Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I love The Crime Syndicate Superwoman!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I don't see the problem with her being an engineer
    A regular run of the mill engineer, I agree.

It's when you have her as an engineer on the level of Steel or one who has a bunch of fantastical adventures based solely off her abilities as an engineer that I'm opposed. I'm just not a fan of superhero supporting cast members who o-incidentally are part of the top 100 people in their field- unless being that talented is how they became supporting cast members. I expect the JLA has support staff who are top of their fields. But I prefer Clark's social circle (as opposed to Superman's) to be closer to the 5,257th best engineer or "that girl on TV who is pretty and can read the tele-prompter but has no nose for news".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Reborn didn't eliminate Superwoman because the title was still running at the time. However, it was severely derailed as her origin story was destroyed. No surprise that she ended the series depowered.

Since Superwoman hasn't been used since (Natasha Irons, who was a part of that book's supporting cast, never mentioned it in Titans for example), I'm pretty sure Bendis is treating it as having never happened.
    Yeah; it was pretty painful to read. In one issue she finally finished her origin and was ready for the future and the very next came the reset button. If Reborn itself at least would had been good... *sigh* I think I'd still scorn it for nuking Superwoman. Right now we are down to Wonder Woman and Supergirl. DC has a severe lack of an ongoing female cosmic capable heroine & SW was really good at filling a gap of being more involved with cosmic sciency stuff than Wonder Woman and more mature than Supergirl.

Maybe there is something to these red head conspiracies that occasionally pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Nope.

No Lucy!
    No Lois!
    No Lana!
    Not a gender-switch on Kal or Kon or Jon.
    Not even Kara.
    I'd accept Diana if it's the Crime Syndicate version.
    Otherwise give me a Superwoman who is a character I've never seen before.
    How about Kristin Wells?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    How about Kristin Wells?
    Pre-Crisis I liked her as she wasn't an established character (outside of 2 prior appearances) taking over the role.

Post-Crisis I'd rather see a new character given the title rather than reviving Kristen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Pre-Crisis I liked her as she wasn't an established character (outside of 2 prior appearances) taking over the role.

Post-Crisis I'd rather see a new character given the title rather than reviving Kristen.
    Why not reviving her? I would like to see her as Superwoman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Why not reviving her? I would like to see her as Superwoman.
    I'd rather see a new character. It's hard enough keeping straight the main characters who are variations in multiple continuities. My little brain can't deal with Pre/Post/2020 Kristen "Superwoman" Wells.

I want a Superwoman who is closer to what Jules Schwartz did. If Kristen or Lana was Jay Garrick or Alan Scott, then I want someone to come up with a Barry Allen or Hal Jordan for the character.

Extraordinary Member

As I've said before, I'd love to see Linda come back and be given the Superwoman name.

DC Comics doesn't even know what to do with Supergirl. They keep cancelling her book. And Power Girl is even worse off. I can't see why Superwoman would fare any better.
    What could they do with Superwoman they can't do with Supergirl or Power Girl?