Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Blink #1 (2001) by Scott Lobdell. It was a miniseries about AoA Blink that led to her joining/founding the Exiles
    Additionally, Lobdell revealed in an interview that he based Clarice off of a Bahamian taxi driver named Colin Ferguson that he knew from frequent trips there.

“So, when I created Blink I thought of her as Colin’s daughter. Though she was light purple, I always thought of her as a young Black woman...”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Isn't 616 Blink at least part Welsh in the comics? I swear that's what she was in her introduction.

I wish blink was still hanging with the new mutants

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Is this Blink’s first cover appearance (February, 1995)?:

No. Xmen 37, dated Oct 94 was

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Isn't 616 Blink at least part Welsh in the comics? I swear that's what she was in her introduction.
    Nah, Shes never been welsh...lol but if youre talking about her intro during the Phalanx Covenant,pretty much any background could be globbed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No. Xmen 37, dated Oct 94 was
    Dang I forgot about this.... I miss her more lavender, muted look.
    Last edited by BroHomo; 04-19-2020 at 12:47 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I was just thinking of Asian Blink because of this thread. They changed her surname to “Fong” on the GIFTED because of the casting.

How did that volume of EXILES do? It seemed to have a cast stacked for success with perennial fave Blink, it Girl of the moment Kamala Khan, introducing a breakout character from the MCU with the new Valkyrie etc... 12 Issues ain’t to shabby by today’s standard; especially with a stable creative team!

It did not do well but it was a fun read.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Mighty Member

Maybe you got Blink and Pixie, who is welsh a little confused.Pixie is our welsh hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Is this Blink’s first cover appearance (February, 1995)?:

For AoA Blink you mean? I'm pretty sure the 616 one appeared first during the Phalanx Covenant in adjectiveless X-Men. Perhaps they should be separated into 2 threads like there is two for Psylocke.

For AoA Blink you mean? I'm pretty sure the 616 one appeared first during the Phalanx Covenant in adjectiveless X-Men. Perhaps they should be separated into 2 threads like there is two for Psylocke.
    This thread doesnt really get enough activity to seperate them, especially since there isnt any version of her thats appearing anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Maybe you got Blink and Pixie, who is welsh a little confused.Pixie is our welsh hero.
    I know Pixie is Welsh too. When Pixie first appeared with her pink hair and port powers I kept thinking of the 616 Blink wth AoA ones daggers. I think 616 may be mixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This thread doesnt really get enough activity to seperate them, especially since there isnt any version of her thats appearing anywhere
    Ah... ok.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-19-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Also if 616 is Welsh she may not even be mixed and she may be black Welsh. There are African and Caribbean people of Whales. I'll have to check my comics.

Extraordinary Member

I’m pretty sure in her first appearance when she was captured by the Phalanx, it was said she was from the Bahamas.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m pretty sure in her first appearance when she was captured by the Phalanx, it was said she was from the Bahamas.
    That didnt happen. Her first appearance gave us nothing of her backstory other than she woke up in a pool of blood the first time she used her powers. As others have stated the AoA mini years later is the first time the Bahamas bit was mentioned

Ok, I came across some old fan threads and they mentioned Blink had some grandparents from the UK so maybe that's where the Wales thing came from? Bahamas is in the Caribbean and they have people from there who have been in Wales for generations so Blink being black from the Bahamas with relatives in Whales wouldn't be a stretch.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 04-19-2020 at 10:16 PM.