Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Sypha Belnades (Netflix's Castlevania) vs Korra (The Legend of Korra)

Fight takes place on a small uninhabited island. Bloodlust is turned off. First one to KO the other wins. Both are at the peak of their respective powers.

This should be a fun one but I feel like Earth and Air Bending give Korra more options than Sypha.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Korra takes this mid difficulty
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Extraordinary Member

Sypha's powers can be fairly lethal

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Oh trust me I know, especially seeing how she waltzed through the boss battles
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So can Korra's. She's mainly held back by the rating for her show.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

We're talking peak, so that puts Korra into the Avatar State. While her Avatar State was hit with the nerf bat pretty hard compared to Aang and their predecessors, she's still more than capable of ruining Sypha's day.

By the standards of Avatar, Sypha is an exceptionally talented bender and fighter, but she's pretty outgunned here.

Even without Avatar State, I'd still bet on Korra. She's physically much more capable than Sypha and can hard counter most of Sypha's offensives choices pretty hard.

Her durability alone is ridiculous. Her final fight with Zaheer had her being thrown off multiple mountains and landing really badly, while poisoned, but she kept on trucking.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-09-2020 at 05:11 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    We're talking peak, so that puts Korra into the Avatar State. While her Avatar State was hit with the nerf bat pretty hard compared to Aang and their predecessors, she's still more than capable of ruining Sypha's day.

By the standards of Avatar, Sypha is an exceptionally talented bender and fighter, but she's pretty outgunned here.

Even without Avatar State, I'd still bet on Korra. She's physically much more capable than Sypha and can hard counter most of Sypha's offensives choices pretty hard.

Her durability alone is ridiculous. Her final fight with Zaheer had her being thrown off multiple mountains and landing really badly, while poisoned, but she kept on trucking.
    I would say Korra seems to be the physically strongest Avatar canonically, but the official novels seem to be retroactively beefing up Kyoshi. There's also the Avatar State retcon that says Avatars acquire the collective knowledge of their predecessors instead of the cumulative bending power. Hmm.

Man, I just want to see Sypha and Trevor Belmont experience Korra's more PG-rated world. How would they ever adapt?

EDIT: I'd give the win to Korra. Honestly, I'd give her the odds against Netflix Castlevania's Dracula. Korra cutting loose at full-power is frightening.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Sypha is a high end bender considering what she does in the show.

She can’t fight an Avatar. Korra wins after a bit of a fight.

Her advantage here is her flight capability and the fact that she tends to fight lethally, something Korra doesn’t do.

On a side note Dracula would most likely beat Korra. Speed wins out.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Oddly enough, I could almost see Trevor doing better against Korra. His fighting style and weapons are generally meant to fight more powerful/faster opponents, and he’s freakishly durable himself.

Not Avatar state obviously, but regular Korra.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I'll also just chip in that Korra, even in Avatar State wants none of Dracula.

Too fast, way too strong, absurdly durable to boot. He's a bit out of her league.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll also just chip in that Korra, even in Avatar State wants none of Dracula.

Too fast, way too strong, absurdly durable to boot. He's a bit out of her league.
    A tired, suicidal, blood deprived (I think?) Dracula still gave the trio, including his Dhampire speedster son, complete hell and only really lost because his mental breakdown finally set in and he wanted to die.

Dracula was an absolute beast.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    On a side note Dracula would most likely beat Korra. Speed wins out.
    What is Dracula's best speed feat? I don't particularly remember him having anything that suggests his speed is superior. Korra's speed and reaction feats are fairly impressive (e.g., reacting to the Colossus' energy cannon, dodging underwater torpedoes, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    A tired, suicidal, blood deprived (I think?) Dracula still gave the trio, including his Dhampire speedster son, complete hell and only really lost because his mental breakdown finally set in and he wanted to die.

Dracula was an absolute beast.
    So, it would be whether or not if Korra could last long enough for Count Bloodsucker to lose it?

Could be interesting. She was the first metalbending Avatar, and as said previously, very sturdy, even for an Avatar.