Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Incredible Member SuperCrab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    900

    Default Will We Ever See Lana Lang as Superwoman Again?

    It's canon that Lana Lang was Superwoman in both the Rebirth and Reborn continuity. However, she isn't currently Superwoman in the main universe as far as I know.

    Is there any chance we'll see her again as Superwoman at some point? That's an open-ended question that doesn't necessarily mean she'd have to have her own book again (Though that would certainly qualify!)- I would also count an in-costume guest appearance in any DC Comics title like a team up with Superman for a issue or two, or even a small cameo like Superman walks into the Hall of Justice and passes her in her costume and says "Hi Lana. Good to see you back in the fight." as he walks by. You know, anything that clearly depicts her as a superhero in the present tense, large or small.

    I wonder if that concept of her has been more or less permanently squashed, or if it's something that will pop up again eventually.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Incredible Member The_Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    It's canon that Lana Lang was Superwoman in both the Rebirth and Reborn continuity. However, she isn't currently Superwoman in the main universe as far as I know.

    Is there any chance we'll see her again as Superwoman at some point? That's an open-ended question that doesn't necessarily mean she'd have to have her own book again (Though that would certainly qualify!)- I would also count an in-costume guest appearance in any DC Comics title like a team up with Superman for a issue or two, or even a small cameo like Superman walks into the Hall of Justice and passes her in her costume and says "Hi Lana. Good to see you back in the fight." as he walks by. You know, anything that clearly depicts her as a superhero in the present tense, large or small.

    I wonder if that concept of her has been more or less permanently squashed, or if it's something that will pop up again eventually.
    I'd love that. It could probably explained by Midnight not being completely destroyed but actually having been evolved and X time later being able to reignite LLs powers or something like that. Was confusing anyway reading the end of her run and then later starting to read METAL and having Superwoman swooping in in a scene fighting the Doomsbatmanday thingy with Supergirl.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up. I

    f having Lex as a genius from Clark's hometown is considered unlikely, then having Clark's first girlfriend from the same town be anyone out of the ordinary seems just as bad. So no Super-Lana. No world famous engineer Lana. No Lane & Kent level reporter Lana. Just "Hey I dated Superman before he was famous" Lana who's down-to-Earth.

    She can be involved with Steel, married to Pete, or just be on her own. But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.

  4. #4
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,022

    Default

    I doubt it. Post-Crisis has always never really been sure on what to do with the character and she just bounces around between concept to concept. Lana's a character I'd really say is more a pre-crisis character lost in a post-crisis world makes sense they don't really know what to do with here.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up. I

    f having Lex as a genius from Clark's hometown is considered unlikely, then having Clark's first girlfriend from the same town be anyone out of the ordinary seems just as bad. So no Super-Lana. No world famous engineer Lana. No Lane & Kent level reporter Lana. Just "Hey I dated Superman before he was famous" Lana who's down-to-Earth.

    She can be involved with Steel, married to Pete, or just be on her own. But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.
    The issue with Lex being from Smallville isn't that it was too unlikely (smart people can come from anywhere) it's that it made no sense how he didn't recognize Clark as Superman. Being ordinary and an accomplished engineer are not mutually exclusive.

  6. #6
    Incredible Member The_Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    .
    But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.
    ...again? *groan*

    I'm a soft cover trade reader so I lag behind about a year :/

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,058

    Default

    Doubtful anytime soon as Bendis has her firmly in the reporter role, but i guess a alternate universe apperance is possible.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up.
    Does this mean you'd rather have Lucy Lane as Superwoman?

  9. #9
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    237

    Default

    I hope so! and give Lucy Lane something to do, or make her Superwoman´s legacy.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I hope so! and give Lucy Lane something to do, or make her Superwoman´s legacy.
    She was the evil one. Not sure about the legacy thing. A fist fight between Lucy and Lois might be fun. They've had choice words when talking to each other in the past. She might make a nice recurring antagonist.

  11. #11
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    25,846

    Default

    Reborn didn't eliminate Superwoman because the title was still running at the time. However, it was severely derailed as her origin story was destroyed. No surprise that she ended the series depowered.

    Since Superwoman hasn't been used since (Natasha Irons, who was a part of that book's supporting cast, never mentioned it in Titans for example), I'm pretty sure Bendis is treating it as having never happened.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,565

    Default

    does the current continuity have Lucy as having ever been Superwoman? I just realized that might have gotten erased.

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,108

    Default

    I wouldn't really count on it, but then again you never can say never. Who knows if some creator some day hops on and liked the idea and wanted to explore it again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "“Your boos mean nothing, I’ve seen what makes you cheer!”

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Does this mean you'd rather have Lucy Lane as Superwoman?
    Nope.

    No Lucy!
    No Lois!
    No Lana!
    Not a gender-switch on Kal or Kon or Jon.
    Not even Kara.
    I'd accept Diana if it's the Crime Syndicate version.
    Otherwise give me a Superwoman who is a character I've never seen before.

  15. #15
    Astonishing Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up. I

    f having Lex as a genius from Clark's hometown is considered unlikely, then having Clark's first girlfriend from the same town be anyone out of the ordinary seems just as bad. So no Super-Lana. No world famous engineer Lana. No Lane & Kent level reporter Lana. Just "Hey I dated Superman before he was famous" Lana who's down-to-Earth.

    She can be involved with Steel, married to Pete, or just be on her own. But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.
    I don't see the problem with her being an engineer
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nontheless):
    DC: Green Lantern, Red Hood, Far Sector, The Other History of the DC Universe, Truth and Justice
    Marvel: HiXmen, Miles Morales: Spider-Man, Immortal Hulk, Daredevil
    LionForge: Noble, Astonisher
    Image: Killadelphia, Bitter Root, Excellence
    IDW: TMNT: The Last Ronin
    Other: XOGeneSYS, Clock Striker, Is'Nana The Were-Spider, Yohance, EXO Wale Williams

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •