Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst Rumble YOU Ever Posted

What's the worst rumble you ever posted?

Maybe you didn't quite understand the differences in power scale between two different universes at the time. Maybe you didn't understand how the rules on this forum operate. Maybe you just didn't know enough about one of/both of the participants in your rumble.

For me, for example, when I first joined the previous forum back in 2003/4, I posted "Illyria Vs The Silver Surfer".

This was before Angel Season 6, so Illyria didn't even have her comic book feats (and that match would still be a stomp even if she did). I wanted to know if Amy Acker's TV portrayal of Illyria could take on the comic book Silver Surfer, because she was arguably the most powerful thing in the Buffyverse at the time, so - at least I thought - she MUST be able to hang with Marvel's big guns.

How wrong I was and how much I've learned here!

So what's yours?

My 2nd thread ever was quite literally "Killer Croc vs. The Lizard". That went poorly.

My 4th or 5th thread ever was "Kerrigan vs. Wonder Woman". That was a hot mess. You should have seen me try and defend that one lol. I was at one point arguing it would be a close fight because "it would look cool!". :P

My other earliest threads included "Master Chief vs. Samus" and "Akuma vs. Raiden" and so forth.

Edit: this was back in 2004 I think.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

At one point I posted a fight between two Draculas.

One of them was the Dracula from Marvel comics who has made fair efforts in fighting guys like classic Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer.

The other Dracula was the one from the Hugh Jackman movie Van Helsing.

Yeah... that one got all the ridicule it deserved.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC I once posted "Bruce Lee vs. Sanji"

I’ve usually shied away from starting Rumbles, but I do remember a period of trying to find a decent match-up for Count Nefaria.

And failing.

Often.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’ve usually shied away from starting Rumbles, but I do remember a period of trying to find a decent match-up for Count Nefaria.

And failing.

Often.
    If it makes you feel any better, "2004 me" would've put him against Rupert Giles or something.

I think it was sonic related?
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Steven Universe vs My Little Pony FIM - I was pretty drunk at the time.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't tend to post many threads and all my stuff tends to be too obscure to gain traction.

I do strongly regret this Goku versus the Silver Surfer thread from three years ago. Not because of anything I did just because of how it spiralled.

@sharpandpointies, I’m doing alright ���� Busy but living
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I've done loads that no-one paid any attention to. So I don't know if they were too disparate or if just no-one knew what I was talking about.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I put Cassandra Cain up against my man Kirei Kotomine. It was during a time where some new person who didn’t stick around long was spamming the board with Cass threads trying to find street-levelers that could beat her, as they seemingly couldn’t believe her placement.

I’m not real proud of that one, as I mostly did it out of attempting to cash in on the attention that Cass threads were getting so as to draw attention to my favorite character to people who may not have been as familiar.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My 2nd thread ever was quite literally "Killer Croc vs. The Lizard". That went poorly.
    Yeah, but that's classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    @sharpandpointies, I’m doing alright ���� Busy but living
    Hey, man. I think this is in a weird place, but it's good to hear! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I've been here for a long time, on and off and never a heavy poster. Though I don't start a lot of rumbles, I am hard-pressed to remember my worst because it was likely very short******d and so many years ago. I have had some Rumbles where the participants were too obscure so nobody commented. So for my worst rumble, I will instead point to the first one that I posted in, because my post was so ignorant. The fight was post-Crisis Wonder Woman versus Hulk (616), and I wasn't aware of the speed difference or some of the magical abilities of Wonder Woman's lasso. To my credit, I quickly backed down and acknowledged my ignorance.

Incredible Member

I've posted a *lot* of shitty fight ideas here and on other boards over the years, haha. Sometimes through poor understanding the of the characters or the rules, sometimes on a whim just because I was in a silly mood that day.

My two worst are probably Galactus vs the Green Lantern Corps and one million clones of Wolverine vs Doomsday.