BANNED

Default New Batman Arkham game to be a reboot now that Dan Didio is fired.

Seeing that Paul Dini was fired right when he was doing writing DLC for Batman Arkham City DLC, Paul was the lead writer for the first two Batman Arkham games but did not write Batman Arkham Origin and Batman Arkham Kight both of which bombed. But seeing that Dan Didio was fired and now Paul Dini, rummers of a New Batman Arkham reboot come out or not that surprising. If rummer are right, Dan Didio was going around DC comics saying that putting Comic book characters in video games would be a bad idea for the Comic book characters.

All this is just rummers, so take it with a grand of salt.

Uh...I don't think Origins or Arkham Knight bombed. The PC version of AK was the laughing stock of the industry for a good long while but the game overall still sold 5+ million.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Origins and Knight didn't bomb. What are you talking about?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

It wasn't Didio who pushed Dini off the Arkham games. It was Rocksteady and WB who decided to go with writers for the company instead of freelance writers like Paul Dini for the DLC and the next game.

https://www.engadget.com/2012/08/06/...t-batman-game/

The last talk I had with Warner Interactive about future games was while I was doing promotion for Arkham City last September. Naturally as there was such a rush of interest about Arkham City, everyone was asking me about a third game, and frankly, I had been wondering about that myself. When I asked about the possibility of working on a third game I was told that as Rocksteady had just finished wrapping the second one, it would be a while before everyone was ready to sit down and discuss future plans. That said, it was intimated that for future games, Warner and Rocksteady might not be looking as much to freelance writers, the message being, that if I had something else interesting coming my way, I might want to take it.

Also Arkham Origins had sold 4.8 million copies according to a state from 2017 . Arkham Knight itself sold 5+ million copies by 2015.

Now the sales for Arkham Origins will never be what Rocksteady did for City and Knight as we see. But they moved some albums as we see.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Knight bombed on the PC supposed master race by being near unplayable but was a great game on the console. A bit redundant if you've played the other Batman games but absolutely a joy to play if you liked those games.