Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So instead of studying for a midterm I decided to do this instead. Just a quick sketch. Last time I tried to link an image here it came out pretty small, so....fair warning.

Attachment 94202

So this is kinda how I see Clark and Superman.

This is them both laughing at the same joke, just to kind of express how I think their facial expressions would differ.

How is Clark able to change so much about himself? He'll never tell!

Yeah, I like it. I think both Routh and Cain had a similar hair style as Clark. My favorite was Routh's.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-09-2020 at 10:58 PM.

I liked Cavill's hair for Superman here,

Lots of great thoughts here.

I'm absolutely in agreement with what seems to be the general consensus: Clark's is slicked back, Superman's is wind-swept. I mean, it'd have to be - he flies! Gel isn't going to hold that! lol!

Some self-done examples (still working on how to get "wind-swept" to hang in a comic-accurate way, lol)
    Clark-hair.jpgSuper-hair.jpgdcavatar.jpg
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Incredible Member

I would go with how both John Bryne and Jerry Ordway did, as Clark he'd have slicked back hair and as Superman it was slightly wavy not as poofy but still masculine.

You know, a lot of us are going to have quarantine mullets not too dissimilar to what Superman was sporting in "Return."

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    You know, a lot of us are going to have quarantine mullets not too dissimilar to what Superman was sporting in "Return."
    LOL - Truth!

We just have to remember to shave: if we're going for accuracy, we can have long hair.... but not a beard, for some reason, lol!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Eh? What about the black suit pre-Flashpoint Clark had before Rebirth? He had a beard then. Lasered it off using his heat vision when he became the main Superman again after New 52 Superman's demise.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Retired

I'm growing out my quarantine hair, but not my quarantine beard. From past experience, I know what a nightmare it is to shave off a beard if it's been growing out for a few weeks. If it's a problem for me, I can imagine it's much worse for Superman.

Well, I have...what do they call it...a undercut? Fade? I dunno. It's one of those Viking style cuts where it's long on top and shaved on the sides. So that's easy to maintain if my barber stays closed a while. I got an electric razor and a wife who can help with the back of my head. My only concern will be split ends if the pandemic lasts a while.

But I'm not letting my beard get any longer than it already is.

I don't look much like a Superman. Maybe a biker. But not Superman.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Eh? What about the black suit pre-Flashpoint Clark had before Rebirth? He had a beard then. Lasered it off using his heat vision when he became the main Superman again after New 52 Superman's demise.
    He did, but he didn't have long hair then. In "Exile," he also had a beard, but no long hair.

That seems to be the rule: that he can have one or the other, but not both. lol

(except for "Superman: At Earth's End," but I'm speaking canonically here.)
    Last edited by JAK; 03-31-2020 at 09:14 PM.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

I love his Superman hair here.

And Superman's hair should be pretty dark too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    He did, but he didn't have long hair then. In "Exile," he also had a beard, but no long hair.

I'd love to get the beard back.

Don't want or need the long hair but a bearded Superman is amazing. I was sad when Pak got rid of it after Doomed or whatever story it was, but the way they got rid of it was so great I couldn't be mad. That Bizarro one off was such fun.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post

Hmmm, I thought Superman's hair was longer in "Exile," just not like shoulder-length or anything like that. I looked back at Action Comics #300, and while they didn't draw his hair long, he does mention needing to cut while he's still under the red sun. And then there's the JL episode "Hereafter" where he's got the beard, his hair is longer, he's swinging a hammer like Thor, and they intentionally or unintentionally throw in a vague Jesus reference.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Hmmm, I thought Superman's hair was longer in "Exile," just not like shoulder-length or anything like that. I looked back at Action Comics #300, and while they didn't draw his hair long, he does mention needing to cut while he's still under the red sun. And then there's the JL episode "Hereafter" where he's got the beard, his hair is longer, he's swinging a hammer like Thor, and they intentionally or unintentionally throw in a vague Jesus reference.
    Yeah, I forgot about him mentioning having to cut it - I just remembered looking at it then and then with Return and thinking "that's odd/hilarious". lol

Good point on JL, though. I was speaking more comics-canon, but that does indeed have both!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd love to get the beard back.

Don't want or need the long hair but a bearded Superman is amazing. I was sad when Pak got rid of it after Doomed or whatever story it was, but the way they got rid of it was so great I couldn't be mad. That Bizarro one off was such fun.
    I'll have to check that out - I wasn't reading at the time, and I haven't yet started reading through the New52 yet (past the Morrison arc, of course), but I plan to.
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Nope, its all the glasses:

I just love Ma & Pa Kents expression (near the end; third minute)