Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

The art is absolutely gorgeous and has raised my interest in this upcoming run.

Art looks like it'll be a high-point for this run .

I see this will be like Cliff Chiang desexualized art where everyone loves it but me -sigh-

The art is beautiful I just wish they stay a little consistent with her hair and also her skin tone.

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Wow.
    The art is breathtakingly gorgeous. And yay for drawing her as a traditionally beautiful woman but without excessive sexualization.
    I don't like Ares having a mouth either, but that's a minor quibble. This is just amazing art.

Now...on the other hand, Maxwell Lord. Meh.
    I am looking forward to the film obviously, but that is DESPITE Lord.

I just wish that the new writer had chosen one of Diana's own male foes from the past (Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, Sebastian Ballesteros, Duke of Deception) to do the things she is trying to do with Lord. But I get it, this is corporate synergy and we gotta sell those movie-connected-ish comics.
    Last edited by FutureWonder; 07-01-2020 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Wow.
    The art is breathtakingly gorgeous. And yay for drawing her as a traditionally beautiful woman but without excessive sexualization.
    I don't like Ares having a mouth either, but that's a minor quibble. This is just amazing art.

Now...on the other hand, Maxwell Lord. Meh.
    I am looking forward to the film obviously, but that is DESPITE Lord.

I just wish that the new writer had chosen one of Diana's own male foes from the past (Dr. Psycho, Angle Man, Sebastian Ballesteros, Duke of Deception) to do the things she is trying to do with Lord. But I get it, this is corporate synergy and we gotta sell those movie-connected-ish comics.
    Breasts aren't "excessive sexualization" I'm not asking for a lot here. This is like if Sandra Bullock or some other waif thin girl next door starred as Wonder Woman, there's absolutely no oomph.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    CBR has an interview with Janin, sounds like he would like to work Tamaki again but as of now there are no plans for him to do more than the first two issues of her run.

They also have the colored versions of the art he posted:

Who is the woman with guns supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Breasts aren't "excessive sexualization" I'm not asking for a lot here. This is like if Sandra Bullock or some other waif thin girl next door starred as Wonder Woman, there's absolutely no oomph.
    What exactly are you asking for then? She isn't waif thin in those images either. And besides, people were saying the same about Gal Gadot's body too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What exactly are you asking for then? She isn't waif thin in those images either. And besides, people were saying the same about Gal Gadot's body too.
    Gal Gadot has her hair done.

Gal Gadot has her hair done.
    And Diana's hair in those images is fine. What does that have to do with anything here

That picture with Max is hot. He should be her new love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    And Diana's hair in those images is fine. What does that have to do with anything here
    My point is Gal Gadot is far more glam. She has a face full of make-up, her hair done and padding to fill out her thin frame. She's not a plain jane.

wonder-woman-3-modern.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    CBR has an interview with Janin, sounds like he would like to work Tamaki again but as of now there are no plans for him to do more than the first two issues of her run.

They also have the colored versions of the art he posted:

I’m very excited about seeing this artwork in full when these issues are released! It’s so beautifully dynamic! I’m happy to see Diana look so strong and beautiful without the usual “Wonder Cleavage” front and center in every panel. I wish more artists drew her this way. It seems like Janin is only on for a couple of issues? Pity.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I’m very excited about seeing this artwork in full when these issues are released! It’s so beautifully dynamic! I’m happy to see Diana look so strong and beautiful without the usual “Wonder Cleavage” front and center in every panel. I wish more artists drew her this way. It seems like Janin is only on for a couple of issues? Pity.

Yeah, if it's true that Janin is only on the book for a few issues, I'll be quite disappointed as Wonder Woman hasn't had an artist of his caliber since Nicola Scott and Liam Sharp left the book. It almost seems like they're using Janin to lure people in and then we're stuck with a mediocre artist or artists after he's done.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

My point is Gal Gadot is far more glam. She has a face full of make-up, her hair done and padding to fill out her thin frame. She's not a plain jane.
    She isn't exactly a plain jane in Janin's art either, because he pretty much exclusively draws gorgeous people.