View Poll Results: Wo is the Most Powerful Weather Manipulator?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weather Witch

0 0%
  • Nature Girl

0 0%
  • Dr. Voodoo

0 0%
  • Nathaniel Grey

0 0%
  • Beta Ray Bill

0 0%
  • Gaea

1 2.63%
  • Jean Grey

0 0%
  • Jane Foster

0 0%
  • Thor

14 36.84%
  • Storm

23 60.53%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, it would.

Peter even says that Jean has used her TK to change him back to human form in the caption above!!

Jean as Phoenix also used her TK to change the tree to gold, just as she often did with her clothing, changing from one to another. It is molecular rearrangement, TK of the highest order.
    that's a fair point. I still dont recall jean ever manipulating weather excluding the examples of lightning, which lightning is a direct result of weather but it isnt weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Storm I would think followed closely by Thor.
    why do you come to this conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    The fact that Thor isn't #1 by itself makes the list a joke. Storm may have more fine control based on training, but her limits are based upon physical limitations. Thor's innate magically based power doesn't have such constraints nor is he limited by the laws of physics like Storm is. The general consensus over time is that Storm can try as much as she wants, but no matter what she can throw, Thor can simply wave his hand and make it disappear. Such as the innate ability of magic over science.

did you happen to see the scans of what qualifies one as an omega? also ororo has exceeded the natural limitations when exhibiting weather displays a few times. she doesnt typically alter the weather beyond as it naturally exists to not adversely impact it to a point where it would be irreparable but again she has done it. also, thors power mostly hinge around mjolnir but remove this and he doesnt have much of any inlrssice displays of weather manipulation on his on.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    did you happen to see the scans of what qualifies one as an omega? also ororo has exceeded the natural limitations when exhibiting weather displays a few times. she doesnt typically alter the weather beyond as it naturally exists to not adversely impact it to a point where it would be irreparable but again she has done it. also, thors power mostly hinge around mjolnir but remove this and he doesnt have much of any inlrssice displays of weather manipulation on his on.
    The God of Thunder says thee NAY! Mjolnir is merely a channeling device for his weather powers. There are many instances of him summoning lightning without it. I'll also point out that because his power is magical, he doesn't have an impact on existing weather. Storm has to manipulate what is. Thor does not.

Mjolnir does provide Thor with certain powers, weather control was never one of them.

The God of Thunder says thee NAY! Mjolnir is merely a channeling device for his weather powers. There are many instances of him summoning lightning without it. I'll also point out that because his power is magical, he doesn't have an impact on existing weather. Storm has to manipulate what is. Thor does not.

Mjolnir does provide Thor with certain powers, weather control was never one of them.
    what showings does thor have without the hammer? has he been able to do any of the following:

manipulate Earth's EM field
    create snow storms/blizzards/hail/flash freeze
    heat area to create fires
    manipulate ocean mediums, water manipulation
    manipulate jet stream, air pressure
    create flash floods out of thin air
    manipulate relative humidity to dehydrate opponents
    manipulate air to prevent sound from permeating area.
    condense water vapor to create fog in large areas

how can he be a greater weather manipulator when he has never done any of those things without the hammer?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

So, the hammer is a channeling device. Y’know honestly that sounds like he can’t fully control the Weather if he needs his hammer. What has Thor done without the hammer? I’m not bashing Thor I’m looking for an understanding. Without Mjolnir what has Thor done can he summon a Blizzard? Manipulate Temperature: Heat and Cold? Can he control air pressure? I mean these are major things that govern weather. And if we look to the fact that Mjolnir has a living Sentient Cosmic Storm inside it. I even go as far to question if Thor even controls Weather at all? The God Tempest. The Mother of All Storms lives in the Hammer. Who’s to say The Mother of All Storms is actually doing all these Big Feats.

You make a good point in regards to the limits of Storm. However, considering that Marvel has turned Storm into an actual God and made her an Omega Level mutant. Such Limitations don’t t actually matter would they.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-10-2020 at 10:32 PM.

that's a fair point. I still dont recall jean ever manipulating weather excluding the examples of lightning, which lightning is a direct result of weather but it isnt weather.
    During the Dark Phoenix Saga, Storm made a storm and dense fog. Jean as Phoenix dispelled it without effort, both in the comics and in the Animated Series.

Jean as Phoenix also called down "Lightning bolts brighter than the sun" itself" and created a "full-fledged raging gale" then absorbed the lightning bolts and dispelled the raging gale as she left the Earth.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

A high-key Storm thread. Christ.

Also it's Storm > Thor > Silver Surfer > everyone else
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    During the Dark Phoenix Saga, Storm made a storm and dense fog. Jean as Phoenix dispelled it without effort, both in the comics and in the Animated Series.

Jean as Phoenix also called down "Lightning bolts brighter than the sun" itself" and created a "full-fledged raging gale" then absorbed the lightning bolts and dispelled the raging gale as she left the Earth.
    would you consider any of this weather manipulation though?

it just appears to be her telekinesis applied over a different medium. shes moving mist as opposed to a rock. so yes she is moving aspects of the weather such as lightning or fog, it's not true weather manipulation in that she can make it hot or cold, or create storms., tornadoes etc.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Mighty Member

what showings does thor have without the hammer? has he been able to do any of the following:

manipulate Earth's EM field
    create snow storms/blizzards/hail/flash freeze
    heat area to create fires
    manipulate ocean mediums, water manipulation
    manipulate jet stream, air pressure
    create flash floods out of thin air
    manipulate relative humidity to dehydrate opponents
    manipulate air to prevent sound from permeating area.
    condense water vapor to create fog in large areas

how can he be a greater weather manipulator when he has never done any of those things without the hammer?
    The Thunderer is a God, he does not concern himself with the science of Midgard. However to answer your questions, he has been shown to manipulate the elements of the storm without Mjolnir as well as the Earth itself. It is his elder god heritage.

The Thunderer is a God, he does not concern himself with the science of Midgard. However to answer your questions, he has been shown to manipulate the elements of the storm without Mjolnir as well as the Earth itself. It is his elder god heritage.
    Thank you for response. I know he has been shown to manipulate weather Mjolnir but I was curious about those specific actions I listed above. Has he ever done any of those?

Mighty Member

Thank you for response. I know he has been shown to manipulate weather Mjolnir but I was curious about those specific actions I listed above. Has he ever done any of those?
    He has done some. You rarely see it though because by his very nature he is a storm god.

Here's a scan from Fantastic Four where he holds back the waters of the Hudson River so cars can be rescued from the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels on the New Jersey side. The amount of wind pressure he has to generate to hold back that water is insane. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...0-ff242_27.jpg

Here's a planetary wide hurricane. http://i.imgur.com/qDIamZr.jpg

Summoning lightning without Mjolnir. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2442877

Lets not forget that one of them won't be harmed by being STRUCK by lightning. https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...coc3p21pd8.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...7-thor_206.jpg

Control over a TEMPORAL storm. https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...imecontrol.jpg

At the end of the day, I would say Storm has more control because it comes with her main power being weather control. Thor doesn't generally display this stuff because its not what he does. Storm has learned how to breather underwater using her powers. Thor doesn't bother because he can hold his breath as long as he needs to.

As was once said, "Tis one thing to call upon the power of lightning; 'tis another to be its god."

Mighty Member

I'll also point out that looking for high level feats without Mjolnir isn't going to happen, because the only extended time he has been without it, he wasn't quite the same guy anymore as I think we can all agree on.

She's wasn't as powerful as the characters on this list but Wind Dancer was one of my favorites. She could only control the wind. She could also use it to listen to distant voices.

Sadly she was de-powered.

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    She's wasn't as powerful as the characters on this list but Wind Dancer was one of my favorites. She could only control the wind. She could also use it to listen to distant voices.

Sadly she was de-powered.
    she recently got her powers back in xmen issue 7 I believe.

He has done some. You rarely see it though because by his very nature he is a storm god.

Here's a scan from Fantastic Four where he holds back the waters of the Hudson River so cars can be rescued from the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels on the New Jersey side. The amount of wind pressure he has to generate to hold back that water is insane. https://static.comicvine.com/uploads...0-ff242_27.jpg

Here's a planetary wide hurricane. http://i.imgur.com/qDIamZr.jpg

Summoning lightning without Mjolnir. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-2442877

Lets not forget that one of them won't be harmed by being STRUCK by lightning. https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...coc3p21pd8.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...7-thor_206.jpg

Control over a TEMPORAL storm. https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/up...imecontrol.jpg

At the end of the day, I would say Storm has more control because it comes with her main power being weather control. Thor doesn't generally display this stuff because its not what he does. Storm has learned how to breather underwater using her powers. Thor doesn't bother because he can hold his breath as long as he needs to.

As was once said, "Tis one thing to call upon the power of lightning; 'tis another to be its god."
    all of these except one thor had his hammer. so it reinforces my point that he requires his hammer to perform most of his weather feats. also to your scan about storm and lightning:

it's hard to argue he is a better weather manipulator when his biggest feats occur with the help of mjolnir.

Astonishing Member

Question everyone is brining up the biggest thing someone has done but what about the smallest. How small does their control go, like Crystal can affect to the Atomic level which I feel is important since if you can affect the smallest theoretically you can stop them from doing their crazy big powers.