Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Blink #1 (2001) by Scott Lobdell. It was a miniseries about AoA Blink that led to her joining/founding the Exiles
    AoA characters aren't real 616 universe characters so they don't matter in terms of facts.

Blink could have been retconned as Asian in the 616 universe, now that the X-Men movie and Gifted TV series show her to be Asian.

I don't think fans would identify her as a young Black woman in comics now.
    Last edited by ericng; 04-19-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Ok, I came across some old fan threads and they mentioned Blink had some grandparents from the UK so maybe that's where the Wales thing came from? Bahamas is in the Caribbean and they have people from there who have been in Wales for generations so Blink being black from the Bahamas with relatives in Whales wouldn't be a stretch.
    No just seems unnecessarily convoluted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    AoA characters aren't real 616 universe characters so they don't matter in terms of facts.
    But the overwhelming majority of events are exactly the same until Legion accidentally kills his dad.
    Blink could have been retconned as Asian in the 616 universe, now that the X-Men movie and Gifted TV series show her to be Asian.
    Not sure why/how that would happen since the tv show and movie are different versions of Blink even with a wholly different last name.
    I don't think fans would identify her as a young Black woman in comics now.
    Yeah the fans that missed her last Exiles run, or her LS from 2001
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    No just seems unnecessarily convoluted.
    How is that convoluted? Many people have relatives in other countries in RL. Its better than people saying is she black or Brtish? Not counting her being Asian in the movies.

Ok, I came across some old fan threads and they mentioned Blink had some grandparents from the UK so maybe that's where the Wales thing came from? Bahamas is in the Caribbean and they have people from there who have been in Wales for generations so Blink being black from the Bahamas with relatives in Whales wouldn't be a stretch.
    Her Great-Grandfather was apparently from London, England. Not Wales.

Frederick Slade was also part of the Clan Akkaba, a group of mutants descended from Apocalypse. It's probably best that its ignored

Which reminds me...
    Wasn’t there a one-shot story that tried to reconcile AOA and 616 Blink as the same character? Something like at the end of Phalanx Covenant, 616 Clarice somehow pulled a Cross-Time Reincarnation and grew into the character we met as AOA Blink.
    I thought it might be the “What If...? #75” issue that dealt with her surviving after her apparent death, but a quick re-read looks like that’s not the case...

Ultimate Member

They could easily just have there be more than one Blink and then everybody can be happy...

How is that convoluted?
    Cause a lot of people recognized in her measly background and came to a reasonable assumption about her race only to have yeeeears later her creator confirm it. Why erase years of continuity to cash in on a 2 hr movie or a Tv show?
    Its better than people saying is she black or Brtish?
    Huh? No its not better or worse noooot real sure how you got this idea
    Not counting her being Asian in the movies.
    I think most X'Fans agree the movie and marvel comics universe are completely different. One doesnt have to follow the other in any kinda linear fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Which reminds me...
    Wasn’t there a one-shot story that tried to reconcile AOA and 616 Blink as the same character? Something like at the end of Phalanx Covenant, 616 Clarice somehow pulled a Cross-Time Reincarnation and grew into the character we met as AOA Blink.
    I thought it might be the “What If...? #75” issue that dealt with her surviving after her apparent death, but a quick re-read looks like that’s not the case...
    THis issue was so not good.....like At. All
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Her Great-Grandfather was apparently from London, England. Not Wales.

Frederick Slade was also part of the Clan Akkaba, a group of mutants descended from Apocalypse. It's probably best that its ignored
    Yes, Apocalypse>Frederick Slade>Clarice Ferguson.

Also she's born at least 100 years after Frederick Slade was crippled in a duel. If only one of her recent ancestors is from Clan Akkaba then the appearance of her OTHER ancestors will have a big impact. Fred doesn't look a lot like Apoccy now does he? Also at least some of her recent ancestors were immigrants to the Bahamas, sooo who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yes, Apocalypse>Frederick Slade>Clarice Ferguson.

Also she's born at least 100 years after Frederick Slade was crippled in a duel. If only one of her recent ancestors is from Clan Akkaba then the appearance of her OTHER ancestors will have a big impact. Fred doesn't look a lot like Apoccy now does he? Also at least some of her recent ancestors were immigrants to the Bahamas, sooo who knows?
    well we know shes Afro-Caribbean now...
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    well we know shes Afro-Caribbean now...
    I do not understand why it has to be one or the other? She is afro-caribbean and has a white ancestor from London somewhere up the line.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    This thread doesnt really get enough activity to seperate them, especially since there isnt any version of her thats appearing anywhere
    Well that's Marvel's fault too.
    "Cable was right!"

I just wished the marvel writers would be more practical with this major arch in the X-Men's history. I know there is a limited amount of space to use every mutant character out there, but I just can't see why the away teams don't have a teleporter on them. Blink, Magik, Gateway, Pixie, Vanisher, U-Go Girl, and Locus should have top spots on every team the same way each team should have a telepath.

As for Blink, I want to see her reaction to Exile's Blink meeting her aunt. I want to see what's she been up to after the New Mutants. I want to see her styled differently than her more famous counterpart. Maybe have a different base color other than green, like black or a dark purple. I want her to develop friendships with the Gen-Xers, even though show only met them once. Like, maybe she should join Excalibur and she and Jubilee can be besties while playing up that stupid connection with --|A|--., being his descendent and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I just wished the marvel writers would be more practical with this major arch in the X-Men's history. I know there is a limited amount of space to use every mutant character out there, but I just can't see why the away teams don't have a teleporter on them. Blink, Magik, Gateway, Pixie, Vanisher, U-Go Girl, and Locus should have top spots on every team the same way each team should have a telepath.

As for Blink, I want to see her reaction to Exile's Blink meeting her aunt. I want to see what's she been up to after the New Mutants. I want to see her styled differently than her more famous counterpart. Maybe have a different base color other than green, like black or a dark purple. I want her to develop friendships with the Gen-Xers, even though show only met them once. Like, maybe she should join Excalibur and she and Jubilee can be besties while playing up that stupid connection with --|A|--., being his descendent and all.
    They are too reliant on the Krakoa gates to move long distances. I think Blink would work on X-Force especially if we see the more destructive side of her powers. Actually wouldnt mind seeing her be a supporting character in Wolverine for similar reasons

They should just develop 616 Blink. Since she's basically a blank slate.

I always viewed her as Asian. When did they change that?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They should just develop 616 Blink. Since she's basically a blank slate.

I always viewed her as Asian. When did they change that?
    She's not really a blank slate anymore considering she's been back since her initial appearance and has recieved a distinct characterization. She's pretty cool. IA that alot can be done with her

She was never Asian in the books so thats not a change they made