Default Original Chaos! Comics fans?

Any fans on here of the original Chaos! universe? What were your favorite titles? Anybody still read them from time to time? What do you think of the reboots over at Dynamite and Coffin?

I'm a huge fan of the original line, even though I've pretty much only read Evil Ernie. Back issues are difficult to track down, especially of Lady Death. Always seem to be missing one issue or so of each of her mini series.

Anyway, hopefully this will spark some kind of discussion. These books were too much fun to forget.

Guess not.

I honestly never thought the characters were that great, but there was a certain feel to the books. A kind of heavy metal horror vibe that none of the attempts to reboot them really captured. They weren't deep or nuanced and they didn't pretend to be.

BANNED

I think it got better as Writers took over from Pullido. Or the Medival Version of Lady Death that had potential. Having Ivan Reis on art certainly did not hurt^^

Not that big a fan of ernie but i read Lady Death Purgatory and Chastity as it came out. The LD stuff from Coffin I am weary About, because it seems mostly to sell different covers for one.

Just finished the last Chastity from Dynamite and liked it. Story was not complex but it was a nice read. So if they continue it I will buy it^^
    Last edited by lowfyr; 03-11-2020 at 02:31 AM.

Spectacular Member

Anything before the Armageddon mini-series is what I like. Everything after that, with the exception of Medieval Lady Death, is not that good.