Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean Arkham!Robin doesn't look anything like Tim to begin with. He's some amalgam All-Robin.

And I don't know how it can be seen as anything but a continuation because it picks up immediately where Knight left off. Perhaps it's not, but that's how it felt.

But we didn't see a body at the end of Knight. I assume Bruce will show up at some point, be it as a Talon or some other way.
    This Tim looks younger thougth and is probably still teenager, so i doubt that is in Arkham continuity. Besides it says that Gordon is death i'm pretty sure that didn't happen in Knights either.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Given how Talia died and the multiple endings for Ras and Nyssa in Knight, I’d be interested in seeing how they’d tackle Damian existing in the Arkhamverse.
    I'm kinda leaning on the idea that this isn't completely in continuity with the Arkhamverse. Someone earlier said that this is likely some kind of soft reboot and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    People, they already confirmed that it's Tim.

Interesting! That explains the bo staff too.

The game looks and sounds incredible. I'm so excited for it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'm kinda leaning on the idea that this isn't completely in continuity with the Arkhamverse. Someone earlier said that this is likely some kind of soft reboot and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
    A lot of the rumors have stated it’s a new continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I’m kind of getting main character vibes from Batgirl given the teasers referenced her debut issue and she was the first shown off in gameplay.
    Yeah, she seems to be the most leading of the four, and Jason kind of gives me that vibe too. Which is weird. I mean, wouldn't be Dick the one who's co-leading a story about legacy and the Court of Owls?

Also, about Damian being missing, I'm guessing they're holding the character for the next game, or maybe even as some secret sideline for this one, leading to a following game. It's not an unheard strategy, I think. They've only show characters that people from the games were already familiar with, all of them but the Owls (makes sense, being the new main apparent villain). There's no Kate either, or Spoiler, or Cassandra Cain, or Duke Thomas, or, and this is weird, Azrael (he was already in AK, so gamers should be familiar with him to some degree).

Edit: I'm guessing that this is some sort of alternate continuity to AK. It looks like a new cont, but it also feels like there's some intent of continuing on the old story somehow. I don't know how to explain it, but it's how it feels to me.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-22-2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: mistakes were made

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of the rumors have stated it’s a new continuity.
    A “soft reboot” would include the idea of starting the game near enough to AK’s final status quo to feel familiar to mainstream audiences, but with enough significant changes to allow total freedom outside of that. Our starting team being the payable Batfamily heroes from the Arkham Games sans Catwoman and Azrael, and a premise where Batman is “gone” is near enough to those familiar with Arkham Knight, while having Jason’s disfigurement being a less gaudy and more disfiguring half-Glasgow smile, a younger Tim who’s almost certainly not Babs’s love interest, and a Babs who’s been Oracle but since recovered into being Batgirl again are significant enough changes to make for a fresh experience.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Babs is put front and center as a major lead/co-lead, perhaps even ranked above Dick in that respect. She’s the only girl immediately unveiled at the current moment, and if you wanted to have other female heroes join the game later, she arguably makes a stronger mentor/connection figure if she’s Dick’s peer and perhaps our main POV character.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I imagine that all the Knigths are going to have some mini characther arc over the course of the game, Barbara is probably trying to recover her confidence as a crime-figther after being Oracle for so long. While Jason seems to be taken Bruce's death the hardest, but i might be reading to much into that.
    Last edited by TheCape; 08-22-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I imagine that all the Knigths are going to have some mini characther arc over the course of the game, Barbara is probably trying to recover her confidence as a crime-figther after being Oracle for so long. While Jason seems to be taken his death the hardest, but i might be reading to much into that.
    As a fan of Raphael in the Ninja Turtles ostensibly being the most aloof and rebellious child but also the one most dramatically affected by anyone in his family getting hurt because he’s actually a highly emotional and empathetic person... I’d be a big fan of that idea translating over to Jason.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So they talked about it a bit more and it looks like yes, it's just very similar in setting but not perhaps in the Arkham verse-- GOOD!

They just really wanted to take the security away from people that Batman was waiting in the wings to fix things. This really is the Bat family's time to step up and I CANNOT BE MORE DOWN.

Not to mention, Bruce's goodbye in the trailer? Bronze Age all the way. Warm, concern, trust and hope. He really believes in his kids. That's a Batman I love. Really hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    As a fan of Raphael in the Ninja Turtles ostensibly being the most aloof and rebellious child but also the one most dramatically affected by anyone in his family getting hurt because he’s actually a highly emotional and empathetic person... I’d be a big fan of that idea translating over to Jason.
    You're speaking my language and I totally agree with you.

Amazing Member

Gameplay of robin/Tim, definately has a variant of the Red Robin costume feel (hood/cowl wise)

Spectacular Member

question tim is in the game but not available player and damian is a playable character

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    question tim is in the game but not available player and damian is a playable character
    The developers have confirmed that Robin is Tim, not Damian. Which in no way means that Damian won't appear in the game at some point.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I'm cool with it. Sounds like he still goes off and does his own thing but is a much more involved member of the family too.

Actually very similar to Raph of the turtles ^^^