Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DCeased 2: Dead Planet by Tom Taylor Announced

I haven’t seen much outside his confirmation on Twitter but Taylor has revealed the title and cover, by David Finch, for his Sequel to DCeased, that being DCeased 2 Dead Planet.

From the looks of it Tom Taylor beats 5G to the punch, with Adult Jon as Superman, Damian as Batman, Cassie as Wonder Woman alongside a returned Constantine. I’ve seen no release date yet but I’m personally already excited as a fan of Taylor’s work not just the DCeased series.

AB06692B-3514-4E88-9A8C-04F3C3A7B3D4.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...55048445026304
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Damn we both did it at practically the same time lol. Mods can close my thread. Here’s the pic in higher res:

I’m fine with either thread staying open, I just appreciate seeing someone else excited for this. Also thanks for the more hi-res image.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Cassie as Wonder Woman.

Spectacular Member

I said this on Reddit, but I'll repeat it here. The DCeased2 Trinity of Cassie, with (presumably) Jon and Damien is what I want 5G to be. While it isn't as diverse as what DC probably aims to do with 5G, it just feels more appropriate. It just makes way more sense to have Cassie and Damien be Wonder Woman and Batman than Nubia (who I presumed saw in the last issue of Doomsday Clock as Wonder Woman) or Luke Fox as Batman (as heavily rumored/leaked).

With that said, I can't be angry with DC wanted a more diverse set of characters replacing the main heroes with 5G. I'm still excited for 5G, in whatever form it takes now since Didio left, and I just hope it leads good new stories.

However, with the popularity of the first DCeased, this sequel may end up being even more popular than what 5G ends up becoming. Which would be kind of funny, and kind of sad at the same time.

Interesting that Cassie seems to be of the same age as Jon and Damian. I like her and Jon’s costumes. Damian’s just looks generic and boring though, they should’ve gone for a more trench coat Batman 666 look for him.

Cassie would be what, five years older than Damian? Jon should be about the same age as her, give or take a year or so. She may be from the generation before the Super Sons but she really isn't much older than them.

Does Conner not exist?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope they all die miserable, embarrassing deaths just like their ineffectual predecessors.

Commit to the theme, Taylor, you coward.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cassie would be what, five years older than Damian? Jon should be about the same age as her, give or take a year or so. She may be from the generation before the Super Sons but she really isn't much older than them.

Does Conner not exist?
    He’s probably dead, he wasn’t shown on the lifeboats, but it’s possible he simply doesn’t exist.

Does Conner not exist?
    Conner never showed up, so it’s hard to say. Either he didn’t exist or he died but he was never seen during the big get together in the fortress of solitude or the fight against Superman. To be fair neither did Supergirl or Powergirl as far as I know. So in this universe it might just be Jon.

Edit: Vordan I think we need to talk about posting at the same time
    Words to live by.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    To be fair neither did Supergirl or Powergirl as far as I know. So in this universe it might just be Jon.
    I believe both Supergirl and Powergirl were at the Fortress of Solitude.

At least I think that's Supergirl by Cyborg and Powergirl by Firestorm? Conner was probably in a similar situation to Wally. Wally doesn't fit with the Damian/Jon generation like Wallace does, and he's too big a threat to be infected, so they just left him out of things altogether.
    Last edited by Rend20; 03-10-2020 at 02:01 PM.

Well then unless Martian Manhunter killed them, I’m not confused why they didn’t help Jon when he felt the need to stop his father?
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It was never outright stated but it felt like Damian was aged up in this continuity to be back to closer in age to Jon. He was definitely drawn a lot taller at least.

Does Conner not exist?
    Young Justice era sans Cassie, and Tim who got killed off, were basically absent for this story.

I'm guessing Wallace is going to be the new Flash here.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 03-10-2020 at 02:31 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Whilst I don't want the Trinity to be replaced in 5G, if the time did come for the next generation to take over, Jon, Damian and Cassie are the ideal choices for the next gen Trinity. Their costumes look solid as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I haven’t seen much outside his confirmation on Twitter but Taylor has revealed the title and cover, by David Finch, for his Sequel to DCeased, that being DCeased 2 Dead Planet.

From the looks of it Tom Taylor beats 5G to the punch, with Adult Jon as Superman, Damian as Batman, Cassie as Wonder Woman alongside a returned Constantine. I’ve seen no release date yet but I’m personally already excited as a fan of Taylor’s work not just the DCeased series.

AB06692B-3514-4E88-9A8C-04F3C3A7B3D4.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomTaylor...55048445026304
    I can never decide whether or not I like Finch’s art or not but I’m up for more dc vs zombies big fan of the first one.
    Couldn’t have given DamiBats his trench coat or something though? Or is Bruce back because he had a contingency for getting shotgunned in the face?