Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 102
  1. #1
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default Which hero has the worst rogues gallery?

    Well based on the marvel topic of who has the worst rogues gallery which dc hero has the worst rogues gallery? As in the lamest rogues and least popular
    Last edited by Toxin45; 03-07-2020 at 10:06 PM.

  2. #2
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,225

    Default

    Oh Batman! Worst of the worst, horrible people all of them. Totally irredeemable. Flash is probably thankful every day he doesn't have Batman's rogues.

    What do you mean that's not what's meant by worst?

  3. #3
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh Batman! Worst of the worst, horrible people all of them. Totally irredeemable. Flash is probably thankful every day he doesn't have Batman's rogues.

    What do you mean that's not what's meant by worst?
    I mean the lamest rogues gallery.

  4. #4
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    I mean the lamest rogues gallery.
    I know, it was a joke.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,230

    Default

    I'd say Aquaman probably. I can't think of one Aquaman villain outside of Black Manta and Ocean Master who is really an impressive foe. Either him or Martian Manhunter because, well, MM doesn't really have a rogues gallery. Although MM does have a rivalry with some of the classic League villains like Despero.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-07-2020 at 11:44 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    If we're limiting this to heroes who has had their own books with at least some regularity, I think it's hard to get around Martian Manhunter and Nightwing. The latter is especially egregious, he's headlined his own book for well over 100 issues and has managed to collect ONE memorable villain in that time.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

  7. #7
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    I'd say Aquaman probably. I can't think of one Aquaman villain outside of Black Manta and Ocean Master who is really an impressive foe. Either him or Martian Manhunter because, well, MM doesn't really have a rogues gallery. Although MM does have a rivalry with some of the classic League villains like Despero.
    Meet Power Girl, who actually has a sort of small rogue's gallery, but I sadly can't remember many of their names because they are mostly useless. Some Johns created idiot, a Hawkman reject, a bad budget version of Amazo, and a clone of herself, which is the only one with any potential. Beyond that, PG's most powerful rogues are all from DC and WB management...

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    wow.

    so many choices.

    Black Canary.

    Donna Troy.

    so many more.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Dr. Skeleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    876

    Default

    I'd say Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,432

    Default

    None. I say this because with the exceptions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash, most other heroes' rogues galleries don't get anywhere near the amount of development and use as the previously mentioned 4. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Hawkman, & Green Arrow all have a variety of rogues that could be made into A-level threats if properly handled and developed but often times they're passed on for Luthor, Joker, Sinestro, or the Reverse Flash. I'd love to see characters like Queen Clea, Dr. Psycho, Mr. Atom, King Kill, Gentleman Ghost, Matter Master, Count Vertigo, & Merlin get the same treatment as Luthor and Co.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    wow.

    so many choices.

    Black Canary.

    Donna Troy.

    so many more.
    Since when does Donna Troy have a rogues gallery? She isn't even a solo hero. And I don't think Black Canary has one either unless you count the villains she fights in Birds of Prey.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Since when does Donna Troy have a rogues gallery? She isn't even a solo hero. And I don't think Black Canary has one either unless you count the villains she fights in Birds of Prey.
    Black Canary has had 2 solo titles at least.

    Donna Troy, while not a 'solo hero', has appeared in innumerable issues of Titans and Wonder Woman comics...and, in all that time, DC couldn't have given here 1 or 2 foes of her own? Really?

  13. #13
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,521

    Default

    Of the major heroes that have sustained ongoings, it would probably MM, Green Arrow and the Hawks.

    Of this big 6, it would be Aquaman despite Manta and Ocean Master being awesome. But with Orm, it was only recently with the Johns run

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Black Canary has had 2 solo titles at least.

    Donna Troy, while not a 'solo hero', has appeared in innumerable issues of Titans and Wonder Woman comics...and, in all that time, DC couldn't have given here 1 or 2 foes of her own? Really?
    If Donna doesn't have a rogues gallery, she really can't qualify for the question being asked.

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Atom’s rogues gallery was a bit lacking.

  15. #15
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    For a character who's been around for such a LONG time, Aquaman is pretty thin on the ground when it comes to rogues.
    Ocean Master, Black Manta, the Fisherman and the coolest characters introduced in a dog's age - the Trench.
    Slim pickings.

    Martian Manhunter is another who has been around forever but has no rogues gallery to speak of. I remember Grant Morrison back in the day talking about how difficult it was to find an opposite number for J'onn and ended up using Jemm.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •