Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Widow Final Trailer

Ooo Taskmaster busting out those Tchalla moves. Looks like he even did the Wakanda forever salute just In case the claws and acrobatics wasnt enough lol. Really looking forward to this movie. And I was firmly un the I have no intrest in a BlackWidow movie prior to the trailers.

Not sure this trailer worked for me.

I generally liked the introspective and serious interaction between Natasha and Yelena, and Natasha's inner monologues. They gave some emotional heft to the trailer.

The music selection and the action scenes felt rather generic to me. I'm sure people more steeped in Marvel lore than me will recognise and enjoy the various characters, but all that was left to me were thick and stereotypical Russian accents. Likewise, we had too much light banter (I'd call it Marvel banter, but DC was just as guilty of it in Aquaman).

I'm not sure of the "as you know, Natasha" background infodump from Yelena about the Red Room really worked. I get it that it's necessary background info for some viewers, but Natasha should already know all that.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Absolutely cannot wait for some Taskmaster goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Absolutely cannot wait for some Taskmaster goodness.
    I wonder how much of previous fight scenes we've seen will actually be replicated by Taskmaster as easter eggs.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Annnnnd in 2 minutes I am more enamored with Yelena than I ever was with Natasha and want her as the Widow going forth.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Annnnnd in 2 minutes I am more enamored with Yelena than I ever was with Natasha and want her as the Widow going forth.
    She seems more of a kid sidekick then a successor to me.

Kinda early for a final trailer isn't it? Well regardless looks cool.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I wonder how much of previous fight scenes we've seen will actually be replicated by Taskmaster as easter eggs.
    Here's my two cents: if this movie is really set in the past, and Natasha's dead at the current time. how are we seeing Taskmaster doing moves that occurred more recently than the move is supposed to be set? My old theory was that maybe Hulk actually brought her back..... Hmmmm.....

I think it's been said that the film takes place between Civil War and Infinity War.

That said, I do wonder if there might be some twist, such as Taskmaster being a twin/clone of Natasha, thus allowing Scarlett Johansson to be in more Black Widow films.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Here's my two cents: if this movie is really set in the past, and Natasha's dead at the current time. how are we seeing Taskmaster doing moves that occurred more recently than the move is supposed to be set? My old theory was that maybe Hulk actually brought her back..... Hmmmm.....
    It takes place after Civil War but before Infinity War. We haven't seen Taskmaster use any moves from IW nor Endgame, so your theory doesn't really pan out based on these clues alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I think it's been said that the film takes place between Civil War and Infinity War.

That said, I do wonder if there might be some twist, such as Taskmaster being a twin/clone of Natasha, thus allowing Scarlett Johansson to be in more Black Widow films.
    Dont read under the spoilers tag if u wanna remain cold to who Taskmaster. spoilers:
    OT fenbagle(Spelling?) Was confirmed as playing an old love intrest of Natasha's. Before that was confirmed alot leaks were that Taskmaster was gonna be an old flame of Natasha's who pretend to be helping them to gather info. Still could be a twist but the leak lined up perfectly when Masons(OT)character description was released
    end of spoilers

Wow, that a fast Yes from me.

It will surely make everyone forget the humiliating FLOP that is BOP.

Looks good. Back when BW was announced, I wasn't convinced I would bother going to the theater to see it. I definitely will now.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member

I’m liking the way this film looks a lot...

...But I’d be lying if I didn’t say that the implications and possibilities for the MCU going forward weren’t also major hooks for me.

If Spider-Man: Far From Home was basically an epilogue to Phase 3, than BW probably works best as a prologue.

A prologue introducing new Black Widows, including the second established one from the comics, Taskmaster with seemingly all his abilities and copy-cat skills, and a prologue being released before a Disney+ series introduces USAgent...

...I really want Dark Avengers.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP