Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Seriously... regarding the Batvillains.

We gotta stop being afraid of using and building up Diana’s roster of excellent villain concepts. I’m continually annoyed that creators see them as silly as opposed to developing and embracing their malevolent edges and running with those. She seriously has a twisted (and fun) list of adversaries, if only other writers would approach them that way.
    To me, Batman's rogues gallery have gotten just as overexposed as Batman has and I immediately have less interest in a story when they pop up in a non-Batman related series.

But yeah, even the more built up members of WW's rogues gallery (Ares, Cheetah, Circe, Dr. Psycho) don't get the treatment they should when they pop in the rest of the DC universe.
    Last edited by Gaius; 03-31-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Besides Circe in Justice league dark? Or trinity?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Besides Circe in Justice league dark? Or trinity?

That was the best showing of Circe in decades IMO. I wish Cheetah and others would be giving that kind of development as well. The last time we really saw Cheetah as an alpha-level threat was in Geoff Johns' Justice League #13 and 14 from the New 52.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That was the best showing of Circe in decades IMO. I wish Cheetah and others would be giving that kind of development as well. The last time we really saw Cheetah as an alpha-level threat was in Geoff Johns' Justice League #13 and 14 from the New 52.
    I agree with you! I was trying to think of anything she did in Snyder’s run! And all I can think of is she killed Poseidon.

Wait, is this the same woman who wrote Monstress? Because what I've read of that is pretty damn great.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Wait, is this the same woman who wrote Monstress? Because what I've read of that is pretty damn great.
    Nope, that’s Marjorie Liu.

Well that's too bad. Monstress seems legit. Haven't read much, but really liked what I saw. Planning on catching up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Hey that's something, a lot of the complaints I've read here about Maxwell Lord being a poor Wonder Woman villain distill down to them not having a natural connection. It seems DC is trying to strengthen their ties and show why he's a Wonder Woman foe as opposed to another hero's. I'm look forward to that.

As for the interview itself Mariko Tamaki comes off as knowledgeable and immensely likable. I feel better about her run now.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Hey that's something, a lot of the complaints I've read here about Maxwell Lord being a poor Wonder Woman villain distill down to them not having a natural connection. It seems DC is trying to strengthen their ties and show why he's a Wonder Woman foe as opposed to another hero's. I'm look forward to that.

As for the interview itself Mariko Tamaki comes off as knowledgeable and immensely likable. I feel better about her run now.
    Like it or not they do have a natural connection. She snapped his neck which was broadcasted all over the world and ruined her public image for a while. Hell Lord affected WW more than most of her Rogues normally do, how many of them have left as much an impact on her as he did? We sure might not like that DC gave such a big moment to someone who has not historically been a part of her Rogues Gallery but hey, at least he’s not a freaking god. And he does have ties to all the “worlds” WW lives in: The superhero community, the intelligence community, etc. It’s why I’m not as strongly opposed to his inclusion as some others.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Like it or not they do have a natural connection. She snapped his neck which was broadcasted all over the world and ruined her public image for a while. Hell Lord affected WW more than most of her Rogues normally do, how many of them have left as much an impact on her as he did? We sure might not like that DC gave such a big moment to someone who has not historically been a part of her Rogues Gallery but hey, at least he’s not a freaking god. And he does have ties to all the “worlds” WW lives in: The superhero community, the intelligence community, etc. It’s why I’m not as strongly opposed to his inclusion as some others.

I have to say you make some very valid points about Max especially your mentioning of the various communities he has ties to along with Diana. Just because he didn't start as a Wonder-rogue doesn't mean he can't end up as one. I'll definitely take him over another god or monster from public domain.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So maybe her She-Hulk run was simply a company inference. Hopefully, she will show her best

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I feel like Max Lord is going to become Wonder Woman’s new Dr. Psycho/Purple Man type of character.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I feel like Max Lord is going to become Wonder Woman’s new Dr. Psycho/Purple Man type of character.
    Probably. But then in a few years people will remember Max Lord has nothing on Dr. Psycho and he'll be shoved off to limbo again.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Probably. But then in a few years people will remember Max Lord has nothing on Dr. Psycho and he'll be shoved off to limbo again.
    More than likely. This totally has film congruity written all over it. Wasn’t Bendis brought on to help DC match the film counterparts?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com