Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Three Jokers: 1st issue should be released June 17, 2020

"We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

1. Yeah!
    2. Please no delays
    3. I guess this means I’ll be getting Three Jokers, Death Metal, and Generations all at the same time
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

If it was Neil Gaiman 3 Jokers, or Alan Moore 3 Jokers, Matt Wagner 3 Jokers i would be intruged.

Geoff Johns 3 Jokers...And oh boy, i have bad feeling about this...lol

Gotta be honest, it's been so long since this was first teased in the pages of Justice League I just don't care any more.

Astonishing Member

The interview is interesting. Johns almost seems to be debunking the idea that there will actually be 'multiple Jokers' in the story or that there's some big retcon at play.

My guess is that the 'three Jokers' will be more symbolic than anything else, and it will play more along the lines of Morrison's theory that the Joker reinvents himself every few years.

It seems that the past stories predominantly being explored are the Joker's first appearance, The Killing Joke and Death in the Family.

The art looks top-notch. Its interesting that Batman seems to have the yellow oval. Is this the DDC costume?

With as long as it's taken to get this thing out, there better not be a single delay once issue #1 hits. This thing needs to be at least 99% done before it starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The interview is interesting. Johns almost seems to be debunking the idea that there will actually be 'multiple Jokers' in the story or that there's some big retcon at play.

My guess is that the 'three Jokers' will be more symbolic than anything else, and it will play more along the lines of Morrison's theory that the Joker reinvents himself every few years.

It seems that the past stories predominantly being explored are the Joker's first appearance, The Killing Joke and Death in the Family.
    The current Wally West stuff has established that there are multiple timelines all going on at once, so at least in that context it's very possible there are three actual Jokers. Then again DC has a current track record of just ignoring their own stuff and trying to figure out how it works in later, so your theory is just as possible.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Gotta be honest, it's been so long since this was first teased in the pages of Justice League I just don't care any more.
    Same. I'll buy it if the story is good, but NOT because I've been pining for it for the last 5 years since it was teased (an entire reboot ago?)
    That ship has long since sailed. But if it's good on it's own, I'll pick it up.

DiDio gets shown the door, and suddenly this is finally solicited? Was he holding it back?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    See, and I’m unsure of how well received this may sound, but I’m pretty much gonna get this because Geoff Johns is writing it. Johns has written about 75% of what I love in the DC universe so I was probably gonna get this regardless. Though I do appreciate Fabok being on this, his art is great.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Hopefully this won't be Doomsday Clock levels of delayed past this point.

I'm guessing this is Johns' last chance to make a major impact on the Batman mythos.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'll believe it once I get it in my hands. Also who other than us dorks still even remembers this dangling plot thread that has never been touch upon like at all since the New 52 ended

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm guessing this is Johns' last chance to make a major impact on the Batman mythos.
    I have read in various places that DC wanted the book finished before it was solicited. (I want to say it was in a Geoff John's interview).
    So based on that, it should be published on schedule once it finally comes out in June.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I have read in various places that DC wanted the book finished before it was solicited. (I want to say it was in a Geoff John's interview).
    So based on that, it should be published on schedule once it finally comes out in June.
    Correct. Geoff Johns from December 2019: “But Three Jokers, Jay and I have been working on it and we're on the last issue now. It's three, double-sized prestige format issues. That'll probably be solicited anytime because we're near the finish line and we waited because we told DC we didn't want it to come out until we knew it would come out on time.” https://www.cbr.com/geoff-johns-doom...rview-preview/
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It won’t. Fabok finished drawing it which is why it’s finally solicitated. Johns still has the third volume of Batman Earth One to do

The premise sounds so stupid and it’s been so long that I really have no idea why they’re still doing this. Whenever DC does stories to explain continuity problems they created it’s almost always a disaster.