Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Let's talk FORGE!

For years I have thought that Forge as a character has been extremely underutilize. Most writers just use him that the creator of some devices once in blue moon. An example would be Hickman having Forge design the Mutant race "cloud" hard drive with all the mutant minds on Krakoa.

I have often thought Forge should have created technology on the level of Reed, Stark and Doom. But his devices should be truly unique since it is only limited by his imagination. He should be used as his namesake, "The maker." For example, Forge should be able to create boots that allow to walk on air like the boots Mordo in Dr. Strange was using. Remember when he was training Strange in combat. He should create armors like Stark and Doom. He should have devices that other X-Men use to augment their powers. Sort of like James Bond's Q. For example, Forge should create a visor for Cyclops that give Cyclopes cool and interesting uses for his Optic blast.

I also have always thought that Forge should have technology that allows him to tap into or utilize mystical energy systems. The possibilities are endless what he should be able to create combining advanced technology and Shamanic magical systems.

Finally are there any great stories with Forge beyond the Claremont Storm and Australia storylines out there?

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    For years I have thought that Forge as a character has been extremely underutilize. Most writers just use him that the creator of some devices once in blue moon. An example would be Hickman having Forge design the Mutant race "cloud" hard drive with all the mutant minds on Krakoa.

I have often thought Forge should have created technology on the level of Reed, Stark and Doom. But his devices should be truly unique since it is only limited by his imagination. He should be used as his namesake, "The maker." For example, Forge should be able to create boots that allow to walk on air like the boots Mordo in Dr. Strange was using. Remember when he was training Strange in combat. He should create armors like Stark and Doom. He should have devices that other X-Men use to augment their powers. Sort of like James Bond's Q. For example, Forge should create a visor for Cyclops that give Cyclopes cool and interesting uses for his Optic blast.

I also have always thought that Forge should have technology that allows him to tap into or utilize mystical energy systems. The possibilities are endless what he should be able to create combining advanced technology and Shamanic magical systems.

Finally are there any great stories with Forge beyond the Claremont Storm and Australia storylines out there?
    Anything with Forge and Adversary. X-Factor 119-121 is a great story though it is only available in actual print, not digital. Also Cable and X-force 15-17.

I want this hair and moustache back. Forge is a hottie.

Forge does squats. It's canon.
    He wants to have the best butt on the island. The question is : for who?

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    E v e r y o n e

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    For Storm, obviously. He's in competition with Butt #2, Bishop.

I wish someone would really go into how smart he really is and give us a ranking of where he stands when it comes to the "Big Brains of Marvel".

I feel he should be under Reed and Doom but around Tony's level.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I like his interaction with Dr Nemesis, I hope Nemesis can join the current X-force or even get an X-club run or something alike, they can focus on the technology problem on the island, how can they let forge do every tech thing! He will be tired out.

Mighty Member

Is Forge a regular on any current X-Universe series?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post

I want this hair and moustache back. Forge is a hottie.
    Ab-so-lu-te-ly. AND get rid of all those fake muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Is Forge a regular on any current X-Universe series?
    He's been appearing in X-Force sporadically and will become a regular on Marauders with the next issue.

Love Forge. Really enjoyed him in Cable and X-Force and his bickering with Dr. Nemesis.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Forge would die and then when he was brought back be able to do so with then having a full body, so that he would no longer have the robotic leg and hand or if he would want to keep them somehow as a reminder of his own failings or something along those lines...as Forge is one of the few X-characters that is a veteran like Logan of a real war...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if Forge would die and then when he was brought back be able to do so with then having a full body, so that he would no longer have the robotic leg and hand or if he would want to keep them somehow as a reminder of his own failings or something along those lines...as Forge is one of the few X-characters that is a veteran like Logan of a real war...
    That is a very good question and could be a very interesting story for Forge. Would he want to come back whole? Have the writers updated his origin and made him a veteran of the Iraq War or some other modern war? Or I could see Forge creating a device or through some magical means; a way that he could slow his aging a bit.
    Last edited by taozen; 03-11-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Maybe this thread should be transformed into a Forge appreciation thread?