Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Not a fan of the Beyond suits.
    "Get the gimp".

Well, the Beyond Suits are consistent with the design from Arkham Knight. I swear Bab's Beyond Suit looks similar to a fan design of Cassandra's suit I've seen somewhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He kind of reminds me of Alan Ritchson.
    Me too.
    And the fact that he so much bigger than Dick is kinda weird.

What is a "Transmog"?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Beyond Batsuits look like they'd be at home in Warframe. What happens to Babs' hair?

Are the Knightwatch looks emotes or are those the comic-accurate skins?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Wow those are awful. Robin looks evil, Nightwing lazily just add cowl, Babs looks like Cass, and finally, when fans told you that Hood looks too much like Deadpool, the solution isn't to draw Deadpool markings without the black filling!
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-10-2022 at 12:39 PM.

They got Spid'ah-man in dis game?!
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Me too.

What is a "Transmog"?
    Transmog is a customization system that allows players to change their characters aesthetic without losing the stats and bonuses of their chosen gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Transmog is a customization system that allows players to change their characters aesthetic without losing the stats and bonuses of their chosen gear.
    Oh, gotcha. Thanks!
    I might buy the deluxe edition then.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Jim Lee suits are what I've been waiting for. Is the art style changing for them or is that just concept art?

The Beyond suits remind me of Venom... at least I can pretend Babs is Cass with that. I definitely don't see us getting an expanded roster.

I'm going to need to see more before I think about preodering. Especially since I don't use my PS5.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The $300 Collectors Edition

The $300 Collectors Edition

Yeah, that Promethium suit...is really not flattering for Babs.

Gameplay for Red Hood and Nightwing revealed.

I really like how it looks and they're leaning hard on Jason's mystical abilities so I hope this means proper references to the All-Caste. On the flip side, the versions for PS4 and Xbox One have been canceled, so I can no longer play this game.
    "Red Hood fires nonlethal rounds. Nightwing kicks people off of buildings."

And yeah those Beyond costumes are horrible. They've got the Michael Bay Transformers techno garbage look to them. And Red Hood looks like they just stuck Deadpool's mask on Batman Beyond's suit.

Extraordinary Member

Not going to lie, I LOVE Dick's glider-trapeze. It looks cool, seems practical if crazy, and distinctly separates his long-range transportation from the others.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Me too.

What is a "Transmog"?
    Welp, he is canonically bigger than Dick is.

Mighty Member

On the topic of visuals, I haven't seen a single look for Nightwing or Hood that I like yet. Babs' default is growing on me. And Tim's is just about perfect... if he was Damian. But still, I can dig it.

On the topic of the new gameplay footage, let's start with the ludicrous: Nightwing's Goblin Glider. You expect me to believe that dude hangs, by just his own arm muscles, from a rocket powered glider flying around the city, and is still supposed to fight afterward? No, just no. Next up, Jason's mystical super jump. Now, I'd have been fine with a mystical weapon. The All Blades don't bother me. But this? Hard no. Repeat after me: Jason is not Doctor Strange. It's actually somehow worse than Tim teleporting around like Nightcrawler from the X-men. Still, terrible and illogical choices aside...

The gameplay just doesn't look great to me. The city looks cool, and I actually do like that there multiple forms of traversal even if I mock them. But the combat looks meh. I'm not a fan of the abilities they have shown off so far. They feel really flavorless and generic. And so far I'm unconvinced that they'll meaningfully distinguish between the different characters in terms of play style. Aside from animations both Jason and Dick feel really samey, even considering Jason's ranged attacks.

If I jump into this at all, it will be for the story and because I love these characters. Hell, if I can play as just Tim all the way through I'll probably do it for a playthrough just out of love of the character. But I can't say I'm overly impressed by what I'm seeing so far.

And, as a final aside, the price on that Collector's Edition is INSANE. Not necessarily unjustified with what you get, but yikes. I'm glad I don't go in for stuff like that, but I have a buddy at work who probably preordered it already. Crazy weirdo.