View Poll Results: Wo is the Most Powerful Weather Manipulator?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weather Witch

0 0%
  • Nature Girl

0 0%
  • Dr. Voodoo

0 0%
  • Nathaniel Grey

0 0%
  • Beta Ray Bill

0 0%
  • Gaea

1 2.63%
  • Jean Grey

0 0%
  • Jane Foster

0 0%
  • Thor

14 36.84%
  • Storm

23 60.53%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Question everyone is brining up the biggest thing someone has done but what about the smallest. How small does their control go, like Crystal can affect to the Atomic level which I feel is important since if you can affect the smallest theoretically you can stop them from doing their crazy big powers.
    interesting point. I know crystal has controlled the elements on an atomic level but it goes to the question again I posed about jean, which is does what she csn do power wise translate to actual weather control? it's not to take away from her abilities but has she ever controlled the weather, making it rain snow, make it warmer by way of the atmosphere?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    interesting point. I know crystal has controlled the elements on an atomic level but it goes to the question again I posed about jean, which is does what she csn do power wise translate to actual weather control? it's not to take away from her abilities but has she ever controlled the weather, making it rain snow, make it warmer by way of the atmosphere?
    Haven't found anything on the lines of snow, but she can turn water vapors to ice, and control the temperature so she and others can survive being next to lava.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Haven't found anything on the lines of snow, but she can turn water vapors to ice, and control the temperature so she and others can survive being next to lava.
    that's impressive. I like crystal, in fact I know there have been times where her and Storm have been shown to stalemate each other. However, I think your description would still fall under elemental control and not weather manipulation per say.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Crystal is a generalist able to control the four classic elements, so she can manipulate the atmosphere, lithosphere and hydrosphere, so it's like she combines the powers of Storm and Magma. Can she call down lightning on her own unaided? When she first fought the Wizard in her debut as a member of the Fantastic Four, she fired undefined elemental bolts at him that looked like lightning but weren't named as such.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Crystal is a generalist able to control the four classic elements, so she can manipulate the atmosphere, lithosphere and hydrosphere, so it's like she combines the powers of Storm and Magma. Can she call down lightning on her own unaided? When she first fought the Wizard in her debut as a member of the Fantastic Four, she fired undefined elemental bolts at him that looked like lightning but weren't named as such.
    Yes civil war 2 she uses lightning against Iron Man.

Yes civil war 2 she uses lightning against Iron Man.
    And when she destroyed a item in Vision and Scarlet Witch mini series in the 80's.

Though, she has never really called forth a tempest like Storm to my knowledge.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Though, she has never really called forth a tempest like Storm to my knowledge.
    She did, but had the assist of Johnny Storm when she rejoined the FF during Englehart's run. She told him to heat up to nova level while keeping it in as she was gathering storm clouds. When she told him to unleash the heat in a controlled stream into the clouds, the sudden influx caused a thunderstorm enabling her to blast a lightning bolt at Fasaud.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Most powerful who control weather implies, to me, all around power. So i say Thor. As he not only is a powerful weather manipulator, but powerful with or without Mjoler to assist focusing that power. Weather manipulation power I'd give a toss up between Thor and Storm. My guess is if Thor decided to focus, without his hammer, on controlling the weathe, i.e. actual norse mythology, that, given his strength and durability, he would win out.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Scarlet Witch and Franklin Richards as well. Because given their reality altering powers, they can do anything. In fact they should probably be at the top of every ability-based list.
    Technically Franklin Richards created the weather systems of an almost infinite number of planets across the multiverse, sooo...

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The fact that Thor isn't #1 by itself makes the list a joke. Storm may have more fine control based on training, but her limits are based upon physical limitations. Thor's innate magically based power doesn't have such constraints nor is he limited by the laws of physics like Storm is. The general consensus over time is that Storm can try as much as she wants, but no matter what she can throw, Thor can simply wave his hand and make it disappear. Such as the innate ability of magic over science.
    I think the fine control is where we're at with this, though. Sure, Thor can blow a whole straight through a planet with lightning, but he's never going to create an adorable downpour over a house plant, either. And if this is about weather control rather than weather as a brute force weapon, I'd go with Storm over Thor.

(That's not to say that Storm is a slouch in the brute force department herself, however)

On a side, I'm thinking of the difference between Hulk and Beast. Hulk is far stronger, no doubt. But even if he had the patience, he'd never have the control of strength or dexterity to effortlessly tie a knot with his toes like Hank.

Idk if Thor should be on this list in the first place tbh. He doesn’t manipulate weather. He’s a God who’s magic works via manifesting weather effects out of nothing. Manifest magically not manipulate the elements of weather and nature itself. He’s essentially a glorified muscle magician who can pull lightning tricks and weather effects out of a hat. No knowledge of the environment or facets that go into the energies that govern the atmosphere is required for Thor, he just waves a hammer and a storm is manifested. Which is why he can’t do any of the smaller, more detailed weather effects that she can. A weather magician with a sledgehammer vs an elemental mistress and surgeon. That’s also why I think Ororo is the omega level mutant for “weather manipulation”. She manipulates weather. Thor, manifests it via magic. Two different leagues.