Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Wally West the Scarlet Witch of the DAY?

Is Wally DC's Wanda?

Each lost their 2 kids (New 52/Master Pandemonium) and ended up killing/destroying a bunch of heroes due to it (Avengers Disembled/Heroes in Crisis).

BTW: The title should read DCU not DAY. Stupid auto correct!
    Last edited by edpower; 03-09-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Is Wally DC's Wanda?

Each lost their 2 kids (New 52/Master Pandemonium) and ended up killing/destroying a bunch of heroes due to it (Avengers Disembled/Heroes in Crisis).

BTW: The title should read DCU not DAY. Stupid auto correct!
    Of all the outrageous choices in the Wally West's new superhero name? thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...superhero-name
    I don't remember Scarlet Witch being one of them LOL! but maybe the Scarlet Witcher or Scarlet Wizard would actually work
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-09-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Of all the outrageous choices in the Wally West's new superhero name? - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ro-name/page26
    I don't remember Scarlet Witch being one of them LOL! but maybe the Scarlet Witcher or Scarlet Wizard would actually work
    Scarlet Sorcerer?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Umh. Wait a few years and see if he's still blamed for it by characters in the story or that event is the thing the new generation remembers most.

I'm raising my hand as the person who first knows and still only knows Wanda as a chaotic reality warper instead of... umm... what was her power before?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Umh. Wait a few years and see if he's still blamed for it by characters in the story or that event is the thing the new generation remembers most.

I'm raising my hand as the person who first knows and still only knows Wanda as a chaotic reality warper instead of... umm... what was her power before?
    That's always what her powers were, she had "chaos magic" powers from her mutant abilities and skills in sorcery, but the idea for writers was that she could just make anything happen

House of M absolutely ruined Wanda and her reputation in the MU even to this day, so yeah we have to wait and see if any of Wally's actions in HiC actually stick how quickly he is redeemed, if ever

Wally will bring about 5G by whispering, "No more Boomers."

Similar but not quite the same, mainly because while they both did damage after mental breakdowns Wandas was on a much larger scale then Wally who only killed 8 compared to the thousand of depowered by Wanda. Plus it might be accurate to say that it took Wanda a few years to come back after disappearing and then redeem herself to an extent in Avengers vs X-men, while with Flash Forward and the upcoming Generations has Wally being involved and trying to fix a big dc problem.

Also if I’m going down that comparison I want a Booster gold was right shirt as a fun nod to the Cyclops was right shirt.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

No, because HiC is easy to ignore and would be easy to bring back those dead characters. HoM was too destructive in the X-men status quo and Marvel stuck by it for years. HiC wasn't even regarded for more than a week after its last issue.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would buy a thousand copies of that book
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I can't speak for other titles, but in Red Hood, Jason actually didn't hold anything against Wally, as trauma can really screw with people. Bruce, Clark, and Diana for setting up that kind of place though...

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Of all the outrageous choices in the Wally West's new superhero name? thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...superhero-name
    Hex Bolt?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    LMAO!

Doesn't Wally have some kind of temporal powers now? Even before the Dr. Manhattan/Mobius Chair upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Similar but not quite the same, mainly because while they both did damage after mental breakdowns Wandas was on a much larger scale then Wally who only killed 8 compared to the thousand of depowered by Wanda.
    Didn't Wanda end up responsible for a few deaths in Avengers Disassembled? I know Hawkeye and Vision were dead/destroyed at the end. Right?
    Help a fellow fan out and check out my writing, please:
    My Cage comic strip:
    Re-Runs: https://www.webtoons.com/en/challeng...itle_no=539047
    New: https://www.patreon.com/mycage
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    That's always what her powers were, she had "chaos magic" powers from her mutant abilities and skills in sorcery, but the idea for writers was that she could just make anything happen

House of M absolutely ruined Wanda and her reputation in the MU even to this day, so yeah we have to wait and see if any of Wally's actions in HiC actually stick how quickly he is redeemed, if ever
    House of M was my first Wanda story too, dang. I've seen Wanda in a 90s Iron Man cartoon but I have no memory of what she does except the funny clip people show me.

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Hex Bolt?

LMAO!

Doesn't Wally have some kind of temporal powers now? Even before the Dr. Manhattan/Mobius Chair upgrade?

Didn't Wanda end up responsible for a few deaths in Avengers Disassembled? I know Hawkeye and Vision were dead/destroyed at the end. Right?
    Yeah she did but they’ve ultimately been resurrected at this point and forgiven her. However, the X-men impact was by far the biggest part of her story and even still today stories are being written involving what scarlet witch did. I mean for crying out loud Hickman just did an issue where they tell campfire horror stories of what Scarlet Witch did, calling her the pretender, and that there are still mutants depowered by her that wanna die in gladiatorial combat to be resurrected with their powers returned....Hickman’s telling a very interesting/weird story right now.

But yeah I doubt we’re gonna see anything like that for years to come with Wally. At best he will probably feel really guilty and at times it will be brought up against him when people are mad or upset. I’m assuming something like early Geoff John’s Hal Jordan post Rebirth.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-09-2020 at 09:04 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah she did but they’ve ultimately been resurrected at this point and forgiven her. However, the X-men impact was by far the biggest part of her story and even still today stories are being written involving what scarlet witch did. I mean for crying out loud Hickman just did an issue where they tell campfire horror stories of what Scarlet Witch did, calling her the pretender, and that there are still mutants depowered by her that wanna die in gladiatorial combat to be resurrected with their powers returned....Hickman’s telling a very interesting/weird story right now.

But yeah I doubt we’re gonna see anything like that for years to come with Wally. At best he will probably feel really guilty and at times it will be brought up against him when people are mad or upset. I’m assuming something like early Geoff John’s Hal Jordan post Rebirth.
    Speaking of Hal Jordan, though I haven't read it, by reputation alone, sounds like he's a better comparison to Wanda

BANNED

House of M was my first Wanda story too, dang. I've seen Wanda in a 90s Iron Man cartoon but I have no memory of what she does except the funny clip people show me.
    Kurt Busiek’s run on Avengers did Wanda justice the most, imo. I was already a Wanda fan from much older comics but that run solidified her as a top tier character for me.