Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

That was very exciting for me, I can finally play a game where I can play as Nightwing. Plus I love the Batfamily so I’m hyped for this.

Now if I can just figure out which robin that is.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    That was very exciting for me, I can finally play a game where I can play as Nightwing. Plus I love the Batfamily so I’m hyped for this.

Now if I can just figure out which robin that is.
    I think the Robin is Damian Wayne.

Red Robin seems to appear in the game as support.

A Batfamily game! Playing as Nightwing, Red Hood, Robin, AND Batgirl!? I need this game. Like....yesterday.

Side note, is that Robin supposed to be Tim or Damian? He looks like he could be either of them.

EDIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

Well that answers my question lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

I hope it was Damian I’m
    A bit to really loath Tim for clogging the bat family since he cannot find his own identity

A batfamily game is pretty cool but ngl watching that trailer made me realize I'm gonna really miss playing as Batman lol

Man that Robin looks dopey, but I'm looking forward to some Nightwing gameplay.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I figured it was Damian but I got kinda thrown off by the bo staff and the fact that I thought this was the Arkham universe.

Either way, I kinda love the costume.

Extraordinary Member

...I am 100% fine with Batman being out of the picture for the game, and the family stepping up. No risk of this turning out like Knight in terms of being so obsessed with Batman it ends up detrimentally effecting everyone‘s story, including his own.

And from that flash of Babs in a cowl instead of her mask from the rest of the trailer, it looks like we might see some costume options players can embrace, while the scene of her in the clock tower next to a. Wheelchair might mean we’re getting that amalgamated “Batgirl, than Oracle, than Batgirl with Oracle’s skills and standing” idea some of us hoped for.

The Robin feels to me like it almost certainly Damian - the cut of his costume and the predictable way you could play that being points in his favor. And while he does have a staff, it looks more like a jo staff than a bo staff, which might be a good way to integrate a non-lethal sword-style to him. Though... I *could* see them making it Tim, and having recruiting Damian be a mission when tangling with Ra’s. It’s just unlikely.

If they have any DLC ambitions, more Batfamily members would be a great way to go.

Edit: if Red Robin is an not first, than I want the cowl, and he’d better be DLC later.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Dammit, they brought me back in with Nightwing vs. The Court of Owls.

It's Tim. He's the Robin of Arkham and they clearly have alternate costumes. They're not going to retcon the Batbrat in between cutscenes. He would have been in Knight if they wanted to use him. Don't forget it's Tim and Barbara who are in a relationship in this universe and that Dick is just kind of doing his own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's Tim. He's the Robin of Arkham and they clearly have alternate costumes. They're not going to retcon the Batbrat in between cutscenes. He would have been in Knight if they wanted to use him. Don't forget it's Tim and Barbara who are in a relationship in this universe and that Dick is just kind of doing his own thing.
    Honestly, I'm kinda having my doubts about whether or not this even takes place in the same universe. Not to mention how much younger this Robin looks while Babs is still clearly an adult. Hell even in the gameplay preview Red Robin looked about the same height as her while Robin was kinda shorter than everyone else.

I don't freakin know. I'd prefer that it's Damian but I'm good either way. This game still looks amazing.

Yeah I'm leaning towards this being a soft reboot instead of a direct continuation of Knight

I can see why Batfamily fans would be happy with this, but I will not be surprised if Batman shows up midway through the game.

Was that not Robin in the gameplay with Batgirl? It said “Robin joined.”

The changes to the gameplay, the voice acting, and the potential of this being a Game as Service game has polarized Arkham fans.

I don’t think this is a direct sequel to Knight, at least in a concrete sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Dammit, they brought me back in with Nightwing vs. The Court of Owls.

I don't think this is the same continuity than Arkham games (not to mention that the Robin in Arkham games look pretty different).

It is true that they have alternate costumes, but the "Red Robin" game play preview seems taller than Robin.
    Last edited by Konja7; 08-22-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see why Batfamily fans would be happy with this, but I will not be surprised if Batman shows up midway through the game.

The changes to the gameplay, the voice acting, and the potential of this being a Game as Service game has polarized Arkham fans.
    I don’t think this is a direct sequel to Knight though.
    The Robin in the gameplay preview wears a cowled suit and has a more Tim “Teacher’s Pet Nice Guy” voice... so it’s either Tim there, or they’ve neutered Damian’s brattiness, and I hope it’s not the latter.

And consideirng the gameplay takes place around Elliot property... I really wouldn’t be surprised if Hush is the body.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't notice that. Guess it is Tim.

[pats Damian on the back]

Don't worry, my son. Your time will come, someday.