Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will We Ever See Lana Lang as Superwoman Again?

It's canon that Lana Lang was Superwoman in both the Rebirth and Reborn continuity. However, she isn't currently Superwoman in the main universe as far as I know.

Is there any chance we'll see her again as Superwoman at some point? That's an open-ended question that doesn't necessarily mean she'd have to have her own book again (Though that would certainly qualify!)- I would also count an in-costume guest appearance in any DC Comics title like a team up with Superman for a issue or two, or even a small cameo like Superman walks into the Hall of Justice and passes her in her costume and says "Hi Lana. Good to see you back in the fight." as he walks by. You know, anything that clearly depicts her as a superhero in the present tense, large or small.

I wonder if that concept of her has been more or less permanently squashed, or if it's something that will pop up again eventually.
    Last edited by SuperCrab; 03-06-2020 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    It's canon that Lana Lang was Superwoman in both the Rebirth and Reborn continuity. However, she isn't currently Superwoman in the main universe as far as I know.

Is there any chance we'll see her again as Superwoman at some point? That's an open-ended question that doesn't necessarily mean she'd have to have her own book again (Though that would certainly qualify!)- I would also count an in-costume guest appearance in any DC Comics title like a team up with Superman for a issue or two, or even a small cameo like Superman walks into the Hall of Justice and passes her in her costume and says "Hi Lana. Good to see you back in the fight." as he walks by. You know, anything that clearly depicts her as a superhero in the present tense, large or small.

I wonder if that concept of her has been more or less permanently squashed, or if it's something that will pop up again eventually.
    I'd love that. It could probably explained by Midnight not being completely destroyed but actually having been evolved and X time later being able to reignite LLs powers or something like that. Was confusing anyway reading the end of her run and then later starting to read METAL and having Superwoman swooping in in a scene fighting the Doomsbatmanday thingy with Supergirl.

Astonishing Member

I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up. I

f having Lex as a genius from Clark's hometown is considered unlikely, then having Clark's first girlfriend from the same town be anyone out of the ordinary seems just as bad. So no Super-Lana. No world famous engineer Lana. No Lane & Kent level reporter Lana. Just "Hey I dated Superman before he was famous" Lana who's down-to-Earth.

She can be involved with Steel, married to Pete, or just be on her own. But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.

Astonishing Member

I doubt it. Post-Crisis has always never really been sure on what to do with the character and she just bounces around between concept to concept. Lana's a character I'd really say is more a pre-crisis character lost in a post-crisis world makes sense they don't really know what to do with here.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up. I

f having Lex as a genius from Clark's hometown is considered unlikely, then having Clark's first girlfriend from the same town be anyone out of the ordinary seems just as bad. So no Super-Lana. No world famous engineer Lana. No Lane & Kent level reporter Lana. Just "Hey I dated Superman before he was famous" Lana who's down-to-Earth.

She can be involved with Steel, married to Pete, or just be on her own. But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.
    The issue with Lex being from Smallville isn't that it was too unlikely (smart people can come from anywhere) it's that it made no sense how he didn't recognize Clark as Superman. Being ordinary and an accomplished engineer are not mutually exclusive.

But please, after this secret ID reveal, leave us some people in Clark's life that don't have natural ties to his hero adventures.
    ...again? *groan*

I'm a soft cover trade reader so I lag behind about a year :/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Doubtful anytime soon as Bendis has her firmly in the reporter role, but i guess a alternate universe apperance is possible.

I'd rather we get a Superwoman who isn't a current member of Superman's supporting cast. So I'd rather Lana be just a human woman who Clark knew growing up.
    Does this mean you'd rather have Lucy Lane as Superwoman?

BANNED

I hope so! and give Lucy Lane something to do, or make her Superwoman´s legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    I hope so! and give Lucy Lane something to do, or make her Superwoman´s legacy.
    She was the evil one. Not sure about the legacy thing. A fist fight between Lucy and Lois might be fun. They've had choice words when talking to each other in the past. She might make a nice recurring antagonist.

Reborn didn't eliminate Superwoman because the title was still running at the time. However, it was severely derailed as her origin story was destroyed. No surprise that she ended the series depowered.

Since Superwoman hasn't been used since (Natasha Irons, who was a part of that book's supporting cast, never mentioned it in Titans for example), I'm pretty sure Bendis is treating it as having never happened.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

does the current continuity have Lucy as having ever been Superwoman? I just realized that might have gotten erased.

I wouldn't really count on it, but then again you never can say never. Who knows if some creator some day hops on and liked the idea and wanted to explore it again.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Does this mean you'd rather have Lucy Lane as Superwoman?
    Nope.

No Lucy!
    No Lois!
    No Lana!
    Not a gender-switch on Kal or Kon or Jon.
    Not even Kara.
    I'd accept Diana if it's the Crime Syndicate version.
    Otherwise give me a Superwoman who is a character I've never seen before.

I don't see the problem with her being an engineer
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8