Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Marvel Celebrates International Women's Day!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Happy women's day!!!

Regardless of preferences and such I think we can all agree that the X-Women are all iconic in their own rights and I'm glad this is a franchise with powerful and interesting female characters.
    Agreed, all the X-Women are stars.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Marvel Celebrates International Women's Day!
    Wow, I admit I didn't know Squirrel Girl…
    (I wonder why they only interviewed women… As Sandsmans_Raven said, even boys can like female characters.)

May I add in a X-men forum that I have a high esteem for Gamora, too? The women who will interpret her in movies will probably always be too scrawny to do justice to this strong and confident woman.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Spectacular Member

Is it allowed to mention DC women here ?

When I was a lad I was a huge fan of the Legion of Superheroes. They had a large female contingent , and though it's fair to say they were often not the most powerful members , when written well they were extremely valuable to the team .

After some years more powerful women joined , like my favourite Princess Projectra .

I'll always have a soft spot for the ladies of the Legion.

Marvel has some amazing and diverse female characters and I think I truly appreciate them all to some extent.

A few favorites include Jessica Jones, Storm, Jubilee, Jessica Drew, Kate Bishop, and Laura & Gabby Kinney.

But my all time favorite is Rogue, hands down. I love her sass, bravado, and generosity. Despite personal struggles with her powers and coming from humble beginnings, she managed to forge her own path. She turned from villainy to become a powerful force for good and an invaluable leader.

3b7db3567715a5cd03526da168fa6a90.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I remember how under Claremont the women would sometimes outnumber the guys in the different X-Titles he would write. Pretty remarkable for some of the highest selling comics of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember how under Claremont the women would sometimes outnumber the guys in the different X-Titles he would write. Pretty remarkable for some of the highest selling comics of all time.
    Right, in the first Excalibur, there were more women than men… and again a woman was the prominent figure.

Claremont was, in my mind, one of the rare feminist comics authors by the importance he gave to female characters.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Happy International Women's Day!
    The X-Men have always had some of the best female characters in all of comics. It's not just one character or a group of characters. The women of X-Men are often a major driving force in what makes the franchise great. More than any other superhero team, they effect their franchise in all the right ways. That's what makes them truly uncanny.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

The Women on the super hero team 'X-Men' are to be the major driving force in order to make the franchise great in the Marvel Cinematic Universe!
    Separate? That is insulting! The comicbook character Storm is a Woman of Marvel.
    IMO every Woman of Marvel who is a Mutant and an X-Man(=Human with Ex-tra power)

are always to be included with the other non-Mutant Women of Marvel on everything.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very much agreed! I think if they make the women the centerpiece of the X-Men Cinematic Universe as they were in the golden age of the comics (Claremont's run, of course) we're in for a major treat!

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Before I fell for Jean Grey and Storm of the X-men I was first in love with the Sorceress of Greyskull from MOTU and later Adora/She-Ra from She-Ra POP. I was around 5-6 when these cartoons came on and they prepped me for my love of badass strong female characters in fiction. As a kid I also loved Daphne Blake and Jem.

The best X-men are the women and I wish more creators would focus and on center them (basically can Storm and Jean get the Cyclops and Wolverine treatment, please).

Edit: Storm got the treatment under Claremont but not so much other writers. Storm deserves to be the star/center of a book (or team).
    ALL of this, the women MAY get a writer who is a fan of a specific character but outside of Claremont the X-women have never been allowed to lead the narrative of the overall franchise and even when they are their roles and stories are never to the level of their male counterparts.