Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Carlo Barberi is on the solicits for 761-763 but don't think there's been an official announcement saying he's taking over long term so he might also rotate off. Here's a sample of his work from Super Sons:

Eh his work is ok, one of the weaker artists in DC’s line up imo.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wouldnt say he is a "weak" artist by any means, but his style is not exactly one I would have chosen for Wonder Woman most certainly not to follow behind Janin. This is an example of DCs editors making janky decisions on art.
    If Janin was only to do a couple of issues, finding a solid artist if his caliber should have been priority, not finding one on a different spectrum. Why not have Marquez move from covers to interiors as well?

Not familiar at all with Tamaki but ready to give it a chance. Since Rucka left I haven't been able to stick with any run. I hope she gets it and can stay awhile (if it's good).

Janin's art is top shelf quality.

Extraordinary Member

Carlo Barberi is on the solicits for 761-763 but don't think there's been an official announcement saying he's taking over long term so he might also rotate off
    Steve Pugh will be doing issues 764 and 765.

DC very rarely care about artistic consistency. There are very few runs that have solid visual identities anymore

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    DC very rarely care about artistic consistency. There are very few runs that have solid visual identities anymore
    This is (one of the many reasons) why Wonder Woman will never be a top tier seller.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This is (one of the many reasons) why Wonder Woman will never be a top tier seller.
    Never say never. Maybe one day they will put some effort into her verse.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kochtgr View Post
    The only thing that keeps bothering me is that they have her still using her sword way too often when it should be used rarely.

I mean what is the point of her using her sword against animals? (dinosaurs!?)

When will they finally make her use the sword only against mindless really powerful monsters like doomsday where there is no other way to harm them and not for any other living thing?
    Also Wonder Woman wouldn't use a sword on any animal because she can communicate and calm wild animals.

Extraordinary Member

Not related to her upcoming WW run but Mariko Tamaki won Best Writer at the Eisners this past week.

Incredible Member

Not related to her upcoming WW run but Mariko Tamaki won Best Writer at the Eisners this past week.
    Thanks for sharing! This definitely makes me hopeful for her Wonder Woman run.

Tamaki discusses some of her Wonder Woman run for Comic-Con at Home in the below video.

Her part is quite short, but she does says her story is about seeing who people are versus who you wish they were. In some way, the new villain Liar Liar plays into this narrative. From the very little she shared, I didn't get a sense that she would be on the title for very long. I could be wrong, but she didn't go into many details about the story or even Wonder Woman. Granted, maybe she was under strict restrictions of what she could say as a lot of the panelists seemed unsure as to what they are allowed to discuss. However, it still was disheartening to watch as it did not make me as excited for her run as I would like to be.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hmm, so she says Etta will be the only supporting cast member besides JL guest stars. I guess that means Steve Trevor won't be part of this run. And she also confirms editorial told her to put Max Lord in the book. So just like the last few WW runs after Rucka, editorial is still inserting their own ideas into the run.

I've got a sad feeling this will be another short lived run till the post death metal relaunch.

Glad to know I don't have to bother about checking out this run at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Thanks, the most interesting part was finding out the interviewer is a youtuber I follow named Kat Calamia and that she's a respected journalist as well as a comic book reviewer.

Yeah this sounds like a really short run (with editorial mandates) and it's funny that she didn't mention Steve although he's on a cover.

What I hope for most is that she sticks with the Amazon embassy set-up by Orlando.