Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 293
  1. #211
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,012

    Default

    The art is absolutely gorgeous and has raised my interest in this upcoming run.

  2. #212
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    52,523

    Default

    Art looks like it'll be a high-point for this run .

  3. #213
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    I see this will be like Cliff Chiang desexualized art where everyone loves it but me -sigh-

  4. #214
    Incredible Member MarquisAsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    765

    Default

    The art is beautiful I just wish they stay a little consistent with her hair and also her skin tone.

  5. #215
    Lover of Wonderful Things FutureWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII
    Posts
    110

    Default

    Wow.
    The art is breathtakingly gorgeous. And yay for drawing her as a traditionally beautiful woman but without excessive sexualization.
    I don't like Ares having a mouth either, but that's a minor quibble. This is just amazing art.


    Now...on the other hand, Maxwell Lord. Meh.
    I am looking forward to the film obviously, but that is DESPITE Lord.

    I just wish that the new writer had chosen one of Diana's own male foes from the past (Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, Sebastian Ballesteros, Duke of Deception) to do the things she is trying to do with Lord. But I get it, this is corporate synergy and we gotta sell those movie-connected-ish comics.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 07-01-2020 at 04:09 PM.

  6. #216
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Wow.
    The art is breathtakingly gorgeous. And yay for drawing her as a traditionally beautiful woman but without excessive sexualization.
    I don't like Ares having a mouth either, but that's a minor quibble. This is just amazing art.


    Now...on the other hand, Maxwell Lord. Meh.
    I am looking forward to the film obviously, but that is DESPITE Lord.

    I just wish that the new writer had chosen one of Diana's own male foes from the past (Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, Sebastian Ballesteros, Duke of Deception) to do the things she is trying to do with Lord. But I get it, this is corporate synergy and we gotta sell those movie-connected-ish comics.
    Breasts aren't "excessive sexualization" I'm not asking for a lot here. This is like if Sandra Bullock or some other waif thin girl next door starred as Wonder Woman, there's absolutely no oomph.

  7. #217
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    CBR has an interview with Janin, sounds like he would like to work Tamaki again but as of now there are no plans for him to do more than the first two issues of her run.

    They also have the colored versions of the art he posted:





    Who is the woman with guns supposed to be?

  8. #218
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Breasts aren't "excessive sexualization" I'm not asking for a lot here. This is like if Sandra Bullock or some other waif thin girl next door starred as Wonder Woman, there's absolutely no oomph.
    What exactly are you asking for then? She isn't waif thin in those images either. And besides, people were saying the same about Gal Gadot's body too.

  9. #219
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What exactly are you asking for then? She isn't waif thin in those images either. And besides, people were saying the same about Gal Gadot's body too.
    Gal Gadot has her hair done.

  10. #220
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Gal Gadot has her hair done.
    And Diana's hair in those images is fine. What does that have to do with anything here

  11. #221
    Fantastic Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    375

    Default

    That picture with Max is hot. He should be her new love interest.

  12. #222
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Diana's hair in those images is fine. What does that have to do with anything here
    My point is Gal Gadot is far more glam. She has a face full of make-up, her hair done and padding to fill out her thin frame. She's not a plain jane.

    wonder-woman-3-modern.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #223
    Spectacular Member Natamaxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    CBR has an interview with Janin, sounds like he would like to work Tamaki again but as of now there are no plans for him to do more than the first two issues of her run.

    They also have the colored versions of the art he posted:





    I’m very excited about seeing this artwork in full when these issues are released! It’s so beautifully dynamic! I’m happy to see Diana look so strong and beautiful without the usual “Wonder Cleavage” front and center in every panel. I wish more artists drew her this way. It seems like Janin is only on for a couple of issues? Pity.

  14. #224
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I’m very excited about seeing this artwork in full when these issues are released! It’s so beautifully dynamic! I’m happy to see Diana look so strong and beautiful without the usual “Wonder Cleavage” front and center in every panel. I wish more artists drew her this way. It seems like Janin is only on for a couple of issues? Pity.

    Yeah, if it's true that Janin is only on the book for a few issues, I'll be quite disappointed as Wonder Woman hasn't had an artist of his caliber since Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp left the book. It almost seems like they're using Janin to lure people in and then we're stuck with a mediocre artist or artists after he's done.
    Currently Reading:Death Metal, Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  15. #225
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    My point is Gal Gadot is far more glam. She has a face full of make-up, her hair done and padding to fill out her thin frame. She's not a plain jane.
    She isn't exactly a plain jane in Janin's art either, because he pretty much exclusively draws gorgeous people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •