Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Wow. Twice the Golden Age goodness (CW tv + comics)!
    Gotta see this Era in action figure form.

Spectacular Member

Stargirl (or Starman) from the new CW show - can come with a big JSA table - in the "Mega Gear" deluxe package. Other JSA single carded characters can each come with a seat: as a Mystery Accessory. JSA Batman can also be repainted / resold for his own toyline (yet still have a JSA seat to help sell the other DC toyline as well).

Spectacular Member

If they can match the quality of recent GIJoe 3.75 figures then these would be cool,

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    little too heavily stylized for my taste (not as bad (in a good way) as the DCAU figures, which reflected the cartoon look) Compared to what they should be able to achieve; in detail, articulation and paint aps by today's standards, even at this scale, these just feel a bit boxy
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yep, I'm torn with them. I think they may actually be 'better' figures than the old Super Powers... but for some reason I just like them less. Probably the heavily stylized bit. Super Power aimed for that Jose luis Garcia Lopez art....

These are exellent points to raise with SM toys. I too like to see a less boxy look yet a more Lopez inpired look. Isn't there a Lopez art book out there? SM Toys seems receptive to suggestions. Anyone going to SDCC/NYCC who can tell SM Toys what else we'd like to see?

Spectacular Member

Vader case / Hall of Doom : p

Love to have this as a display....

Surely everyone would love to see these two (display cases) too.
    Last edited by Kubert; 04-17-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

(Outside of a Flash/speedster line)
    I'd love to see a Justice League dark line!
    I think that would make for some great figures and accessories.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Spectacular Member

JLD is a great suggestion! Having a big name like JJ Abrams working with JLD can likewise cinematically bring much more attention to such toys. The characters alone definitely can make for some fun action figures / accessories.

Last edited by Kubert; 04-21-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Spectacular Member

Economically using the same fuselage you can make a nice big classic bat jet and invisible jet. The latter can be released in the regular DC line during Wonder Woman's 3rd movie. Just repaint the fuselage and swap for new (bat) wings.

Last edited by Kubert; 04-29-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Spectacular Member

A lot of common action figure buck parts can be shared across various characters, via this retro genre of costumes.

Spectacular Member

Wow!!! CW's new tv show got positive reviews. Plus reviewers say its real kid friendly. A big plus for this very kid friendly toyline. Their doing a big JSA table too! Can encourage big purchases of future action figures. So good for sales!

Last edited by Kubert; 04-29-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Spectacular Member

Glad that tv series is featuring the bigger table.

Spectacular Member

A very insightful VIDEO on how mindfully made toys become a success.

Spectacular Member

With what was said in Neitlich's VIDEO collectors are really digging the variety of this.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kubert View Post
    JLD is a great suggestion! Having a big name like JJ Abrams working with JLD can likewise cinematically bring much more attention to such toys. The characters alone definitely can make for some fun action figures / accessories.

There have been a few Swamp Thing action figures over the years. Personally I just want one of Abby to go with him.

Seriously, I know making action figures costs money but:

a) She's basically a regular woman (not counting her Rot Avatar form). She doesn't have any esoteric features or a complex costume, so they could probably re-use an existing female buck. It wouldn't cost that much. And

b) If DC are willing to make figures from "Super Friends" then the "not enough market" excuse doesn't fly.

For accessories, maybe alternate heads, one of her classic appearance (white hair with two black streaks) and one in Crystal Reed's likeness. Also maybe a mini-Swamp Thing to represent when he was re-growing himself and she cared for him.

I'd also love a Dolphin figure. Again, they could probably re-use an existing female buck. Accessories could be interchangeable hands/feet for her "regular" and sea-changed forms and possibly some kind of clip-on "burst of light" to re-create her bio-luminescent powers.