Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Default The Vulcan Predicament

All the way back in the War of Kings, Black Bolt used his powerful voice to send himself and King Vulcan into the Cancerverse. It was said that no one could escape from the Cancerverse - but Black Bolt survived, and for the longest it was a mystery what happened to Vulcan; was he dead or did he survive too? He wasn't seen or heard of for years, leading most to believe that he was really and truly dead. The X-Men and Shi'Ar Imperium moved on.

And then, in the pages of 2019's X-Men #1 it was revealed that Vulcan had been revived as part of the new Krakoan nation's Resurrection Protocols. Something seemed... off about him. Like he wasn't all there.

Flashforward a few months to X-Men #8 and the truth is out.

King Vulcan survived the Cancerverse.

Now, what does this mean? Was Vulcan found by Charles and whoever else and mind-wiped to forget all of the sins that he committed against the X-Men and the Shi'Ar empire? Is that what is wrong with Vulcan? Or does it go deeper?

Was Vulcan resurrected alongside his former teammates Petra and Sway from the moment that they were believed dead on the Deadly Genesis suicide mission all those years ago? If so, that would mean that what Vulcan has been experiencing has been the first reported case of a mutant duplicate existing in the same time frame on Krakoa as their true self, and what Vulcan has been experiencing has been a sort of bleed effect from King Vulcan. And what happens when King Vulcan returns to the Shi'Ar or the Earth? Clearly that would be a disaster itself.

What do you guys think is going on with Vulcan, and what will happen next?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

BANNED

It was revealed in one of the spoiler articles that he was resurrected by Xavier but they weren't responsible for him being mindwiped. It has something to do the Sh'ir records where it was possible that he died at all
    Last edited by Vishop; 03-13-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

somehow the current Vulcan does have flashbacks from his awakening in the Fault. So somehow he seems to be the same version.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    somehow the current Vulcan does have flashbacks from his awakening in the Fault. So somehow he seems to be the same version.
    Could this just be what happens if you're resurrected without actually dying first? Vulcan 1 and Vulcan 2 are sharing a soul/mind, which is why 2 is so off and having flashbacks to things he doesn't remember doing.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Could this just be what happens if you're resurrected without actually dying first? Vulcan 1 and Vulcan 2 are sharing a soul/mind, which is why 2 is so off and having flashbacks to things he doesn't remember doing.
    Right, if King Vulcan is still alive, and the Vulcan we've seen is a resurrected, younger version, this could be a situation similar to the two Nebulae in Endgame.

Mighty Member

All I know is, you don't want Space Caligula around.

Yup I’ve been saying this.... there’s two Vulcans. Sinister secret 7

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Yup I’ve been saying this.... there’s two Vulcans. Sinister secret 7
    What was that secret again?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    What was that secret again?

Secret 7: "Two brothers jumped out of a plane, and for the longest time, until he was discovered, many wondered if there was a third. If we told you there were more, would you believe me? Probably not."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    And then, in the pages of 2019's X-Men #1 it was revealed that Vulcan had been revived as part of the new Krakoan nation's Resurrection Protocols.
    Citation?? Reread it the other day and could not find any mention.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ome-in-x-men-8

This article from marvel has spoilers and says Vulcan was Resurrected

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Secret 7: "Two brothers jumped out of a plane, and for the longest time, until he was discovered, many wondered if there was a third. If we told you there were more, would you believe me? Probably not."
    Exactly. Not that there is a fourth or fifth brother, but that there are more than one of the third.
    Sinister knows all.

I'd love to see that evil Vulcan mess undone and the Deadly Genesis team in their own book!

BANNED

Check out my theory in the original thread https://twitter.com/LT2417/status/12...653376512?s=20

Extraordinary Member

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ome-in-x-men-8

This article from marvel has spoilers and says Vulcan was Resurrected
    If you are replying for my sake, thanks? But I read that, I am just asking for a source in the actual books.