Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I wish more writers used 616 Blink.

She is still such a blank slate.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i found this on twitter, where do u think she is now?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

The Sextant with the rest of the New Mutants

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

i found this on twitter, where do u think she is now?
    cable(kid) n 1

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeean she's cute and all.... but Chamber ain't no slouch

Hmmm Good Question....I don't think so but when it happens i hope it's the 616 Blink and not AoA Blink! lol
    AoA Blink is ok but I could never really get into her all that much. The death of 616 Clarice during The Phalanx Covenant crushed me. Her and Synch were my faves right off the bat (Chamber hadn't been introduced yet).

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The death of 616 Clarice during The Phalanx Covenant crushed me. Her and Synch were my faves right off the bat.
    Duuuuude me too
    GrindrStone(D)

Mighty Member

Since when did Blink become Chinese? I thought the original Blink in the comics were South American natives?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Since when did Blink become Chinese? I thought the original Blink in the comics were South American natives?
    Blink was cast as Chinese in the XMEN movie DOFP. After that when fox made the tv show they cast the character as asian as well. However, in the comic Blink was from the Bahamas. Some people took Blink purple skin to mean that underneath the default was that she was white but in her most recent comic book runt he character reflected her Afro Caribbean heritage. So some folks are made about her being Black. Its a bit of tricky think is characters often use non humanoid skin colors such as Blue and Purple mutants to signify racial difference but then many people still hold true that underneath all white is the default unless its explicitly stated that they are Black or Brown or Asian. Like well know Kurt, Beast and Warren are white guys who happen to look different. We can see this rhetoric with Domino when she was cast as a Black woman or Starfire even stretching it even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Blink was cast as Chinese in the XMEN movie DOFP. After that when fox made the tv show they cast the character as asian as well. However, in the comic Blink was from the Bahamas. Some people took Blink purple skin to mean that underneath the default was that she was white but in her most recent comic book runt he character reflected her Afro Caribbean heritage. So some folks are made about her being Black. Its a bit of tricky think is characters often use non humanoid skin colors such as Blue and Purple mutants to signify racial difference but then many people still hold true that underneath all white is the default unless its explicitly stated that they are Black or Brown or Asian. Like well know Kurt, Beast and Warren are white guys who happen to look different. We can see this rhetoric with Domino when she was cast as a Black woman or Starfire even stretching it even further.
    gRRRRReat Post!
    lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Where/when was Blink referred to as Caribbean? In Phalanx Covenant, AoA, Exiles?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Where/when was Blink referred to as Caribbean? In Phalanx Covenant, AoA, Exiles?
    Blink #1 (2001) by Scott Lobdell. It was a miniseries about AoA Blink that led to her joining/founding the Exiles

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Blink #1 (2001) by Scott Lobdell. It was a miniseries about AoA Blink that led to her joining/founding the Exiles
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I was just thinking of Asian Blink because of this thread. They changed her surname to “Fong” on the GIFTED because of the casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Blink was cast as Chinese in the XMEN movie DOFP. After that when fox made the tv show they cast the character as asian as well. However, in the comic Blink was from the Bahamas. Some people took Blink purple skin to mean that underneath the default was that she was white but in her most recent comic book runt he character reflected her Afro Caribbean heritage. So some folks are made about her being Black.
    How did that volume of EXILES do? It seemed to have a cast stacked for success with perennial fave Blink, it Girl of the moment Kamala Khan, introducing a breakout character from the MCU with the new Valkyrie etc... 12 Issues ain’t to shabby by today’s standard; especially with a stable creative team!

so what Blink was in Cable's series?

Both 616 and AOA were on the covers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    so what Blink was in Cable's series?

Both 616 and AOA were on the covers
    It was 616 Blink. The story was about the Externals, and it showed 616 Blink as one of Selene's followers before Necrosha.

Incidentally it also may have retconned Necrosha from ever happening which opens a whole other can of worms.