Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

The Jim Lee suits would probably be the only ones I touch I just don't want to buy the deluxe.

The Beyond suit only looks great for Batgirl, but it feels more Cass than Babs.

The eternal suit looks great on Babs. I don't hate it on Tim.

Shinobi style looks good on everyone but Jason.

The Year One suits don't even accurately portray their year one looks. Discowing was probably the only thing I wanted.

A lot of these Tim outfits I've seen so far could work for Damian, which I don't like.

I don't mind original outfits either, but for the most part, I'm not a fan. I won't be shocked if they try to DLC some suits people may want or for people going for more comic-accurate looks.

But, the suits are only one aspect of the game, and I'll probably stick to whatever style I like the most of the time anyway.

Sidenote: Are hairstyles interchangeable or no? Because, that would elevate some of these.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Sidenote: Are hairstyles interchangeable or no? Because, that would elevate some of these.
    Babs' hair seems longer in some of these than it does in her base look.

A cutscene with Dick and Babs talking about Bruce and their relationship.

Last edited by Drako; 08-05-2022 at 12:52 PM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Their Barbara pretty closely resembles the same studio’s Barbara from Arkham Origins, a few years older

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    A cutscene with Dick and Babs talking about Bruce and their relationship.

It's so weird hearing Christopher Sean as Dick after watching Star Wars: Resistance.

But hey, Dick butt joke, Dick/Babs shipping, and good character beats!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's so weird hearing Christopher Sean as Dick after watching Star Wars: Resistance.

But hey, Dick butt joke, Dick/Babs shipping, and good character beats!
    Yeah, I'm almost mad that it was a genuinely good scene.

Mad because it's still months away!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Reposting from the Jason thread

Entertainment Weekly ran a feature about the game

https://ew.com/gaming/gotham-knights...ider-man-cues/

I really like this part

"We really did not want him to just be this angry guy who wants to punch things all the time," Young says. "He's not that. Yet there are things that get him really mad. He doesn't like injustice, he doesn't like when things don't go their way, but he also is still part of this family and interacts with them on that level."
    Also new screenshots

Jason looks awesome .

Mighty Member

Red Hood looks like the one character I won't play. I absolutely loathe the mystical nonsense they leaned into. It's sacrificing the character to the gameplay, but whatever. It's even lazier than teleporting Robin, which is pretty lazy indeed.

That said, I'm intrigued by their ideas for how the character should fit into the family. The character beats look like they should be worth playing for, if nothing else.

That said, four character trailers in and the gameplay still looks really not that interesting. The combat is really bland, even if the animations look cool. I'm hoping their is something deeper lurking in this game and that it's not just another beat-em-up, go to checkpoint game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Red Hood looks like the one character I won't play. I absolutely loathe the mystical nonsense they leaned into. It's sacrificing the character to the gameplay, but whatever. It's even lazier than teleporting Robin, which is pretty lazy indeed.

That said, I'm intrigued by their ideas for how the character should fit into the family. The character beats look like they should be worth playing for, if nothing else.

That said, four character trailers in and the gameplay still looks really not that interesting. The combat is really bland, even if the animations look cool. I'm hoping their is something deeper lurking in this game and that it's not just another beat-em-up, go to checkpoint game.
    It looks a little silly but the gunning down bad guys looks fun enough .

Extraordinary Member

The complaints about how the gameplay looks I get… but as a bad gamer who sucks at that part of video gaming, it just doesn’t bother me that much. I’m the type of freak who might genuinely hear gameplay is mediocre, but enjoy watching the cutscene movies on YouTube, and buy it based off that.

The traversal system doesn’t both me too much either, but that might just be my thirst for a Batfamily video game coming though. On Red Hood himself, I’m in a weird place because I have zero respect for any of the light mystical stuff that he had in Scott Lobdell’s books, and indeed most of that books’ style just doesn’t appeal to me… so this increased emphasis on it feels more like the game going out of its way for fans of Lobdell’s book to my outsider perspective.

I’m interested in whether or not they might try marketing the bad guys or not, beyond the Court. Those earliest teases we got seemed to hint at 5+ factions we might see. I’m still curious who those might be.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks a little silly but the gunning down bad guys looks fun enough .
    Sorry, I can't take "non-lethal bullets" Hood seriously. Either go all in or just don't go there. I get that they want a different playstyle for him, with him being the slowest character but with the strongest ranged game. But it just looks plain stupid.

Again, however, as much as I don't like the direction they've chosen to take the character for gameplay, I conveniently never have to play him. So I'll kick back and enjoy the story while I play with Tim and maybe Babs. Even though I'm not digging what I'm seeing from a combat perspective yet, the opportunity to play the whole game as Tim had me from the game's announcement. And the little bit of story content they've shown off, particularly the brief Babs/Dick scene they released last, looks really good.

At this point I kind of feel like I'm going to have a very similar opinion on this as I do Arkham Origins. The actual combat/gameplay isn't great (but isn't bad, just kind of derivative and same-y), but the story is excellent and well worth the playthrough. I do hope this game doesn't suffer from that games' Shock Gauntlet easy mode, but I still think AO has the strongest narrative of any of the Arkham games. So that bodes well for this, with the same studio calling the shots.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar