Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    None. I say this because with the exceptions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash, most other heroes' rogues galleries don't get anywhere near the amount of development and use as the previously mentioned 4. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Hawkman, & Green Arrow all have a variety of rogues that could be made into A-level threats if properly handled and developed but often times they're passed on for Luthor, Joker, Sinestro, or the Reverse Flash. I'd love to see characters like Queen Clea, Dr. Psycho, Mr. Atom, King Kill, Gentleman Ghost, Matter Master, Count Vertigo, & Merlin get the same treatment as Luthor and Co.
    Totally agree with this!!
    Throw in Shadow Thief, Blockbuster, Phobia and Ragdoll too. There are so many second and third tier villains who deserve a dust off and polish!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Well based on the marvel topic of who has the worst rogues gallery which dc hero has the worst rogues gallery? As in the lamest rogues and least popular
    Not Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Titans, Teen Titans, Flash, Green Lantern, JLD...
    I guess the one with the lamest rogues are the heroes that I never pay attention lol
    I almost don't want to include the family members rogues since they often share rogues with the family head
    Out of the ones I read, Nightwing, I guess. Besides Blockbuster, Raptor, William Cobb... 3 is just not enough for an 80... no... 30-year-old character... even that it's not lame... more like... make more, please. Can't really count non-recurring villains as rogues can we?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Totally agree with this!!
    Throw in Shadow Thief, Blockbuster, Phobia and Ragdoll too. There are so many second and third tier villains who deserve a dust off and polish!!

Those are some great villains as well!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

If we're talking about characters that had solo titles that lasted more than 50 issues. Then it should be:

Booster Gold
    Catwoman
    Jonah Hex
    Green Arrow

Of all the characters, I guess Dick Grayson? Outside of being with Bruce or part of the Titans, the only solo villain that has really made any sort of impact is Blockbuster. Even then, it seems Blockbuster is used in team-ups half the time. And lets face it; Dick is basically the 4th pillar of DC Comics after the Trinity, paving the way for the legacy characters and younger heroes.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    If we're talking about characters that had solo titles that lasted more than 50 issues. Then it should be:

Booster Gold
    Catwoman
    Jonah Hex
    Green Arrow
    And yet, I would argue Supergirl and/or Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) easily is the answer. I don't think Supergirl has any unique villains to her and her solo title has been around for much longer than any of the others. Barbara Gordon is close, though in her case, she shares Batman's rogue gallery.

Jonah Hex was a great pick, though. Maybe Adam Strange as well.

Out of the well known galleries I say Green Arrow

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Out of the well known galleries I say Green Arrow
    Yes he's spent too much of his time fighting other people's villains. (I do love Onomatapoeia)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    None. I say this because with the exceptions of Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash, most other heroes' rogues galleries don't get anywhere near the amount of development and use as the previously mentioned 4. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, Hawkman, & Green Arrow all have a variety of rogues that could be made into A-level threats if properly handled and developed but often times they're passed on for Luthor, Joker, Sinestro, or the Reverse Flash. I'd love to see characters like Queen Clea, Dr. Psycho, Mr. Atom, King Kill, Gentleman Ghost, Matter Master, Count Vertigo, & Merlin get the same treatment as Luthor and Co.
    That's the point though. While probably pretty much any character COULD be great if some extraordinary idea was applied to them, it doesn't change their current state. It doesn't matter to the current status of Wonder Woman's rouges gallery that a lot of her villains could be good, if they currently aren't or have never been. Having said that, of the ones you've mentioned I think Gentleman Ghost, Count Vertigo and Merlyn (or is there a different villain named Merlin as well?) are all OK-ish to decent villains.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Retired

Maybe not the worst rogues gallery, but in the category of so bad it's good, I would put the selection of ne'er-do-wells that faced off against the Sea Devils in the 1960s.

Starting out as a fairly respectable team of underwater divers, led by Dane Dorrance, the Sea Devils gravitated toward the sublimely ridiculous as their title kept going. They became an all-wet parody of Marvel's Fantastic Four--and even had their own Sub-Mariner in the form of Man-Fish. Like Namor, Man-Fish (aka Juan Vallambrosa) could be either a foe or an ally.

Other villains included Octopus Man, Mr. Neptune, the Human Tidal Wave, Manosaur, and Captian X--Jonathan Dorrance was Captain X and he was also Dane Dorrance's father.

Plus the Devils met a legion of deep sea creatures. One of those was Little Caesar--among the many DC super-apes, he had an origin similar to Superman's Titano--but in the case of Little Caesar he was a chimp sent to the depths by scientists, rather than the stratosphere, and through a series of unfortunate incidents transformed into an energy-gorilla with a vendetta against the surface world.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I don't think it's fair to include C-list heroes on this list, because they tend to have pretty lame rogues gallery, which is precisely why they are C-list.

As for the big name heroes, Aquaman is the easiest example, but that's because he was essentially a C-list hero for decades. I have no idea what villains the movie sequel and cartoon are going to use, since the first movie already used literally all of Aquaman's worthwhile villains--Ocean Master, Black Manta & the Trench. My guess is that the cartoon will be doing most of the heavy lifting there to create new villains and/or revamp Aquaman's sad rogues gallery.

Supergirl is also pretty lacking for villains, which is why the TV show has largely stuck to ripping off Superman villains and repurposing them for Kara. Similarly, Green Arrow's rogues gallery was so limited that they had to steal from other characters to give Ollie someone worthy to fight.

The Atom only has Chronos, but I don't think many fans would consider Atom to be a big name character. Black Canary has no notable villains that I can think of.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    As for the big name heroes, Aquaman is the easiest example, but that's because he was essentially a C-list hero for decades. I have no idea what villains the movie sequel and cartoon are going to use, since the first movie already used literally all of Aquaman's worthwhile villains--Ocean Master, Black Manta & the Trench. My guess is that the cartoon will be doing most of the heavy lifting there to create new villains and/or revamp Aquaman's sad rogues gallery.
    The second movie is likely to be beefing up Manta's role.

Siren also has a lot of potential.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The second movie is likely to be beefing up Manta's role.

Siren also has a lot of potential.
    The Fisherman has a TON of potential as a weird Lovecraftian villain, Starro too. Siren. Shaggy Man. Charybdis, who I hope to god gets used in the flicks. The Eel. N.E.M.O. Aqua-Beast is due for a comeback.

Scavenger as an adversary Aquaman helps get back on the straight and narrow.

Plus, Black Manta is just the best ever. Aquaman has a great rogue's gallery....just underdeveloped.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 03-11-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Green Arrow comes to mind for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    And yet, I would argue Supergirl and/or Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) easily is the answer. I don't think Supergirl has any unique villains to her and her solo title has been around for much longer than any of the others. Barbara Gordon is close, though in her case, she shares Batman's rogue gallery.

Jonah Hex was a great pick, though. Maybe Adam Strange as well.
    The 90s Peter David Supergirl title had a few interesting villains but DC just forgot about them.