Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superman and Clark Kent hair

How do you like it? Which style has been your favorite?

Typically, Superman and Clark Kent have a different hair style, and I really like it. It helps to make them look different.

I also like some kind of spit curl on Superman's forehead, but prefer it when it looks more natural. No doubt it has become an iconic part of Superman's hair and look.

One funny thing I thought about Lois & Clark was that they did the opposite with the hair that the Reeve Superman movies did: Cain had floppier (though not quite "floppy") hair as DP reporter Clark Kent, but wore a helluva lot of gel as Superman.

I also thought it was really silly during Supermullet days that Clark Kent had a ponytail, but I guess with his longer hair they had to do something to distinguish the two different looks. In general, I think it's important that they don't have the exact same hairstyle.

Since casual fans complain too much that Clark Kent's only disguise was wearing a pair of glasses, I wouldn't mind if he also wore a wig or fake mustache/beard once in a while.

In my head, Superman's hair is wavy and wind swept (and if I could write it so a breeze was always swirling around it, even when there's no wind, I would) and is so black it's nearly blue; the very definition of "intentionally messy and fabulous." He probably makes it onto a lot of "best hair" lists.

Clark Kent's hair is straight, limp and lank, and a dark but dull brown. It hangs lifelessly over his forehead. For Clark, a good hair day is never.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I was intrigued that in Batman v Superman, Clark's hair was more full-bodied and Superman's was slicked back. I wonder if they were making a Lois and Clark reference.

Personally, I'm pretty much prepared to accept whatever hairdo the artists are willing to give our boy C/K. I like a lot of the different looks - including George Reeves' classic "Complete Lack of Any Distinction" cut.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Despite being arguably my favorite artist I think Mahnke makes his hair either too slick or too spiky. Looks like he uses gel. Bog and Kane have done the best slick locks across various lengths.

Garcia Lopez does the best S curl. Bob McLeod did the texture well imo. It looked soft with curls.

The difference between Clark and Superman? The inversion is a neat trick but Superman's should always look less controlled. Reeve was pretty perfect for live action.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

yeah Reeve and Routh's Superman hair was too stiff! I mean, Superman is a man of action, his hair should reflect that.

Ascended, I'd love it if you guys show pictures of a great Superman hair, and your ideal Clark hair.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Ascended, I'd love it if you guys show pictures of a great Superman hair, and your ideal Clark hair.
    Ha! Well, if I can find an extra twenty minutes sometime I'll try to do a quick sketch to express what I'm saying.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Retired

Superman:

Clark Kent:

So instead of studying for a midterm I decided to do this instead. Just a quick sketch. Last time I tried to link an image here it came out pretty small, so....fair warning.

ClarkSuperman McArthur.jpg

So this is kinda how I see Clark and Superman.

This is them both laughing at the same joke, just to kind of express how I think their facial expressions would differ.

How is Clark able to change so much about himself? He'll never tell!
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-08-2020 at 06:42 PM.

~ Black Panther.

Ha, thanks for sharing. I see exactly why Kent gets ignored. It's mean but he's just so avoidable.

I just realized that I drew Clark looking like a nice Otto Octavius.

Huh, you know I don't think I've ever actually drawn Clark Kent before. Superman, dozens of times, but never Clark.

But yeah, going for a socially invisible thing.

~ Black Panther.

Recently, I was wondering whether Clark should go back to wearing a fedora or something.

Superman should definitely have tousled hair - it may 'settle' during a JLA meeting or something, but when people first see him (or are saved by him) it should look somewhat disheveled at least (I think it adds to the image of him always being 'on-the-go').

Going back to the fedora, perhaps Clark has 'hat hair' when he's at the office (I know, it doesn't apply currently) or a press conference, and a more slick look when he's part of the Planet's table at an award ceremony (that he turned up late to (which, again, doesn't currently apply)).

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

I liked the difference in All Star Superman

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I liked the difference in All Star Superman
    Curt Swan did it first.

In practice Swan could vary a good deal, but his design and storytelling abilities are so underrated. My favorite looks are actually Klar Ken and the early seventies comb over.