Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boisterously Confused

I've enjoyed my walk through the decades (1961-[at present] 1991). The things that interest me the most:
    • The way that a tone moves thru titles as time passes. You can definitely feel the impact of guys like Thomas when they come on board
    • The way titles wax and wane as creative teams change
    • Those months where you can tell a title was late and went to a Plan B rush job story (usually a reprint)
    • The way pop culture seeped in (i.e. the early 1970s were suddenly full of Kung Fu, and the early 1980s full of Space Opera)
    • The early work of creators that would become Huge

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I've enjoyed my walk through the decades (1961-[at present] 1991). The things that interest me the most:
    • The way that a tone moves thru titles as time passes. You can definitely feel the impact of guys like Thomas when they come on board
    • The way titles wax and wane as creative teams change
    • Those months where you can tell a title was late and went to a Plan B rush job story (usually a reprint)
    • The way pop culture seeped in (i.e. the early 1970s were suddenly full of Kung Fu, and the early 1980s full of Space Opera)
    • The early work of creators that would become Huge
    Also, the Thing pointing out how the people he fights with tend to make speeches, which is funny, because in my reading so far, I felt that Stan Lee tends to include a lot of dialogue to the point that it can warp the pace of a fight that’s otherwise supposed to be fast-paced (Fantastic Four #18, September 1963):

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Read the 1963 Marvel essentials and my favorite one would definitely have to be Fantastic Four Annual #1, having a nice epic storyline with some compelling character tension.