Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Its the same wedges in the movies do u like those? I like flats better. I dont like the white lines in the skirt really strange looking. I notice her boot stripes switch from gold or white in comics, im used to white.
    I like the gold stripe on the boots with gold piping on the skirt and for the skirt itself to be all blue but textured so it's slightly sparkly. That takes the place of stars, but if there have to be stars on the skirt I'd like them gold. There's no need for white anywhere.

liam sharp one.jpg

Prefer the boots flat but the wedges don't have to be drawn so round and thick. Gal's wedges are gold too but they don't look so clunky.

gal.jpg

I don't know if its possible, but if there were a plan to try and redeem Max, I might be into him showing up. But I kinda doubt that's the plan.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Diana is still Zeus's and Hippolyte's biological daughter, and that was prominently featured in recent "Witching War".

"Witching" might be one of the best WW stories ever written. It's certainly a better Circe story, than WOGs ..and any other I've read, post-Crisis, including the Perez issues. Having read it, I can say that Circe is now my favorite WW supervillain, ..second only to Queen of Fables.

Zeus's paternity doesn't make Wonder Woman less-than, ..uninspired writers do.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Diana is still Zeus's and Hippolyte's biological daughter, and that was prominently featured in recent "Witching War".

"Witching" might be one of the best WW stories ever written. It's certainly a better Circe story, than WOGs ..and any other I've read, post-Crisis, including the Perez issues. Having read it, I can say that Circe is now my favorite WW supervillain, ..second only to Queen of Fables.

Don't want to derail this thread, but I think it does lessen her. The fact she was a wholly female creation was important and daddy Zeus sullies her brand.

We also have Cassie's origin already being tied to Zeus. The fact Zeus has raped many women. Hippolyta knows this. Out of all the women, she would have known better.

I haven’t read it so I’m wondering, is Witching War such a great story because of Zeus’ parentage? Was it necessary for the story?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Spectacular Member

I haven’t read it so I’m wondering, is Witching War such a great story because of Zeus’ parentage? Was it necessary for the story?
    Zeus's parentage changed nothing story wise as far as i remember. It is still a good story. Since the story is in continuity, yes it is necessary.

I wish they would stick w the curly locks like George Perez drew.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

I guess she still has a sword and shield. Too bad, I thought she would be good enough to take care of enemies and leave her sword and shield at home.

And for the wedges, for those people that complained about heels, the wedges are just as dumb. Thought the same thing about her using it in the movies.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm curious to see how long Janin stays. Hes being reported as the "new artist" but these days that could be just a couple of issues.

Incredible Member

I think it's pretty clear from this that Janin is only on for the first two issues. I'm looking forward to those issues, but I doubt he's on longer than that.

...both Nos. 759 and 760, the first two chapters of her first storyline, will be illustrated by Mikel Janin (Batman), with covers from Batman/Superman’s David Marquez.

Right now, it's probably best not to assume anything is meant to be long term. Not just with Diana but the whole industry.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, uh.....I'm not really that sold. Mostly because of the color palette. Also...I think it might be time to at least tweak the costume again. Maybe they could experiment with giving her pants again? Or at least simplify the skirt and the boots. I really love her classic boots.

Just the red with the white stripe. Yeah, let's give her something like that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah, uh.....I'm not really that sold. Mostly because of the color palette. Also...I think it might be time to at least tweak the costume again. Maybe they could experiment with giving her pants again? Or at least simplify the skirt and the boots. I really love her classic boots.

Just the red with the white stripe. Yeah, let's give her something like that back.
    I feel like we've gotten so many near-misses with pants that it's probably inevitable they'll try it again.

I don't think they should, but that's just me.

Pants just aren't "Wonder Woman" to me and I love the old boots, but they belong with the star spangled shorts. The whole point of the new costume (or the main one) was to get away from the patriotic theme and lean into the sword and sandal warrior angle.