Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What kind of superhero do you think Diana is supposed to be?
    A superhero who embodies and embraces strong and positive femininity. Which means she kicks major butt in a skirt .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I think the current costume is great when the artist draws stars on the tiara and skirt. Without the stars, it looks sort of blah & generic.
    I was shocked she dosent have a red star tiara nor star skirt in film. Especially since Patty is such a comic fan fan I thought she would go with a few stars at least with the skirt because Diana has worn skirts in the past already. I had to get used to her Tiara showing half her forehead & pointing down triangle ish. She needs a bright red star in 84

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    THR: Mariko Tamaki Takes Over DC's 'Wonder Woman' This Summer

• Mariko Tamaki takes over with issue #759
    • Mikel Janin will illustrate #759 and #760, David Marquez on covers
    After issue 760, who will be the permanent artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    Don’t know but Janin seems to be planning to be on the book for a while. He may continue to be the artist past the two issues solicited.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Don’t know but Janin seems to be planning to be on the book for a while. He may continue to be the artist past the two issues solicited.
    At least we can say they're not shortchanging Diana on artists this time around.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pallas71 View Post
    This is something I have wondered as well. Janin is a good solid artist but not one who can keep up twice a month type schedules. Which, wasnt WW supposed to have switched back to monthly with the 750 issue?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    This is something I have wondered as well. Janin is a good solid artist but not one who can keep up twice a month type schedules. Which, wasnt WW supposed to have switched back to monthly with the 750 issue?
    I think there are very few quality artists who are able to keep up with such a schedule long-term.

I remember such a rumour going around here, possibly due to some slight change in Wonder Woman's publication schedule, but I haven't seen anything official from DC about a permanent schedule change.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ok... so, people who have read Tamaki, what am I in for?

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Ok... so, people who have read Tamaki, what am I in for?
    Her Supergirl book was good but it was basically retelling Clark’s origin with Kara. Her She-Hulk was mediocre but she was dealing with the atrocious CWII fallout from Bendis. Her X-23 was decent but Marvel readers have said it was basically a rehash of Taylor’s much better All-New Wolverine run. So she’s an ok writer from what I’ve read. Hopefully this will be her big breakout. Otherwise she’ll be yet another mediocre writer on WW which has been the status quo since Rucka left, Orlando aside imo.

Her Supergirl book was good but it was basically retelling Clark’s origin with Kara. Her She-Hulk was mediocre but she was dealing with the atrocious CWII fallout from Bendis. Her X-23 was decent but Marvel readers have said it was basically a rehash of Taylor’s much better All-New Wolverine run. So she’s an ok writer from what I’ve read. Hopefully this will be her big breakout. Otherwise she’ll be yet another mediocre writer on WW which has been the status quo since Rucka left, Orlando aside imo.
    Yea, I don't think that will change for a while. Diana hasn't really gotten any worth wild moments in her run or JL, JLD is doing awesome on the other hand.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview with Mariko Tamaki: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/covid-...book-1.5510631

Concept sketches by Mikel Janín:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview with Mariko Tamaki: https://www.cbc.ca/radio/day6/covid-...book-1.5510631

I don't like her knees exposed. her face is a little too masculine and I'm not a fan of the sword and shield. Everything else is ok, i like the simple classic bracelets without the dramatic gold designs. 100% Silver is better.

I like how big the eagle symbol is, like the red star returning to her tiara, and I might get used to the white outlines on her battle skirt in the previous concepts. But, yea, the whole point of knee armor is to protect the knee so, why is it exposed. I wish we got gold armor on the edges of her bracelets.

Having read the interview I can already tell myself not to buy this book. I'm not looking forward to even more small intimate moments with Diana. GWW gave me to many, I'm drowning in them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What kind of superhero do you think Diana is supposed to be?
    Ambassador/diplomat superhero.

The hair is better, but nope still don't like it. The boots are bizarre and that's not her chest plate or her belt. That's not how any of this works.