iris being married, or have they because I stopped reading for about a year up until 750?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This was the best issue of the Flash in a very long time. My favorite stories were the first story, the Jay Garrick story, and the Wally West story. The Captain Cold story was fun as well. It was great to see so many villains used unlike the recent Wonder Woman issue where very few of her villains were utilized.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    When are they going to acknowledge Barry and Iris being married, or have they because I stopped reading for about a year up until 750?
    They aren't married.