Fantastic Member

Default Hercules (Kevin Sorbo) vs. Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter)

Hercules (Kevin Sorbo) vs. Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter). Who wins?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    She can't hurt him, even if she can hit him, and I'm not sure she can do that. He can definitely do nasty stuff to her, including throwing her into orbit.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What are his 3 best strength feats? It's been forever.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    What are his 3 best strength feats? It's been forever.
    He tossed some giant stone pillar thing into freaking SPACE IIRC. It's been a long time for me, but I recall that somewhat pretty clearly.

Right in the credits, he caught a massive, probably 20 foot long stone club being swung at him by a 30 foot or so tall giant, rips it away and swings it hard enough to OSKO the giant.
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Does he have resistance to mental manipulation? If she can get her lasso around him, it might do the trick. IIRC, the tv show lasso was a bit different than current comics one-- one goes into a trance right away(?) and it was still unbreakable. I don't remember if she was as accurate at tossing it, though... (my memory may be off-- if so, my apologies).

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post
    Does he have resistance to mental manipulation? If she can get her lasso around him, it might do the trick. IIRC, the tv show lasso was a bit different than current comics one-- one goes into a trance right away(?) and it was still unbreakable. I don't remember if she was as accurate at tossing it, though... (my memory may be off-- if so, my apologies).
    No, people did not go into a trance inside Lynda's lasso. It is unbreakable and elongates as to as long as she needs it. Lynda WW never missed her target when using her lasso.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-Love View Post
    Tough one. He has way better high-end strength feats but it is highly debatable if they are high-end or outliers. The tossing stuff into space seems far beyond any of his other strength feats and yet he does enough feats of throwing things into orbit or out of sight over the horizon as to be legitimate.

In terms of durability, also all over the place. At high end, an avalanche in which multiple boulders hit him after falling a hundred yards only stuns him. He has enough durability feats like that to dismiss them being outliers. Thor hit him so hard with his hammer that it knocked him out of a village and across a field and he got up albeit it took a minute but he was ready by the time Thor followed him and got there.

He is also very fast in a fight. Even when he lost his powers, he was still just as fast and skilled.

Wonder Woman here suffers from some admittedly lame 1970s fight choreography. I think she has feats to imply she is as fast and skilled. The thing of the lasso never missing is because people are mostly running from her with their backs turned when she lassoes them. If she ever did anything else as fast as her bullet blocking, I'd give her the win on speed alone but the bullet timing seems very much an anomaly. She's not remotely that fast at anything else. She also easily has feats to prove she could hit hard enough to hurt him.

This is no curb stomp. She might win three or four out of ten. Depending on how much you give her bullet timer speed at everything , she might win them all. I just don't see her having feats of bullet timing or anything beyond his speed except at bullets and bracelets.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

sorbo herc always seemed to have just enhanced strength and limited invulnerabi;ity , not sure of carter wonder woman. The only time i can remember herc being totally outclassed was when he went up against the archangel michael

I can't imagine herc throwing stuff into Space is his consistent high end strength. The guy was strong, but I doubt you could peg him way above MCU Cap. Admittedly, I barely remember the series...Xena is a lot fresher in my mind for some reason. And she's about Cap's equal in strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    I can't imagine herc throwing stuff into Space is his consistent high end strength. The guy was strong, but I doubt you could peg him way above MCU Cap. Admittedly, I barely remember the series...Xena is a lot fresher in my mind for some reason. And she's about Cap's equal in strength.
    Herc was a fair degree stronger than MCU Cap. Look what he does to the beasties in the clip just above this.