Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Bat-wife

Default Best Bat-wife

Who do you guys think was/would be the best wife for Batman?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Susan_Maguire_(DCAU) is one character who was interesting to see as Bruce Wayne's wife. Sadly her marriage to Bruce didn't last long and the character has never been used since.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyEznrvuF8

Incredible Member

Selina Kyle, Pre-Crisis, 1978 - 1981 - Detective Comics #479 - 509, Batman #308 - #326.

I especially loved the Len Wein-era relationship that Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne genuinely strived to have, complete with dinners, walking, talking, dancing, kissing.

And, that despite a few creeping fears that it would be "a matter of time" before Catwoman would revert back to her thieving, criminal ways, was averted when, when next putted on costume, she would be working alongside Batman. And, for the remainder of the Pre-Crisis period, except for that time she attempted to murder Vicki Vale, in a fit of jealous rage, in Batman #355.
    Last edited by ngroove; 03-10-2020 at 08:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Silver Age Kathy Kane.

70's Talia Al Ghul.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

I don't think Batman can have a wife: his crusade is a full time duty, but in a hypothetic future where Bruce decided to retire, giving the cowl to Tim to become the new Oracle (or to fill that role if you prefer), he should marry a retired Telltale Selina.

Would be the best wife for Batman, Post-Crisis Shondra (Sandra) Kinsolving, healing power and in love with Bruce (knew and respected his secret also), she was on his side when Bruce was in very bad shape on the Knightfall saga, before unfortunately losing her mind to the circumstances in one of the most emotional Batman stories I've ever seen.

Incredible Member

Selina Kyle

Amazing Member

i vote for Iris West.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

It's possible for Bruce to have a wife and be happy

Talia Al Ghul: Son of the Demon ties for my all-time favorite Batman Story (Dark Knight Dark City is the other). In that story Bruce marries Talia. Batman teaches the League non-lethal combat training while Talia shows Bruce genuine love. I liked this story because neither character was perfect. Both made mistakes but I did see they loved each other. Batman and Son made zero sense and had plot holes you could drive a truck through. Talia drugged Bruce? Come on!

Vicki Vale: I don't see what was wrong with her. She was great in the movies and don't recall problems with her in the comics
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-11-2020 at 03:05 PM.

Lightbulb

I'll go with Selina. She is my fav Batman waifu, by far (despite King's antics).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    It's possible for Bruce to have a wife and be happy

Talia Al Ghul: Son of the Demon ties for my all-time favorite Batman Story (Dark Knight Dark City is the other). In that story Bruce marries Talia. Batman teaches the League non-lethal combat training while Talia shows Bruce genuine love. I liked this story because neither character was perfect. Both made mistakes but I did see they loved each other. Batman and Son made zero sense and had plot holes you could drive a truck through. Talia drugged Bruce? Come on!
    Talia's description of it suggests she really likes him... also Talia's description made it seem like he was very enthusiastic about the process of fathering Damian.

Oh yeah, that's one of the most interesting things about TAS.... Ra's says that part of why he's willing to let Batman live is because Talia likes him. So despite Batman being an enemy Ra's won't kill him unless Batman forces the issue. Kind of an odd note for a villain.... potential father in law who sort of approves of the idea of you fathering his grandkids.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

The drugged narrative from Batman and Son was retconed after Morrision apologised In B&R and Robin Rises Bruce recounts the night and the relationship with Talia. He said he fell in love and then one night in the desert he let his head follow his heart.

I like any of the many law abiding exgf's and finances that Bruce has had. They are the best for him because that way bruce doesn't have to compromise his beliefs

Selina sneaking out to steal a wedding gown makes a mockery of everything Bruce and his family stand and fight for . It also tells me that Selina doesn't care a bit about what batman stands for.

Talia is also out. I have no interest in Talia who is reformed. What will she become batwoman 2.0? No thanks.

bruce shouldn't be a criminal he should be witha law abiding woman who because plot isn't forced to have issues with his choices.

Even better someone like Zatana who is not only good and a hero but is powerful enough and magic enough to come up with a spell that makes the minors that Bruce loves endangering more robust.

Zatana

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The drugged narrative from Batman and Son was retconed after Morrision apologised In B&R and Robin Rises Bruce recounts the night and the relationship with Talia. He said he fell in love and then one night in the desert he let his head follow his heart.

I like any of the many law abiding exgf's and finances that Bruce has had. They are the best for him because that way bruce doesn't have to compromise his beliefs

Selina sneaking out to steal a wedding gown makes a mockery of everything Bruce and his family stand and fight for . It also tells me that Selina doesn't care a bit about what batman stands for.
    Selina stealing a dress and blowing up the shop for fun, slashing the Joker's throat, breaking Holly (convicted murderer) out of death row for one day so she can show her the manor, openly mocking Bruce's character and mission...King's run is full of material that shows why they are a bad idea. He just didn't seem to realize it.

Tynion writes her better than King, but after King's run I just really want Selina to leave the Batman books. I need a break from her after that trainwreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Selina stealing a dress and blowing up the shop for fun, slashing the Joker's throat, breaking Holly (convicted murderer) out of death row for one day so she can show her the manor, openly mocking Bruce's character and mission...King's run is full of material that shows why they are a bad idea. He just didn't seem to realize it.

Tynion writes her better than King, but after King's run I just really want Selina to leave the Batman books. I need a break from her after that trainwreck.
    Until King's run I would have answered Selina but Nope.
    Call me a crackpot but I think that King rather than being a shipper was anti Bat cat because he highlighted all the ways that Selina is a bad match up for bruce.

Anyone but Selina. That relationship is toxic as heck.

That Bruce after all these years needs Selina to teaching him how to throw his Batarangs.

Yes that's a thing that happened.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing. The dude had batman have sex on a pile of stolen diamonds.
    I've seen married Batman and no thank you it was boring. I've also seen Bruce and Selina and no thank's.

Anyone but Selina. Preferably someone who can take a back seat and leave sidekick to Robin.

Also someone who isn't so keen on sex atop rat infested rooftops would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham citizen View Post
    I don't think Batman can have a wife: his crusade is a full time duty, but in a hypothetic future where Bruce decided to retire, giving the cowl to Tim to become the new Oracle (or to fill that role if you prefer), he should marry a retired Telltale Selina.
    Cowl goes to Damian

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Until King's run I would have answered Selina but Nope.
    Call me a crackpot but I think that King rather than being a shipper was anti Bat cat because he highlighted all the ways that Selina is a bad match up for bruce.

Anyone but Selina. That relationship is toxic as heck.

That Bruce after all these years needs Selina to teaching him how to throw his Batarangs.

Yes that's a thing that happened.

I think he knew exactly what he was doing. The dude had batman have sex on a pile of stolen diamonds.
    I've seen married Batman and no thank you it was boring. I've also seen Bruce and Selina and no thank's.

Anyone but Selina. Preferably someone who can take a back seat and leave sidekick to Robin.

Also someone who isn't so keen on sex atop rat infested rooftops would be ideal.
    I do think King believed what he wrote was "romantic", but I hated it. Single Bruce sounds better than ever.