Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 200
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    I'm a simple man. I see Diana with a sword and I lose interest.

    I joke, but I miss the flippin' lasso. Janin clearly traces 3D models and his colorists kind of save him, but I wish he'd stylize a bit more.

    I've only read Tamaki with Being Super, but I'll give her an issue or two to see how I like her take on Diana. Max Lord as the antagonist, though, will take some work to sell me on.

  2. #152
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,255

    Default

    I’ll give her stories a whirl. Hopefully they’ll get me excited.

    What Diana desperately needs is an editor, two writers, two artists, and two creative teams working collectively across two titles to bring some excitement and thrills back to Diana’s life and do tremendous amounts of Wonder world-building simultaneously.

    Is ARGUS going to rebuild itself? What happened to all the artifacts and devices stored there when Leviathan brought it to its knees? What’s the name of Diana’s city and what’s its geography? Is Cale Pharmaceutical located there? Is Holliday University located there? Let’s reopen the Mayer Agency in the city. Is Helena Sandsmark curator of the city’s antiquities museum? Where’s Diana living... a house, an apartment, a Wonder Dome? Has she started up the Wonder Woman Foundation again and who’s working at the foundation? What’s the name of Ferdinand’s restaurant and how is he dealing with becoming a celebrity chef? Who’s Hera hanging out with when she’s not with the Quintessence? Who’s on the team and what has Villainy Inc. been up to all this time? Who’s guarding Doom’s Doorway and how has that position affected those Amazons’ lives? What’s Hippolyta been up to and what are her plans for interacting with Patriarch’s World? Which Amazon is the head doctor and therapist on Transformation Island and who is currently housed at the facility? What’s the true secret origin of Donna Troy? Is Warkiller dating anyone? Who’s the biggest crime boss in Diana’s city? Are Ed Indelicato and Michael Schorr on the police force in Diana’s city?

    There are so many questions I want answered and so much Wonder mythos I want to be rebuilt - I just want to see a couple of teams go for it and give me name drops and interludes with characters and put all of Wonder Woman’s world together.

  3. #153
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ll give her stories a whirl. Hopefully they’ll get me excited.

    What Diana desperately needs is an editor, two writers, two artists, and two creative teams working collectively across two titles to bring some excitement and thrills back to Diana’s life and do tremendous amounts of Wonder world-building simultaneously.

    Is ARGUS going to rebuild itself? What happened to all the artifacts and devices stored there when Leviathan brought it to its knees? What’s the name of Diana’s city and what’s its geography? Is Cale Pharmaceutical located there? Is Holliday University located there? Let’s reopen the Mayer Agency in the city. Is Helena Sandsmark curator of the city’s antiquities museum? Where’s Diana living... a house, an apartment, a Wonder Dome? Has she started up the Wonder Woman Foundation again and who’s working at the foundation? What’s the name of Ferdinand’s restaurant and how is he dealing with becoming a celebrity chef? Who’s Hera hanging out with when she’s not with the Quintessence? Who’s on the team and what has Villainy Inc. been up to all this time? Who’s guarding Doom’s Doorway and how has that position affected those Amazons’ lives? What’s Hippolyta been up to and what are her plans for interacting with Patriarch’s World? Which Amazon is the head doctor and therapist on Transformation Island and who is currently housed at the facility? What’s the true secret origin of Donna Troy? Is Warkiller dating anyone? Who’s the biggest crime boss in Diana’s city? Are Ed Indelicato and Michael Schorr on the police force in Diana’s city?

    There are so many questions I want answered and so much Wonder mythos I want to be rebuilt - I just want to see a couple of teams go for it and give me name drops and interludes with characters and put all of Wonder Woman’s world together.

    Yes, please!
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  4. #154
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ll give her stories a whirl. Hopefully they’ll get me excited.

    What Diana desperately needs is an editor, two writers, two artists, and two creative teams working collectively across two titles to bring some excitement and thrills back to Diana’s life and do tremendous amounts of Wonder world-building simultaneously.

    Is ARGUS going to rebuild itself? What happened to all the artifacts and devices stored there when Leviathan brought it to its knees? What’s the name of Diana’s city and what’s its geography? Is Cale Pharmaceutical located there? Is Holliday University located there? Let’s reopen the Mayer Agency in the city. Is Helena Sandsmark curator of the city’s antiquities museum? Where’s Diana living... a house, an apartment, a Wonder Dome? Has she started up the Wonder Woman Foundation again and who’s working at the foundation? What’s the name of Ferdinand’s restaurant and how is he dealing with becoming a celebrity chef? Who’s Hera hanging out with when she’s not with the Quintessence? Who’s on the team and what has Villainy Inc. been up to all this time? Who’s guarding Doom’s Doorway and how has that position affected those Amazons’ lives? What’s Hippolyta been up to and what are her plans for interacting with Patriarch’s World? Which Amazon is the head doctor and therapist on Transformation Island and who is currently housed at the facility? What’s the true secret origin of Donna Troy? Is Warkiller dating anyone? Who’s the biggest crime boss in Diana’s city? Are Ed Indelicato and Michael Schorr on the police force in Diana’s city?

    There are so many questions I want answered and so much Wonder mythos I want to be rebuilt - I just want to see a couple of teams go for it and give me name drops and interludes with characters and put all of Wonder Woman’s world together.
    It's almost like we need another book for a character as big as Diana. Whatever even happened to Sensation Comics anyway?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  5. #155
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm a simple man. I see Diana with a sword and I lose interest.
    Ironically when the new movie is emphasizing the lasso without any of the other weapons.

  6. #156
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ironically when the new movie is emphasizing the lasso without any of the other weapons.
    That, the vibrant color palette and that amazing theme song are why I'm interested... But Diana riding the lightning was the right mix of ridiculous fun and totally flippin' metal that I have high hopes even if we're going to be dealing with Max Lord (and we're lucky Pedro Pascal is going to be playing him because he'll do a great job). Really hoping that movie rocks. I want the sword and shield gone.

  7. #157
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    It's almost like we need another book for a character as big as Diana. Whatever even happened to Sensation Comics anyway?
    Sales were soft so it got cancelled.

  8. #158
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    50,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales were soft so it got cancelled.
    Yeah, it happened to Superman's anthology book (Adventures of Superman) too.

  9. #159
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, it happened to Superman's anthology book (Adventures of Superman) too.
    I thought that was only meant to be his 75th celebration book akin to Batman Eternal? Either way we got three pretty good volumes out of it so I wasn’t too bothered.

  10. #160
    The Last Dragon masterwitcher88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sales were soft so it got cancelled.
    Ah. Looking back at the creative teams and what went on in the book I'm not surprised.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

  11. #161
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Ah. Looking back at the creative teams and what went on in the book I'm not surprised.

    The creative teams and stories in the last incarnation of Sensation Comics were hit or miss. Some were really good like Jason Badower's issue. Sadly, we didn't see many WW villains in this series beyond Cheetah, Ares, and Circe. I think we saw as many, if not more, Bat-villains in the series.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  12. #162
    Astonishing Member WonderScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    3,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    The creative teams and stories in the last incarnation of Sensation Comics were hit or miss. Some were really good like Jason Badower's issue. Sadly, we didn't see many WW villains in this series beyond Cheetah, Ares, and Circe. I think we saw as many, if not more, Bat-villains in the series.
    Seriously... regarding the Batvillains.

    We gotta stop being afraid of using and building up Diana’s roster of excellent villain concepts. I’m continually annoyed that creators see them as silly as opposed to developing and embracing their malevolent edges and running with those. She seriously has a twisted (and fun) list of adversaries, if only other writers would approach them that way.

  13. #163
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Seriously... regarding the Batvillains.

    We gotta stop being afraid of using and building up Diana’s roster of excellent villain concepts. I’m continually annoyed that creators see them as silly as opposed to developing and embracing their malevolent edges and running with those. She seriously has a twisted (and fun) list of adversaries, if only other writers would approach them that way.

    Right? Hopefully Maxwell Lord is just the beginning of Tamaki's exploration of WW-rogues that haven't been seen in a while and given some development.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

  14. #164
    Astonishing Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Right? Hopefully Maxwell Lord is just the beginning of Tamaki's exploration of WW-rogues that haven't been seen in a while and given some development.
    Problem for me is that I kinda feel like other heroes (the former JLI) have more claim on Max as a villain that WW.

  15. #165
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Problem for me is that I kinda feel like other heroes (the former JLI) have more claim on Max as a villain that WW.

    I won't disagree with you there. It's just kind of a water under the bridge situation with Max. We have to deal with him due to the movie coming out.
    Currently Reading:Hawkman, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, Wonder Woman, & Young Justice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •