Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sif & The Warriors Three (MCU) Vs Buffy, Faith, Angel & Spike (Buffyverse TV)

MCU Asgardians are a little out of the Buffyverse quartet's paygrade without a little boost for them all, so these are the circumstances re: Buffy, Faith, Angel and Spike.

- Buffy has Olaf the Troll's hammer.
    - Faith has the Slayer Scythe.
    - Angel has a broadsword and is juiced up on Marcus Hamilton's blood.
    - Spike has a broadsword and is juiced up on Marcus Hamilton's blood.

Sif and the Warriors Three have their regular gear and weapons.

How goes it?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Can...can the Asgardians actually put Angel down? Sans head chop, he’s....freakishly durable. Like ‘falling more than twenty stories and face planting’ durable (ten counted sure, but he survived).

I mean they are skilled enough (or at least Sif is) to head chop, but is it common knowledge that Angel/Spike are vampires outside their respective circles?

Not denying Sif at least is physically stronger (Van kick and all), but the vamps are stupidly durable.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 03-07-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Can...can the Asgardians actually put Angel down? Sans head chop, he’s....freakishly durable. Like ‘falling more than twenty stories and face planting’ durable (ten counted sure, but he survived).

I mean they are skilled enough (or at least Sif is) to head chop, but is it common knowledge that Angel/Spike are vampires outside their respective circles?

Not denying Sif at least is physically stronger (Van kick and all), but the vamps are stupidly durable.
    Given that the Asgardians are as strong and skilled as they are, and that 3 out or 4 use edged weapons, I'd guess that, if the vamp in question stayed standing when having an arm removed, they would keep hacking pieces off until the vamp didn't get back up.

I'd say that the Asgardians still have thier skill, strength and durability edges - plus Asgardian metal is much more cutty than Earth metal, given what it does to, you know, Asgardians. I don't recall exactly what Marcus' blood will do for the vamps. If it's not a pretty impressive boost, this is the Asgardians fight to lose.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Marcus blood put Angel on a level above Marcus, who was previously strong enough to beat Illyria and Angel at different times rather handily (Connor too IIRC).
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It doesn't seem like Team Buffyverse, even with their upgrades, has a shot at winning this. Lady Sif and the Warriors Three have too much raw strength and durability for the Buffyverse combatants to overcome. I think the only chance Team Buffyverse has is if Angel or Spike bite an Asgardian. Doing so would drain the Asgardian while simultaneously making the vampire exponentially stronger. Of course, that's assuming the vampires are strong enough to penetrate the Asgardians' skin.

Marcus blood put Angel on a level above Marcus, who was previously strong enough to beat Illyria and Angel at different times rather handily (Connor too IIRC).
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    It doesn't seem like Team Buffyverse, even with their upgrades, has a shot at winning this. Lady Sif and the Warriors Three have too much raw strength and durability for the Buffyverse combatants to overcome. I think the only chance Team Buffyverse has is if Angel or Spike bite an Asgardian. Doing so would drain the Asgardian while simultaneously making the vampire exponentially stronger. Of course, that's assuming the vampires are strong enough to penetrate the Asgardians' skin.
    Given what Asgardian skin does to earthly combat knives and bullets, I'd say they are not puncturing it. Hard to say for sure, but Buffy Vamps don't have feats I recall for biting through steel, much less stuff tougher than steel.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Asgardians aren’t bullet-proof last I checked.

Regardless, stabbing and bullets don’t work on the vamps either really. And all four of the Buffyverse are in the catching crossbow bolts fired at them (from behind for Buffy and Angel) speed, somewhat more impressive than the average Asgardian.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Regardless, stabbing and bullets don’t work on the vamps either really. And all four of the Buffyverse are in the catching crossbow bolts fired at them (from behind for Buffy and Angel) speed, somewhat more impressive than the average Asgardian.
    MCU Asgardians seem kinda bulletproof, if Loki is any indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    MCU Asgardians seem kinda bulletproof, if Loki is any indication.
    To be fair, he's a Frost Giant.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Sif laughs at the concept the one time she's significantly shot at.

They bounce off of Loki.

They bounce off the human who has Asgardian amps.

Combat knives driven by SHIELD agents bend and break against the skin of a low-end out of shape Asgardian.

Korg specifically mentions how "hard to perish" Asgardians are.

Presentation and what feats we have = Asgardians done be bulletproof.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    To be fair, he's a Frost Giant.
    True, but he's demonstrably not any tougher than an Asgardian. He's clearly intimidated physically by Sif and the warriors 3. Who also rip through Frost Giants like tissue paper.

But we don’t see Sif taking bullets. Her armor sparks and Loki isn’t Asgardian.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Loki has taken a Puny God smashing from Hulk and remained conscious and not much worse than severely stunned afterwards (especially considering what we saw of the immediate aftermath of the invasion in Endgame), for what it's worth. He also no-sold an explosion that knocked him off a speeding jetbike, IIRC. That being said, Asgardian knives seem capable of piercing Thor's skin pretty easily, so his durability probably won't help him much against an annoyed Did or any of the Warrior's Three is they hit him with a blade.

Speaking of Loki, he also managed to catch an arrow without looking and didn't seem especially fast compared to the rest of his and Thor's buddies.

But we don’t see Sif taking bullets. Her armor sparks and Loki isn’t Asgardian.
    Her armor covers like 4 percent of her skin. Bullets errupt at her, and we only see sparks from the metal, but that doesn't mean bullets only HIT metal. Bizarely, they only spark on metal.

And again, Loki isn't tougher than an Asgardian. He's presented as "on-their-level".

https://youtu.be/quUjNQ1QO-E

That point where she’s actively holding her shield up to block bullets and we see the shotgun pellets hit her armor are fairly good indicators she’s not bullet proof.

Also, Loki is comparable durability wise? So you see the no-name Asgardians getting the ‘puny god’ treatment and coming away as in one piece as Loki was?

That doesn’t really work.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM