Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    DC has gotta stop playing musical chairs with this book and give us a writer that will be allowed to make big changes and will stay on the title..
    Absolutely agree. I'm not a fan of Orlando's run but he's barely had time to settle into the job... c'mon DC!

I'm willing to give Tamaki a chance, but I don't see the point in having a new writer on-board before 5G hits other then to have someone do an obvious synergy story with Lord.

What are the chances Cheetah will also pop up in this arc?

I'd forgotten Tamaki was the writer of that god awful She Hulk series. The writing was abysmally bad in her run. With that in mind, I'm not interested in her take on Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I have no experience with the new writer so I can't really comment on that aspect of the new team but I'm really sad that Steve Orlando's run is ending so soon. It seemed like he was just getting warmed up after cleaning up the threads left by Wilson. I a, however, excited to see Janin taking over as artist. I just hope he's on the book for more than a few issue. This book desperately needs a regular A-list artist.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

Wow she is not very good writer at all

Being Super was good but other than that her work has been mediocre to bad. Not really feeling very excited over this. I get that people want a female writer on WW, but the last couple of female writers haven’t been very good, hopefully this will break that streak. Guess they’re going all in on making Max Lord a WW villain huh? On one hand he’s a character not tied to the gods so I am kind of ok with it? But I’m really sick of everyone giving her crap about killing him, so let’s hope this doesn’t rehash old stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm willing to give Tamaki a chance, but I don't see the point in having a new writer on-board before 5G hits other then to have someone do an obvious synergy story with Lord.

What are the chances Cheetah will also pop up in this arc?
    If it wasn’t clear by now, DC doing this pretty much means that 5G as it was is dead. Either that or they’re breathtakingly incompetent which would not be out of character for DC. I expect the 5G characters will not be taking over the main books anymore.

God I hope Cheetah doesn’t show up, its time to put her on the bench for a while.

It seems they want to go and match with the movie. And the fact that Orlando understood Diana is weird to change. I mean 5 G is changing now

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Being Super was good but other than that her work has been mediocre to bad. Not really feeling very excited over this. I get that people want a female writer on WW, but the last couple of female writers haven’t been very good, hopefully this will break that streak. Guess they’re going all in on making Max Lord a WW villain huh? On one hand he’s a character not tied to the gods so I am kind of ok with it? But I’m really sick of everyone giving her crap about killing him, so let’s hope this doesn’t rehash old stories.
    I don't know what it is about this title that the female writers work seems to be less well-received then the male ones, at least from my perspective. Like Rucka/Orlando and even Azzarello to a certain extent seem better received then Fontana/Wilson/Finch etc.

Robinson was probably the biggest outlier of a male writer being universally disliked on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I'd forgotten Tamaki was the writer of that god awful She Hulk series. The writing was abysmally bad in her run. With that in mind, I'm not interested in her take on Wonder Woman.
    Yeah her She-Hulk was a boring and depressing mess, this sounds totally terrible.

Why can't we have good writers like Orlando? He brings back the jet, the magic sphere, Devastation, Genocide, Gundra and Valkyries, invents Warmaster and restores Donna's connection to Diana and this is the thanks he gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know what it is about this title that the female writers work seems to be less well-received then the male ones, at least from my perspective. Like Rucka/Orlando and even Azzarello to a certain extent seem better received then Fontana/Wilson/Finch etc.

Robinson was probably the biggest outlier of a male writer being universally disliked on the book.
    Let's not forget JMS...well on second thought, maybe we should.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Yeah her She-Hulk was a boring and depressing mess, this sounds totally terrible.

Why can't we have good writers like Orlando? He brings back the jet, the magic sphere, Devastation, Genocide, Gundra and Valkyries, invents Warmaster and restores Donna's connection to Diana and this is the thanks he gets?
    Optics, I guess?

Incredible Member

If it wasn’t clear by now, DC doing this pretty much means that 5G as it was is dead. Either that or they’re breathtakingly incompetent which would not be out of character for DC. I expect the 5G characters will not be taking over the main books anymore.

God I hope Cheetah doesn’t show up, its time to put her on the bench for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    It seems they want to go and match with the movie. And the fact that Orlando understood Diana is weird to change. I mean 5 G is changing now
    Cross referencing with my potential issue number projections chart(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing), Wonder Woman will reach issue #765-#766 in September, the month Green Lantern was going to be ended early to accommodate the relaunch. It will reach Issues #769/770 in November, the month Death Metal is scheduled to conclude(since I've been informed there will be a hiatus in August between issues #3 and #4). That would give Mariko Tamaki a maximum of ten issues before the time frame for the relaunch and rumored timeline rearrangement/time skip/setting change/hero replacement.

Part of me want's to hope this is just a filler story for synergy purposes and Orlando comes back soon(and providing of course the 5G relaunch doesn't upend the book). But I don't know. Probably not.

Incredible Member

Another new writer! Who will probably introduce their own origin, backstory, abilities, weaponry, supporting cast of friends, family and foes, etc. How wonderful ... not so much.

When is Wonder Woman meant to get her pants? Or was that contingent on 5G going ahead and that's all up in the air now because of DiDio leaving?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I would actually say it's the opposite, 5G isn't suppose to have originally started till the fall, so this doesn't really contradict that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I would actually say it's the opposite, 5G isn't suppose to have originally started till the fall, so this doesn't really contradict that.
    You think they’d put a new team on right before they replace Diana as WW? You may be right, DC is dumb enough to do that, but I hope you’re wrong. That’s basically what happened right before New 52 though, Diana got a quasi reboot. Ending her time with a movie tie in arc is the most maddening move DC could make imo.